Live from Millenium

NevadaJo

We did not hear about the Ketichan crash until this morning at breakfast. One of our fellow cruisers received a call from a friend asking if he was ok. This was especially sad since we shared a port in Juneau with the ship and her cruisers. There are simply no words to express our condolences to those they left behind. 💔

• Like 3

Final thoughts

1. Special thanks to the entire Celebrity family for making us feel safe. A year ago, I never thought I would be on a cruise anytime in 2021.

2. special thanks to all the crew members. They were all so upbeat and gracious and above all thrilled to do their jobs. They all were at the top of their game. Remember to tip a little extra. They have been sailing around just waiting for all of us to come on board. Thank you. 

3. If you can splurge, all of the spa services are amazing. Hair, nails, and massage treatments have been awesome ways to pass sea days. 

4. To anyone going on a Celebrity cruise soon, fill up with Evian/San Pellegrino in the dining areas. Above all remember, only drink the water in the solid silver cans. No plastic water bottles on the ship. 

5. In 2019 they stopped using straws. You can now get a straw for your beverages but they are paper/cardboard. 

6. Remember the staff are all following company policy. 99.9% of the time passengers followed instructions and were very pleasant about it. 

7  Have fun. We were a little hesitant at first but if we had the opportunity to step foot on another cruise tomorrow, we would be there in a heartbeat. At least with what we saw on Celebrity.  

Happy Cruising!

Edited by NevadaJo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

Some pics from our Cabin. Celebrity Suite 6106. We rearranged the furniture as we do not watch much tv, let alone cruise tv, and wanted to enjoy our views. 

24264FCA-167A-4066-A8C6-43C1AD66A80E.jpeg

7104947B-F0E4-4583-8A02-E3FD6775A289.jpeg

2C1F3CCD-CD54-4C0F-80EB-3F0163FB5B77.jpeg

CAA50011-C05E-41F4-A02D-F2479E7CD24D.jpeg

Edited

Edited by TeeRick

On 8/4/2021 at 11:21 PM, NevadaJo said:

It sure smelled “earthy” when you opened it. 

That's an understatement LOL. We had our "Retreat Host/Butler" change out the canned stuff for Evian. Even the supposed second batch still had an off taste.

We were in CS 7140 on the same sailing. Wasn't our weather incredible!?!

Thank you for this fabulous review...great commentary and stunning photos..nature and food.

This itin is on our list... hope in a year or two.  A big trip for us from the East Coast!

We always bring our own water (prefer Fiji) and straws!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Thank you for this fabulous review...great commentary and stunning photos..nature and food.

This itin is on our list... hope in a year or two.  A big trip for us from the East Coast!

We always bring our own water (prefer Fiji) and straws!

Thanks. We are originally from the East coast and semi-retired to Nevada. We are exploring as much as we can out here. It is great to be able to hop on a plane and be in Seattle a few hours later.  Alaska is definitely a must see.

Edited by NevadaJo

8 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

Thanks. We are originally from the East coast and semi-retired to Nevada. We are exploring as much as we can out here. It is great to be able to hop on a plane and be in Seattle a few hours later.  Alaska is definitely a must see.

We have done some west coast cruises over the years.....out of Seattle and LA ( San Pedro)  including Hawaii RT,   Mexico,  Ca Coastal  up to  Alaska but not all the way up. It's a big trip for us with the long flights,  but with good  planning and saving up..very enjoyable!  We are not getting any younger and like most all cruisers  spent a yr  + sitting home.

We usually travel in AQ Class and loved the 4 mdrs on EDGE, but  we will be in Luminae for the first time in Jan on Reflection..if all goes well.  I wrote down some of the menus you highlighted.  Hope dh will be encouraged that he will enjoy it! It all looked and sounded yummy!

Thanks again for an inspiring review!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, NevadaJo said:

They were not. Guess they thought since the "in seat" time was the same (waiting for the engine to go to the end of the train--which now became the front of the train--- while we all were tasked with flipping our seats) the price was the same. 

Booooo

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, NevadaJo said:

Final photos. The dark one was before we arrived in Seattle. Taken at 1:05 AM this morning. The second is after we docked at Pier 91. The last two were taken flying back to Las Vegas. 

F371FF1E-3DAF-4A85-87D4-96F9F480C6D2.jpeg

7E591B61-E000-4636-9CCE-889B602C146A.jpeg

2345D03F-568B-4823-8231-5C752FFBE3A6.jpeg

A543D1C4-ABAA-4B30-A6F7-8EF4F1CB6D98.jpeg

😞  The mountain has lost all the snow due to the 100+ temps a few weeks ago.  It doesn't look like Mt Rainier. 

On 8/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, NevadaJo said:

5. In 2019 they stopped using straws. You can now get a straw for your beverages but they are paper/cardboard. 

How do the paper straws hold up? I'm a slow drinker and I am wondering if it is going to become a mushy mess. 

6 hours ago, norwega said:

😞  The mountain has lost all the snow due to the 100+ temps a few weeks ago.  It doesn't look like Mt Rainier. 

This is definitely Mt Rainier—-the pilot announced it and if you google “Mt Rainier from a plane”  almost identical pics show up.

13 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I have some reusable straws that fold up nicely in a little carrying case.  I can't remember where I bought them but I'm sure if you search on line  you'll find some.  I personally cannot stand the paper straws as they all get soft and I think alter the flavor of whatever you're drinking!  If I can find the link to where I bought them, I'll post.

22 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

I have some reusable straws that fold up nicely in a little carrying case.  I can't remember where I bought them but I'm sure if you search on line  you'll find some.  I personally cannot stand the paper straws as they all get soft and I think alter the flavor of whatever you're drinking!  If I can find the link to where I bought them, I'll post.

I found the website.  www.GIR.co

13 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

This is definitely Mt Rainier—-the pilot announced it and if you google “Mt Rainier from a plane”  almost identical pics show up.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  Yes, it is Mt Rainier, but with the loss of snow, it doesn't look like the iconic photos of it.  Here's a photo from last October.  We're taking the gondola to the ski resort on Friday.  The temps here in Seattle are forecasted to be mid to high 90's, so it's a way to escape the heat for the day.  https://www.crystalmountainresort.com/ 

2020 Oct 27 - Mt Rainier.jpg

8 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Thank you, I ended up buying some reusable straws as well. 

On 8/11/2021 at 12:46 PM, norwega said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  Yes, it is Mt Rainier, but with the loss of snow, it doesn't look like the iconic photos of it.  Here's a photo from last October.  We're taking the gondola to the ski resort on Friday.  The temps here in Seattle are forecasted to be mid to high 90's, so it's a way to escape the heat for the day.  https://www.crystalmountainresort.com/ 

2020 Oct 27 - Mt Rainier.jpg

Yikes! Certainly is a difference!

7 hours ago, NevadaJo said:

Yikes! Certainly is a difference!

yes.  Unfortunately in addition to the heat, forecast of high 90's today, we now have smoke from BC, Canada, so the gondola is closed.  Thankfully we bought a window A/C a few weeks ago, so the house we hope will stay below 80 degrees.  

2 hours ago, norwega said:

yes.  Unfortunately in addition to the heat, forecast of high 90's today, we now have smoke from BC, Canada, so the gondola is closed.  Thankfully we bought a window A/C a few weeks ago, so the house we hope will stay below 80 degrees.  

Here’s a photo from Wednesday. My soon took it out the window of the plane. FA7EF917-11BE-4F57-9AC4-A4097D15D868.thumb.jpeg.76527299bbdb1e7800598f278d2740b7.jpeg

• Thanks 1