Live from Millenium

NevadaJo

3 hours ago, slanik said:

We cruised out of St Maarten in June with the same crew.  We loved Ivan, Gilbert and Ayo.  When we left I felt like I knew them.  Such a good crew.  Give my best to them all. 

Will do! Ayo (I-you) is so sweet and funny. They are all wonderful!

Be sure to meet Satoko and the Captain's Club Host, Chris. Some of the wonderful crew on Millie. Tomorrow is Satoko's birthday so wish her happy one!

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Orator
  • Like 1

Your pictures are beautiful!  We were there last week and I'm so ready to go back! 

I had to laugh at the canned water comments, though I don't think I realized there were two 'flavors'.  Either way it was pretty nasty tasting!  I always asked for Evian or Pellegrino if they had it.  Thanks for the memory!  lol  Enjoy the rest of your trip!

On 8/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, LuvCruising88 said:

Your pictures are beautiful!  We were there last week and I'm so ready to go back! 

I had to laugh at the canned water comments, though I don't think I realized there were two 'flavors'.  Either way it was pretty nasty tasting!  I always asked for Evian or Pellegrino if they had it.  Thanks for the memory!  lol  Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you! Silver cans are new. 

Skagway Train ride was pretty . However, for the rest of the season it only goes to mike 14 and not to the summit due to bridge repair. We took the best of Skagway tour but dropped off after the Skagway Brew Pub so we could get a bite to eat. Very good, fresh pub food. Salad lettuce is grow on site. Awesome. 

FA354FA6-BB97-452A-91C7-0FB8A3151A6A.jpeg

7B864C6A-0D22-4DA0-A6D8-FE708DA1B58B.jpeg

1B66F06F-1653-4242-922D-2639862FB908.jpeg

129E9E2D-59A8-4098-A75E-2B85DF72C38A.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Thanks for posting this. Really enjoying the photos. On the 8/13 departure. Any COVID cases announced onboard this sailing yet?

I have not heard any. Honestly we have to open our door to hear the announcement so we are only listening intermittently.  Nothing in the daily’s or overheard in conversation. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing so far. On the 8/27 sailing and have been eagerly awaiting updates so I can try to figure out what will be different/new protocols in place. I have a few questions if you wouldn’t mind!

- are you having to make reservations for anything (shows/gym/etc)

- how are the theater shows different (if at all)

- have you been to the gym? Any changes there?

thanks so much! 

On 8/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, briguy1314 said:

Thank you so much for sharing so far. On the 8/27 sailing and have been eagerly awaiting updates so I can try to figure out what will be different/new protocols in place. I have a few questions if you wouldn’t mind!

thanks so much! 

During this cruise no reservations were required. The gym equipment did have some signs to leave space (I believe it was every third treadmill) but it never looked crowded. Mostly due to the fact that we were probably at 50%capacity.

I cannot comment on shows as we were typically eating at that time so we did not get to any of them. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:11 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for letting us know about the train.  If it is shorter then I would hope prices would be less.

They were not. Guess they thought since the "in seat" time was the same (waiting for the engine to go to the end of the train--which now became the front of the train--- while we all were tasked with flipping our seats) the price was the same. 

On 8/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, TMLAalum said:

Such beautiful weather!

We were very fortunate. The worst weather we had was returning to Seattle today. A few foggy nights on the ship but the fog horn sound blasting throughout the night  really made it feel like we were on a cruise. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, briguy1314 said:

thanks so much! 

The cruise ended with 2 sea days since we could not stop in Victoria. We saw one whale. Our last Alaska cruise was this same time in 2019. Many more whale and dolphin sightings. We were extremely fortunate to make it to Dawes Glacier. The first cruise did not. I hav attached pictures from the lovely portfolio they gave to us. 23A6A963-4E22-473B-AFA6-0F1800D3DF31.thumb.jpeg.2afc9278ae022d83d7593f6ae5ddff29.jpeg

CF35C23E-885F-4584-B89D-1B0AFA826FBA.jpeg

Edited by NevadaJo