New NCL Menu's

Jawhn

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

When we cruised the Joy two years ago, the American Diner had a smaller breakfast bar you could do.  Does only Joy have this or do any of the other ships?

I'll check on Encore next week! I've gone to American Diner for breakfast on Joy - in exchange for a pared-down breakfast menu you get zero crowds, since hardly anyone knew it was an option.

It wasn't shown as a breakfast option in the dailies posted for the shakedown cruise, but that doesn't necessarily mean the revenue cruises will be the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I'll check on Encore next week! I've gone to American Diner for breakfast on Joy - in exchange for a pared-down breakfast menu you get zero crowds, since hardly anyone knew it was an option.

It wasn't shown as a breakfast option in the dailies posted for the shakedown cruise, but that doesn't necessarily mean the revenue cruises will be the same.

Sounds like we may be on the same cruise on Encore (7th through 14th).  I was checking the Test Run Dailies (in another post) for this week on the Encore and they didn't list the breakfast option for American Diner like they did with the Joy.  However they do list breakfast in the Explorer Lounge and I don't recall that option when on the Joy, but that could just be my memory.

3 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Sounds like we may be on the same cruise on Encore (7th through 14th).  I was checking the Test Run Dailies (in another post) for this week on the Encore and they didn't list the breakfast option for American Diner like they did with the Joy.  However they do list breakfast in the Explorer Lounge and I don't recall that option when on the Joy, but that could just be my memory.

Explorers Lounge is on Princess so I assume you meant the Observation Lounge? Yes, breakfast was available in the Observation Lounge on my Joy and Bliss sailings, and was my go-to for breakfast. Well, let's be honest, for my first breakfast of the day... 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Explorers Lounge is on Princess so I assume you meant the Observation Lounge? Yes, breakfast was available in the Observation Lounge on my Joy and Bliss sailings, and was my go-to for breakfast. Well, let's be honest, for my first breakfast of the day... 

Sorry, yes, the Observation Lounge.  Loved it so much we made sure our cabin was very close.  

And yes, we eat like Hobbits do.  1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast, tea time, early lunch, lunch. etc etc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Sorry, yes, the Observation Lounge.  Loved it so much we made sure our cabin was very close.  

And yes, we eat like Hobbits do.  1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast, tea time, early lunch, lunch. etc etc.

We eat, drink, relax and repeat. 

My wife calls me a garbage disposal with food since I have crohn's disease, so eating for me is just all the time.

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Elevensies! 😊

• Like 3

8 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

When we cruised the Joy two years ago, the American Diner had a smaller breakfast bar you could do.  Does only Joy have this or do any of the other ships?

Other ships, too, pre-Pandemic.  Now it’s a wait and see if reduced capacity means changes in meal options.

18 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

When we were on the Bliss there was a small buffet in Margaritaville. The jewel class ships have a small buffet in the Great outdoors area at the back of the ship. We frequent both of those areas.

22 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

18 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

When we were on the Bliss there was a small buffet in Margaritaville. The jewel class ships have a small buffet in the Great outdoors area at the back of the ship. We frequent both of those areas.

FWIW Pre-pandemic, the Encore did not open Am Diner for breakfast. 

On 8/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, zerooveride said:

Posted by someone in my Roll Call on Facebook. These were the Embarkation MDR lunch menus today on the Encore test cruise.

(These are not from me, but I thought I'd share over here. Robbie if you're on CC, thanks!)

lunchmenu1.jpg

lunchmenu2.jpg

lunchmenu3.jpg

lunchmenu4.jpg

lunchmenu5.jpg

This looks the same as my cruise in February 2020. It's a good menu though.

These new changes are great, (except no cheesesteak on the MDR lunch menu 😔). but let’s be honest, the specialty dining has always been pretty good.  My question is….have they changed any of the MDR dinner menus?  I feel like I’ve seen the same menus in the same rotation for what feels like a million years 😜

5 minutes ago, chefchick said:

These new changes are great, (except no cheesesteak on the MDR lunch menu 😔). but let’s be honest, the specialty dining has always been pretty good.  My question is….have they changed any of the MDR dinner menus?  I feel like I’ve seen the same menus in the same rotation for what feels like a million years 😜

Hopefully someone on the first cruises will post some more MDR menus.   If they changed the MDR lunch I would guess there are some changes to the Dinner MDR menus.  

I was excited to see the Monte Cristo sandwich on the lunch MDR.   If you've never had one, you may not understand😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Hopefully someone on the first cruises will post some more MDR menus.   If they changed the MDR lunch I would guess there are some changes to the Dinner MDR menus.  

I was excited to see the Monte Cristo sandwich on the lunch MDR.   If you've never had one, you may not understand😊

Oh, I’ve had a Monte Cristo….Understand?  Well, I’m going to be polite and say it’s an acquired taste 😜. Look, I’m just happy to see new menu items..even if I’m won’t be ordering them personally.

Edited by chefchick
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

BirdTravels is posting MDR menus on the Live Encore thread.  The embarkation MDR lunch one seems different though from what was posted here.  

Embarkation day buffet photos - self-serve!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chefchick said:

Oh, I’ve had a Monte Cristo….Understand?  Well, I’m going to be polite and say it’s an acquired taste 😜. Look, I’m just happy to see new menu items..even if I’m won’t be ordering them personally.

Thanks for being polite....my DH doesn't understand either😊

One of the things I've enjoyed most on cruises is trying new dishes on menus!  This thread has been fun while we wait for our first cruise back.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

BirdTravels is posting MDR menus on the Live Encore thread.  The embarkation MDR lunch one seems different though from what was posted here.  

Embarkation day buffet photos - self-serve!

I saw that on his thread. (Isn't it great to have a live BirdTravels report!)

It looked very similar to embarkation lunches we had before.  I do recall that the MDRs seemed to rotate between two lunch menus so perhaps they are both going to be available.

16 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I love Monte Cristos.  I definitely want to try those.

(Though with that said, I feel like it's very much a "once in a great while" kind of food!)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chefchick said:

The embarkation MDR lunch posted here does not match the one @BirdTravelsjust posted on the Big Encore Comeback cruise.  Ironically on that one, they still have the Philly cheese steak!

On 8/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, Sand and Seas said:

Doubtful.   I believe Ocean Blue's earlier menus had Lobster without up-charge.  

We were on a back to back on the Bliss October 2019, and there was no upcharge for lobster. We ate in Ocean Blue 4 times.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, coastcat said:

Silly people. That sole is wonderful!

I am saddened by the departure of the profiteroles. The new desserts look fabulous, though. And hey, the 4-mushroom soup is still on the menu so it's all good.

I always order the sole.  Delicious!  And I second the opinion on the loss of the profiteroles, my favorite dish on NCL.  But replacing that with "assorted ice cream"?  Pretty sad, IMO.

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 11:38 PM, ImADaneFan said:

That looks so good, hope the Verve Rose is included in the upgraded package I intend to buy, I understand the yellow is, glad I have bought speciality for every night- 10 dayds to go