The Daily for Tuesday August 03, 2021

richwmn

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Another scorcher today.  No nights out yet, still not comfortable with crowds.  Love Watermelon and Pecans.  The meal sounds wonderful.  Have not been to Brazil, looking forward to the photo's from those of you who have. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists. 

Stay safe everyone, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Paradise:

The Paradise is an IBA official cocktail, and is classified as a "pre-dinner" drink, an apéritif. The earliest known in-print recipe for the Paradise Cocktail was written by Harry Craddock in 1930. This cocktail is prepared using gin, apricot brandy, and orange juice in a 2:1:1 ratio, with a splash of lemon juice. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 1/6 oz (7 parts) Gin, 1/2 oz (3 parts) Orange juice, 2/3 oz (4 parts) Apricot brandy
Preparation: Shake together over ice. Strain into cocktail glass and serve chilled.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Drinkware: Cocktail glass
IBA specified ingredients: 3.5 cl (7 parts) gin; 2 cl (4 parts) apricot brandy; 1.5 cl (3 parts) orange juice

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 7.24.23 AM.png

This sounds good.  I might try it the time I am a passenger on a ship.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, atexsix said:

Yeah I figured a lot of you are using those and maybe smartphones.  I do occasionally but find it hard to navigate. 

Once I got used to the Ipad, I far prefer it to my laptop.  

One of the joys of roll calls - on our 2013 Prinsendam TA, we had electronic sessions where people shared knowledge on IPads.  I arrived not having a clue having just bought it for travel and got off quite comfortable.  The joys of great CC people and roll calls 👍 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

It was also on my profile page but I just checked yours and mine and it’s gone now. 

Are we not cool cruisers anymore?  I looked at your profile and I don't see it unless I'm not looking in the right place.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Are we not cool cruisers anymore?  I looked at your profile and I don't see it unless I'm not looking in the right place.

They are probably still in the middle of whatever they are doing.  Tomorrow it could all be different again.  Let’s just hope CC is working 😉 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kazu said:

They are probably still in the middle of whatever they are doing.  Tomorrow it could all be different again.  Let’s just hope CC is working 😉 

Yeah, you're right!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

It was also on my profile page but I just checked yours and mine and it’s gone now. 

May I ask a personal question please?  Did you just send me an FB friend request?  I think it’s you.  If it is, I will confirm.  Thanks 🙂 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Did anyone else not have access to CC with message site is having upgrade? I couldn’t   log in for around 20 minutes.

I had that problem earlier today.  Around 9 AM your time as I recall Chief.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Nah - nobody’s in steerage on the Daily 🙂 

where did you see the 2/14?  I checked my profile and there’s nothing there but my number of posts.  Curious now.

Jacqui:

They are listing the number of posts differently with the new upgrade to the cite.  For instance they now list you as 60.5 which tells me have over 60 thousand posts.  I believe I have 17, 705 but that is not the it will read on the front of this post.  This new since the morning upgrade.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

One of the joys of roll calls - on our 2013 Prinsendam TA, we had electronic sessions where people shared knowledge on IPads.  I arrived not having a clue having just bought it for travel and got off quite comfortable.  The joys of great CC people and roll calls 👍 

And children - don't forget the children!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

Jacqui:

They are listing the number of posts differently with the new upgrade to the cite.  For instance they now list you as 60.5 which tells me have over 60 thousand posts.  I believe I have 17, 705 but that is not the it will read on the front of this post.  This new since the morning upgrade.

Father they are rounding the posts up and down to the nearest .5. 
If you go to your profile, you will still see the actual number of posts you have.

Believe it or not, no fireworks went off on CC when I hit 60,000 posts 😆 😂 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, kazu said:

If you go to your profile, you will still see the actual number of posts you have.

I am shocked the did not set off fireworks for that momentous occasion. 🤨

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Happy Tuesday.  Stay dry if you are in coastal NC as they are forecasting up to 10 inches of rain over the next four days.

Send us some!!  Sure could use it here.  Forecast for Friday is some rain but may go north instead of to the fires in the south.  

• Like 7

Good day and thanks all!  Sorry I missed the ships and rockets, lol!  
another hot Smokey day,  I promise I won’t complain if it’s cool and clear!  
I’ll show one of my hardy hydrangeas, we are zone 3 so things have to be hardy to minus 40!  

D3FD946C-E052-4E23-81F7-CD7D293E8705.jpeg

• Like 16

Still morning here, but I'm very late.  So maybe I should just say Good Day, all!  We had errands ro run this morning and Pat wanted to get out early, but then we were too early and nothing was open.  So next time I will try to restrain his enthusiasm.  

We visited Boca da Valeria in 2019 on the Prinsendam's last Grand Voyage - along with Roy.  We had boarded with a lot of school supplies and the ship asked that we give them in at the desk so they could be taken to the school by representatives of the ship (along with one of the large stuffed penguins).  I was disappointed that they did not include one of the passengers, but I also had with me a lot of scrunchies, etc., for the girls and mainly stickers  and toys for the boys.  I was besieged but it was fun!  We were also told we should take a lot of single dollar bills and there were children and animals just waiting to have their pictures taken with you - for that $1!   It had been raining heavily that season in the Amazon, and the water around was very high.  After playing with the children and looking at the village, we took a little boat ride in the river.  It was very hot and muggy and I just noticed that I am wearing the same cotton blouse today, so I just have known somehow that this was the day for Boca!

P1070319.thumb.JPG.d15241a17f171322f40f0aa624d879a8.JPG

P1070339.thumb.JPG.d6fd97415823fc2e1207526b3435264f.JPG

P1070324.thumb.JPG.17ed6c38e65d4c051859f99e4bf54081.JPG

This was not our boat!

P1080144.thumb.JPG.bcdb7ae7dbc841e042ad9ef5d7c44440.JPG

P1070344.thumb.JPG.032e79d563dd9eab312d4e5750baf7ee.JPG

We did see a picture of the group that took the school supplies ashore.

IMG_9095.thumb.JPG.04786bab4fb5cfae5737431b108bf309.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

And on a PC if you hover the mouse over the number you also get the actual count.  Not sure if there's an IPAD equivalent or not.

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Well that's a bummer, 60,000 is a lot and worthy of some fanfare imo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1