New cancellations as of Aug 3

27 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Even after you sail away from the pier, the ship could return and your cruise be cancelled at any point.

Yes, that is true, and it always has been the case.  We just didn’t think about it as such, pre Covid. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Even after you sail away from the pier, the ship could return and your cruise be cancelled at any point.

I consider that a modification or curtailment, not a cancellation, the difference being that once you sail it's official enough that you should get C&A points.

Biker, who is waiting for someone to cite the exception.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

My agent came through again, she got Royal to Lift & Shift our canceled sailing on March 5 2022 on Rhapsody of the Seas to  to Seranade of the Seas March 4, 2023

Price protected our Junior Suite cabin too, Scored corner aft #1100.    🙂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My agent came through again, she got Royal to Lift & Shift our canceled sailing on March 5 2022 on Rhapsody of the Seas to  to Seranade of the Seas March 4, 2023

Price protected our Junior Suite cabin too, Scored corner aft #1100.    🙂

Good for you.  My TA called trying to get my 9-night Radiance L&S to a 8-night Explorer, and they said NO.  I called and got them to change their mind.  

On the other hand, I tried to L&S a 5-night Carib to another one, and it was turned down.  They said the revenue department wouldn't go along with it because of the price difference, so I was stuck getting a refund.

• Like 1

Works for us fine, now we don't have any cruise's booked until September 2022 to Europe and a Refundable 5 dayer  in October  2022 from Tampa we cancel if we do the Europe Cruise and now the March 2023 from Tampa.

Hopefully things settle down by then and now we don't have to worry about protocols, mask, test's etc etc etc.....................

And we don't have to worry about any FCC expiring etc by September 2022.

It's all good now 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:30 AM, dominicr said:

this is exactly my problem with the way cancelations are being done.  I do not have a problem with the cruise lines canceling cruises as that is their decision but the timing of them is very suspect.  They are waiting until people make their final payments then doing the cancellations for the interest free loans.  I’m sure there are people out there who aren’t fortunate enough to have ample money in the bank and zero balances on credit cards.  I’m not here to judge people on their spending habits but people do need vacations and mental breaks to get away.  Putting a couple thousand dollars on a credit card that has a balance and now paying interest on it for several months just isn’t fair to those folks because a big company needs free money.  I’d actually like to see someone file a lawsuit against some of these companies to see what would come out of discovery and if this was planned that way.  If a company takes your money knowing they will not be giving you goods or services then that is the textbook definition of fraud. 

And even if you could pay off the balance than when they finally get around to crediting your account you have to call the credit card company and ask them to send you a check.

We were on the Rhapsody 29 January with refundable deposit and just got invoice for switch to Serenade.  It now shows nonrefundable deposit, which I'm just not comfortable with.  So called today and cancelled; refund promised in 30-45 days.

34 minutes ago, JimVB said:

We were on the Rhapsody 29 January with refundable deposit and just got invoice for switch to Serenade.  It now shows nonrefundable deposit, which I'm just not comfortable with.  So called today and cancelled; refund promised in 30-45 days.

Unfortunately, this has been a recurring issue with L&S bookings.  They don't tell you that they're going to convert your refundable deposit cruise into a NRD and then it just shows up as NRD.  Frankly, I'm surprised that you even noticed....most people don't.  I'm very happy that they agreed to refund it to you after doing the L&S.

• Like 1