Live From Mardi Gras August 7

Eli_6

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

This is correct. It is on the port side. If you walk around the Havana Bar and towards where the rooms would be, they have it blocked off with a big sign that says quarantine area.  The bar and pool area are still open as I am assuming are the rooms on the starboard side of the ship. 

This is very interesting. I have friends who were on the first sailing, Havana Port Side and they said there was no quarantine area. I wonder if they just started it due to the new regulations? And I wonder where they bumped the passengers that were booked in those cabins. 

Thank you so much for the updates and I hope you are having so much fun!

I believe that I heard JH mention a breakfast buffet in the Havana bar in the mornings, although I do not see it listed on any of the Fun Times that have been posted.

Are you able to confirm that there is a breakfast buffet in the Havana?

We are staying in a Havana Cabana in a few weeks and would love to grab a close breakfast and sit on the Cabana.

1 hour ago, surfjock27 said:

Thank you so much for the updates and I hope you are having so much fun!

I believe that I heard JH mention a breakfast buffet in the Havana bar in the mornings, although I do not see it listed on any of the Fun Times that have been posted.

Are you able to confirm that there is a breakfast buffet in the Havana?

We are staying in a Havana Cabana in a few weeks and would love to grab a close breakfast and sit on the Cabana.

No, the limited breakfast buffet which is located in Ocean Plaza on the 3 Vista Class ships is located at Pig & Anchor on the Mardi Gras.  Sit down breakfast is also available at Cucina with the full MDR options. Breakfast sandwiches are available at JavaBlue Cafe, Guy's Burgers and Shaq's Big Chicken.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

This is correct. It is on the port side. If you walk around the Havana Bar and towards where the rooms would be, they have it blocked off with a big sign that says quarantine area.  The bar and pool area are still open as I am assuming are the rooms on the starboard side of the ship. 

I certainly hope the Havana cabins on the port side are open because we have a port side interior Havana three weeks from now.  Anybody else???

2 hours ago, sc4125 said:

I certainly hope the Havana cabins on the port side are open because we have a port side interior Havana three weeks from now.  Anybody else???

I personally would contact your TA, PVP or Carnival to see if you could be changed.  You are aware of the situation and the Havana interior cost difference is worth it on the Vista Class ships but not on the Excel Class. The pool is postage stamp sized, there are no hot tubs or tiki huts as well compared to the Havana on the Vista Class.

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Sit down breakfast is also available at Cucina with the full MDR options. Breakfast sandwiches are available at JavaBlue Cafe, Guy's Burgers and Shaq's Big Chicken.

I’ve kind of gotten lost in the thread. Are you saying these options are available on the Vista?

On 8/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, Cruise Related said:

Thanks for the pics and updates Eli! If you find yourself with a little free time and it’s not too much trouble, would you mind (if at all possible) taking a pic of the chefs table menu? Much appreciated! If ya can’t, seriously no worries. 

Don't mean to hijack Eli_6 posts... Chef's Table Menu from Jul 31 sailing1318856200_chefstable.thumb.jpg.a20afd2e1d5166c7f37eebdd1e32f2fd.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, Eli_6 said:

We flew in last night and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the bed was comfy, the room was cool and they offered a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $6. Our shuttle arrived to pick us up promptly at 10. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise out. Check in and security was a breeze at the port. We were sitting in the holding area waiting to board by 10:30.  Oop...Looks like we are getting ready to board now! I will post photos as soon as I get on board and have internet. The internet in the holding area isn't great.  

Thanks for all your posts and pictures. Looks like you're having a great time.

I forget if you mentioned this previously, but is it just you and DH, or are your children (with exemptions) with you?

Are there many children onboard?

On 8/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, Sagittarius traveler said:

Thank you for this! I love the update on the mini golf because my little one loves playing I'm sure we'd be playing a lot more with this new setup they did good on this one.

My little one loves to play mini-golf too!  My wife that is: she's shorter than me.

😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My little one loves to play mini-golf too!  My wife that is: she's shorter than me.

😁

Dude, I can totally relate. I’m 6’3 so when I’m holding one of those tiny putters I literally have to do the “hunch”. Wife cracks up every time and kicks my booty. I like to think the one with most strokes wins, personally. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I personally would contact your TA, PVP or Carnival to see if you could be changed.  You are aware of the situation and the Havana interior cost difference is worth it on the Vista Class ships but not on the Excel Class. The pool is postage stamp sized, there are no hot tubs or tiki huts as well compared to the Havana on the Vista Class.

There hasn't been a change as of today - or at least my cruise planner still shows the same cabin #.  I don't spend a ton of time by the pool (or I should say in the pool) so not that concerned with it being small.  I just wanted to be able to hang out by the pool, have a few drinks and chill without the loud P.A. system and the children having fun.  I know that I could experience the same things - with a much larger pool in the Serenity area - but during sea days it usually packed.  I also like that several of the restaurants are very close.

I would contact my PVP but I guess I need to ask for a new one because the one I have now doesn't respond to calls or emails - beginning to wonder if she still works there.  

Guess I'll just call the 1-800 # and see if anyone can give me a heads up if my cabin may be changed.  

As an FYI about Havana cabins on portside being used as quarantine area, I just did a mock booking for August 28 (which is when we are booked) and they still show 4 interior Havana cabins open on the portside.  I sent an email to my supposed PVP asking for clarification so I'll give her a day to respond and will call 1-800 # if I don't hear from her (again).  Fingers crossed we get to keep our cabin.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:53 AM, BlerkOne said:

Using Havana cabins wouldn't upset me. If anyone is in quarantine they won't be allowed to use the facilities. An exclusive area has become more exclusive, with resources shared by fewer people.

Thank you finally someone said it!! What difference does it make if the “quarantine area” is Havana? Passengers can’t leave their room anyway. 🤦🏼‍♀️

On 8/7/2021 at 5:08 PM, sid_9169 said:

I know that Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, but I totally envy every single person boarding the Mardi Gras between now and November 27th, when it'll FINALLY be my turn...

I can't wait to read your review.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just wanted to pass along a link to what I feel is the most comprehensive review of the Mardi Gras currently available on YouTube.  It's just over an hour long but well worth your time.

I've watched more than ten "comprehensive" Mardi Gras introductory videos and this is by far the best!  Thanks for sharing!