Updated dry dock schedule please.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:59 PM, Reina del Mar said:

My ignorance-apologies !

I had no idea the ship would take from 20th March when it returns to Fort Lauderdale after 13th. March cruise, to arrive in Portland by 7th. April..that’s 18 days !!! 

The cruise on the 13th is not cancelled though it has been changed to 6 days.  CP won't leave the Caribbean until the 19th or 20th.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 7:33 PM, hpeabody said:

I am booked on the World Cruise Jan, 2023 on the Island Princess, unfortunately (UGH! Princess' most awful ship since they hacked her)  I can only hope that they create an IC (International Cafe) like they did on her former twin, the Coral during this next maybe drydock, if this information is true.  I really have tried but have been unable to find anything official from Princess about future drydocks,

Since this is taking place 

Island Princess August 17 - 31, 2021 Marseille November 26 - December 6, 2017

I wonder why we can't find out what is taking place. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:12 AM, John99 said:

Hi robin1  --  good question.  Below is the last dry dock for 2 ships -- Grand Princess and the Sapphire Princess.   This should give some idea on what happens during a dry dock.  Typically,  the longer the dry dock (7/10 days versus 20 days) more maintenance and/or upgrades will be performed.

Grand Princess (Grand Class) - Dry dock 2019 (Portland, Oregon)

Reupholster lounge chairs in Explorer's, Crooner's, Wheelhouse, Crown Grill, Library, and Snookers. 

New information screens throughout elevator lobbies

New bathtubs in staterooms

New sofas for Explorer's and Crooner's 

Replace Mini-suite sleeper sofas 

Replace astro turf deck covering on upper decks 

Replace Horizon Court carpeting and tiles 

Replace Wheelhouse Dance floor 

Refurbish elevator interiors

Repair/Refinish beverage station cabinets in Horizon Court 

New carpeting in the dining rooms and Crooner's. 

New carpeting in hallways

Refurbish swimming pools

General maintenance and upkeep

Painted hull of ship

New propellers

New hot tub tiling around both Calypso and Neptune pools

Ocean Medallion wiring install (not active until subsequent dry-dock in 2022)

SHIP SYSTEMS: Inspection and repair of propellers, exchangers, propulsion as well as hot and cold water lines.   

We were on the Grand right after this dry dock in 2019 and a great upgrade was USB plugs on new nightstand lamps!! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

Does Princess release what is happening during the scheduled dry dock?  I will be on the Grand after this next maintenance and wonder what they will be updating/improving.

If you use a PVP they can usually find out for you

7 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Hmmmmm, according to the web cam she is indeed in drydock in Marseille.  Don't know if there is a way to know what they are doing to her.

island_bridge.jpg.a041a898eda6ebb26f4578dc0de71f85.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 7:17 AM, Esprit said:

Pleased to see Regal scheduled for a refit next April. We are on board for two weeks in July and it did look a shade tired in Southampton last week.

I'm on Regal with my family for 2 weeks in July (16-30), will be our first Princess cruise. Have you heard if this scheduled dry dock is purely for routine maintenance, or if there will be any basic "freshening up" applied to things like carpeting, decor, etc? I'm assuming a two-week dry dock is too short for anything more significant than that, but I'd also hope that after 7 years in service they'd give her a bit of a facelift.

• 8 months later...

I am currently booked to sail on Sapphire Princess. It was originally an 8 day cruise leaving on May 2nd, 2023 but Princess changed it to an 11 day leaving on the 29th of April.  I see that it's supposed to be in drydock until May 1st.  Should I contact my Princess agent about this?  Please advise.  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, Jadn13 said:

SHIP

DRYDOCK/WETDOCK SCHEDULE

MOST RECENT

Caribbean Princess April 7 - 25, 2022  Portland

April 13 - May 11, 2019

Coral Princess December 1 - December 15, 2021  Cadiz January 21 - January 30, 2019
Crown Princess

October 2 - 19, 2022

Portland January 6 - 20, 2021
Diamond Princess January 22 - 30, 2022  Singapore January 19 - February 1, 2019 
Emerald Princess October 10 - 26, 2022  Brest March 29 - April 14, 2019
Enchanted Princess March 25 - April 15, 2023 Marseille N/A
Grand Princess April 25 - May 11, 2022  Portland March 5 - March 18, 2019
Majestic Princess September 26 - October 3, 2023  Ogden Point February 24 - March 11, 2020
Regal Princess April 16 - 30, 2022 Marseille April 17 - April 30, 2017
Royal Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Singapore December 1 - December 7, 2018
Ruby Princess October 3 - 15, 2021  Portland September 30 - October 14, 2018
Sapphire Princess April 10 - May 1, 2023 Portland December 31 - January 17, 2021
Sky Princess April 15 - May 6, 2023 Brest N/A

is there an update to this schedule?

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, rsquirrel said:

Are you sure about the Crown Princess?  We are supposed to sail on October 18th, 2022 from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii and back.

We  are on the segment from LA and back Nov. 9th. Both your cruise and ours are NOT available to book on the Princess site right now. I've never seen that before and its really weird. Not sure what's happening to our cruises on the Crown. 

Anyone have some info they can share?

Same thing is showing for the Emerald. September 30 and October 28 sailings are all that is showing. Everything else in August and September is show "currently unavailable" I know she is going into drydock after the September 30th cruise finishes but what going on with the rest of the dates?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is precious little information about the Crown Princess dry dock in Portland starting Oct. 2. Will they finally fix the propulsion issue? I hope so, as I am booked on the Vancouver-Hawaii RT immediately following the dry dock. I note that cruise critic reviews of the Crown have been awful recently, commenting on late or cancelled port arrivals and a nasty shuddering aft.

Does anyone know what is planned for the dry dock and how is Princess dealing with all the complaints?

• 4 months later...

Is Enchanted Princess scheduled for drydock in April 2024?  Still don't see where Enchanted Princess will be in April 2024.  My 20 day cruise on Enchanted ends on 4/6/24, and if the segment after my cruise is the TransAtlantic, then I would like to book it. 

On 1/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, chubbypiggy said:

Is Enchanted Princess scheduled for drydock in April 2024?  Still don't see where Enchanted Princess will be in April 2024.  My 20 day cruise on Enchanted ends on 4/6/24, and if the segment after my cruise is the TransAtlantic, then I would like to book it. 

Well, if the above schedule is still accurate, Enchanted is scheduled for dry dock this spring march 29-April 15, and princess.com shows no cruises for those dates on enchanted, so I’d say that schedule is  still accurate.

If so, then a dry dock in 2024 seems very unlikely.  

Now, why there is no schedule yet for enchanted, or emerald also, is a question I would like to know, also.  Trying to decide between a cruise and land vacation for that summer, and need to know schedules and prices!

On 1/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Well, if the above schedule is still accurate, Enchanted is scheduled for dry dock this spring march 29-April 15, and princess.com shows no cruises for those dates on enchanted, so I’d say that schedule is  still accurate.

If so, then a dry dock in 2024 seems very unlikely.  

Now, why there is no schedule yet for enchanted, or emerald also, is a question I would like to know, also.  Trying to decide between a cruise and land vacation for that summer, and need to know schedules and prices!

Does anybody know what they are doing to the Enchanted in dry dock?

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:32 AM, JaniceB said:

The island has a gap in her schedule from May 24 2024 till July 5th 2024. 6 week refit announced on the current WC last night. 

• Like 2