Covid Test results by email??

ryansmousehouse

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

People have been reporting that the biggest thing slowing down the lines at embarkation is people not having their required "paperwork" ready and available.    For that reason alone I will be doing everything possible to have a paper copy of my test results and yes even my Xpress pass, vaccine card is only available in hard copy.   

Yes agree.  But keep in mind that the testing requirement was just put in place last minute for these recent cruises.  I think it will become more streamlined from now on as people know what to expect.  It would help greatly if Celebrity would issue an updated Q&A covering testing.

Just now, TeeRick said:

It would help greatly if Celebrity would issue an updated Q&A covering testing.

Couldn't agree more.  I can't understand why RCL has had much better FAQ's available much earlier on many of these early sailing issues. 

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

Couldn't agree more.  I can't understand why RCL has had much better FAQ's available much earlier on many of these early sailing issues. 

As I mentioned before the RCI corporation should ask its cruise lines to be in sync offering Q&A's for common things like what tests are acceptable (or not) and electronic vs paper documentation.  Or 72 hours vs 3 days.  Even if they choose to have different onboard requirements (like % vaccinated, number of kids, etc.).  I am referring to US port and terminal requirements (FLL, SEA) that all RCI lines are using and sharing.  My guess is that in the terminals some of the same employees check in both Celebrity and RCCL passengers on different days.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes agree.  But keep in mind that the testing requirement was just put in place last minute for these recent cruises.  I think it will become more streamlined from now on as people know what to expect.  It would help greatly if Celebrity would issue an updated Q&A covering testing.

LOL. Love your confidence, but some people are simply wired that way. A relative with whom we have travelled is fully aware of what documents are needed, and at what stage of our travels, but she is never ready. Never! Check-in at the airport, and after being in line doing nothing for a few minutes, she's fumbling through her purse at the counter trying to find her passport. On we go to security, and rather than having her boarding pass in hand to show to the official, she starts looking through her overflowing purse again when asked for it. And so it goes, delay after delay, nothing major, but an extra 15 seconds here, an extra 30 seconds there. A wonderful person, sharp as a whip otherwise, but for some reason she just doesn't understand the concept of being ready, documents in hand. 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. Love your confidence, but some people are simply wired that way. A relative with whom we have travelled is fully aware of what documents are needed, and at what stage of our travels, but she is never ready. Never! Check-in at the airport, and after being in line doing nothing for a few minutes, she's fumbling through her purse at the counter trying to find her passport. On we go to security, and rather than having her boarding pass in hand to show to the official, she starts looking through her overflowing purse again when asked for it. And so it goes, delay after delay, nothing major, but an extra 15 seconds here, an extra 30 seconds there. A wonderful person, sharp as a whip otherwise, but for some reason she just doesn't understand the concept of being ready, documents in hand. 

Reminds me of the people in the grocery check out line who just stand there while the groceries are rung up and then act surprised when they are asked to pay, and spend umpteen time digging through their purse for their wallet.  Especially annoying when it's one of the older crowd who insists on still using a checkbook.  Ugh!  (and I am one of the older crowd, so this is an observation, not age disparagement🙂)

• Like 1

I’m on the Edge right now, the first X ship that required the pre-arrival testing at Port Everglades.

I got two tests, one the PCR one the night before I left, and the quick antigen test on my route (ten minutes from my office.)

I did not get the first test’s results in time to print it at the office, and the second’s results came while driving.  CVS sent links via both email and text.  I saved them to PDF on my phone.  At the terminal, they took a picture of my phone showing one of the result PDFs.  Easy, no issues with digital only documents.

• Thanks 1