Covid Test results by email??

ryansmousehouse

We will be getting our antigen test as we drive thru Portland Or. On our way too Seattle for Alaska cruise later this month... The results are emailed to you.. No hardcopy is provided.. So the question for anyone who has sailed will an email on my cell satisfy the powers that be... Thanks all.. Bob

33 minutes ago, ryansmousehouse said:

We will be getting our antigen test as we drive thru Portland Or. On our way too Seattle for Alaska cruise later this month... The results are emailed to you.. No hardcopy is provided.. So the question for anyone who has sailed will an email on my cell satisfy the powers that be... Thanks all.. Bob

Really good question as we are also being tested in Portland on our way to Seattle and we will only be able to get the results in an email. I was just going to print them at the hotel. Over the last 18 months I have been tested several times and I’ve never gotten a hard copy. 

Glad u posted this Q.

I asked this same  ques of the  cruiser who thought the CVS results would not come in time.. very stressful.. He booked pre paid rapid tests  ($200) as a back up.

CVS test came back  in time..no hard copy.

We get the results by phone call and email in 15-20 minutes from CVS.  Just print out the email.  Been also tested at a private walk-in clinic and paper copies were available in 2 days for pick up.

Pre-cruise testing is very recent.  I would be pretty sure that more than a few people showed up with test results saved on their phone (document or email).  Celebrity would need to somehow rule for or against this practice and make it public as part of their Q&A.  Has anybody been questioned at the port with electronic documentation of test results yet?

According to this thread by @trabeler they take pictures of your test documents and vaccine cards when you are boarding.  So you possibly need hard copies for this.  Or they would need to take a picture of the document on your phone or iPAD/tablet?   They might accept an email forwarded to them with your results?  Celebrity needs to make it clear what they will accept- immediately.

• Thanks 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

Walgreens and CVS will email results, which you can print out.  My GP signs a letter stating what test  I was given, date of test, my name, and the results.   I print that out and will take it with me.

I think for some people it is timing.  Especially for those coming a long way.  Need to take a test and have a printed copy.  If coming in the day before and waiting for test results,  no problem usually to print at a hotel.  If coming in the day of the cruise- need to find a place to print.  Perhaps Celebrity could print it for you at the port if you forward them an email when checking in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I think for some people it is timing.  Especially for those coming a long way.  Need to take a test and have a printed copy.  If coming in the day before and waiting for test results,  no problem usually to print at a hotel.  If coming in the day of the cruise- need to find a place to print.  Perhaps Celebrity could print it for you at the port if you forward them an email when checking in.

Just wondering if you can show the email as proof?  Or, as you say, I'm betting the hotel you're staying at will print it out for you.  Me?  I want to have both at embarkation.

• Like 1

I've read a number of posts that they can and will accept results on your phone.     Like paper copies they use a Table and take pictures of both your ORIGINAL Vac Card and your Test Results.  

Out an abundance of caution I will be bringing a printed copy with me,  just in case my phone suddenly decides to die on me or I can't get a signal.

5 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I take screenshots of my documents and put in photos for when I worry about signal. Can still get to your saved photos.

Thanks, I just figured out how to save an email as a PDF and even found out where it is on my phone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, poinsettiaplate said:

And what do you do if you don't have smart phone with email or photo capabilities and have a long travel time?

If you can't make your travel arrangements work with the testing requirements, you might want to consider renting a cell phone. This link will give you some idea of what's involved, but there is a ton of information available if you spend a little bit of time with Google.

https://www.frommers.com/trip-ideas/cultural-immersion/cell-phone-rentals-while-traveling

Is anyone else concerned about losing or having stolen your vaccine card and negative test proof? In all our trips abroad I've used a pacsafe type purse or even a regular cross body leather purse to keep passport and cc cards secure, but now am thinking about one of those "bra" bags as these two proof documents seem invaluable!

Suggestions?

13 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Is anyone else concerned about losing or having stolen your vaccine card and negative test proof? In all our trips abroad I've used a pacsafe type purse or even a regular cross body leather purse to keep passport and cc cards secure, but now am thinking about one of those "bra" bags as these two proof documents seem invaluable!

Suggestions?

Whatever system you have been happy using for your credit cards and passports should be good for vaccinations and testing documents IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poinsettiaplate said:

And what do you do if you don't have smart phone with email or photo capabilities and have a long travel time?

A couple of things: Buy a TracFone for your trip.

Use a computer at your hotel to log into your email account.

Just curious, but has CVS ever given someone a reason why they can’t provide a hard copy of the Antigen test results? Afterall, it’s only a 15 minute test? How hard would it be to wait for the results, especially in the worst case scenario that you do have COVID?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, poinsettiaplate said:

There is usually a business center in most hotels and airport that have computers.   You may have to pay a small fee but can access the internet and usually also have printers.

But since you live in Florida I would think you could print them before you left home.

Edited by Jim_Iain

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've read a number of posts that they can and will accept results on your phone.     Like paper copies they use a Table and take pictures of both your ORIGINAL Vac Card and your Test Results.  

Out an abundance of caution I will be bringing a printed copy with me,  just in case my phone suddenly decides to die on me or I can't get a signal.

Good thinking!

17 hours ago, poinsettiaplate said:

You could rent a smartphone just for your trip as one option.  But you would also need to learn to use it if not familiar.

https://www.gonomad.com/2345-renting-a-cellphone-for-traveling-abroad

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, poinsettiaplate said:

Probably a good idea to get one of those cheapie “burner” phones at Best Buy.  Just about every phone on the market in the last 10 years will have photo capability.  Get one of those and go on a “pre-paid” plan that only lasts a month.  I’ve seen some of those phones for around $30-$50.

People have been reporting that the biggest thing slowing down the lines at embarkation is people not having their required "paperwork" ready and available.    For that reason alone I will be doing everything possible to have a paper copy of my test results and yes even my Xpress pass, vaccine card is only available in hard copy.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

People have been reporting that the biggest thing slowing down the lines at embarkation is people not having their required "paperwork" ready and available.    For that reason alone I will be doing everything possible to have a paper copy of my test results and yes even my Xpress pass, vaccine card is only available in hard copy.   

Good idea.  I plan to do the same.  Be ready to rock before you hit the check in.