Tracelet question

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Disagree. You are simply kidding yourself if you think RCL wants to enforce these protcals and lose money doing so. But you're also entitled to shape your argument to satisfy your desries on the subject. But never ever forget that MONEY talks. RCL is not in business to make the CDC happy. They are in business to make people happy.  

I know they don’t want to have these protocols.  Who would honestly.  But they have to follow them or go out of business.  They have zero choice.  

However, it only makes good business sense to make sure no outbreaks occur again or they will be shut down as an industry.  They are in a horrible situation.

I don’t think we are disagreeing at all.  Im just saying they don’t even have the luxury of caring whether passengers complain about wearing a band.  The old days are gone and Covid protocols, to one extent or another, will likely be around for a while.  People either accept them or don’t go.  Simple as that.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I wore one pretty much 24/7 fo two days on Allure test. Also had to wear my purple vaccination band. Hardly knew I had them on. 

The white bands are our own, nothing to do with Royal

20210727_133533.thumb.jpg.6e6a8c82505b1cde836ac8bfaccaa5b0.jpg

I did take it off while swimming 

I also wear a fitness band (galaxy) 24/7, so I'm pretty use to it. We also used WOW bands in the past. Love them as well

Not a make or break question - more out of curiousity.  Can you take off the purple bands when in your room?  I'm weird that I don't like to sleep with any jewelry or similar on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FPP777 said:

06:32 Coffee and Baileys at the Cafe

08:45 Mimosa in the Windjammer

11:30 Bucket of Beer by the Pool

16:30 Bourbon from the Pub

18:30 Bourbon at the Schooner Bar

20:00 Wine with dinner

22:00 Bourbon at the Disco

They know where I am all day. 😆

Heyyyy...please save some Bourbon for me...hahaha...what are you sipping?🥃😀

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

Not a make or break question - more out of curiousity.  Can you take off the purple bands when in your room?  I'm weird that I don't like to sleep with any jewelry or similar on.

Yes, you can take off the Tracelet and the purple bands when you are in your cabin.  Incidentally, our bands given to us by Royal were white, not purple.  And the Tracelets were turquoise blue.  This was on Serenade last week Aug. 2-8.

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

We never had beach protocols.  More people are wearing masks around here but I took my cat to the vet, got my nails done and went grocery shopping today without wearing one.

Brevard had beach restrictions over Memorial Day in 2020

11 hours ago, cindivan said:

Yes, you really only need the vaccinated band to access vacinated only venues 

15 hours ago, Darkingnj said:

Heyyyy...please save some Bourbon for me...hahaha...what are you sipping?🥃😀

I had some success on my last two cruises in 2017/2018. I found some Blantons, Four Roses, Whistlepig Rye and Buffalo Trace. While I have much better at home, it was nice to find this and much better than some of the standard bourbon offerings. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:42 AM, Pandamonia said:

Royal wont bat an eye lid? They are losing billions per month. In debt up to their eye balls and there is no end in sight of this virus. They cannot profitably run their business currently so maybe they wont care about 1 or 2 people but when the ships are empty and they stay empty they will care. 

Also my GPS location is not tracked on my phone because its turned off when not in use. My phone will not come and lock me up and force me in to quarantine because i was in the same room as someone who caught the virus. I wont have my liberty taken from me for 2 weeks by my vehicle and i wont be paying for the pleasure of it with my own money either!

The reason they are "tracking" you is so they can lock you up to protect their business. They dont give a monkey about you or your health. They wont be tracking me because i wont be paying to visit their prison ships!

I would hope they lock you up if you test positive on their ship. Then the tracelet will help them locate who else you may have infected. The industry can not take another Ruby Princess nightmare. It's all about mitigating the outbreak. Glad you won't be visiting their prison ships...let us know how you find the situation on other lines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

I would hope they lock you up if you test positive on their ship. Then the tracelet will help them locate who else you may have infected. The industry can not take another Ruby Princess nightmare. It's all about mitigating the outbreak. Glad you won't be visiting their prison ships...let us know how you find the situation on other lines.

You do realise they have these things call vaccines now dont you?

Ruby Princess is now impossible on ships with vaccinated staff and passengers. 

There will be more old people croaking it on these ships from their usual heart attacks than covid... Should we lock them away from the bar and buffet in case they have a coronary? 

Edited by Pandamonia

On 8/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Tracelets are being used on the Serenade OTS (Seattle -Alaska).  Passengers wear it on their wrist like a watch.PXL_20210726_183640402.thumb.jpg.6ea6bf8f9ec0e07b3c7a45766ef68cf5.jpg

Does this do anything besides track people?  Does it unlock our Cabin door?  Is it in place of the cards?  At Disney, these replace these things.

4 hours ago, FPP777 said:

I had some success on my last two cruises in 2017/2018. I found some Blantons, Four Roses, Whistlepig Rye and Buffalo Trace. While I have much better at home, it was nice to find this and much better than some of the standard bourbon offerings. 

Yes, yes, yes, and yes, I have all four here at home.  I see you're from Texas, I was actually sipping on Garrison Brothers Single Barrel Cask Strength private pick 125.1 proof from a local liquor store here in NJ.  Will you be Bourbon hunting in St. Thomas?  Someone posted on another ship I believe the Adventure that Blanton's was being sold for $89 onboard...that would be a pass for me...lol  Enjoy your cruise!  🥃🛳️

Edited by Darkingnj

13 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

Does this do anything besides track people?  Does it unlock our Cabin door?  Is it in place of the cards?  At Disney, these replace these things.

Tracelets have no other function besides assisting with contact tracing if you are exposed to someone who has/develops covid.

1 hour ago, Darkingnj said:

Yes, yes, yes, and yes, I have all four here at home.  I see you're from Texas, I was actually sipping on Garrison Brothers Single Barrel Cask Strength private pick 125.1 proof from a local liquor store here in NJ.  Will you be Bourbon hunting in St. Thomas?  Someone posted on another ship I believe the Adventure that Blanton's was being sold for $89 onboard...that would be a pass for me...lol  Enjoy your cruise!  🥃🛳️

Yeah, I would have to agree on the Blantons. Even at 65, I dont bother anymore.

My cruise is going to St Marteen. There is a place there on Front street called Gulmohar's. They have one of the better whiskey selections. They have the Gold and Straight From the Barrel versions of the Blantons there as well, but I dont believe you can get some of the more sort after allocated bottles. Enjoy the GB. They are hit and miss, but I have had the cask strength and it was tasty.

• Like 1