Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

@Spif Barwunkel Looks like these are the only bridge pics you’re getting and the only ones I’m getting too. 

Carnival may have been impressed enough with Kmom’s 55th birthday to launch their new ship just in time to accommodate me, but day or night my Sign and Sail card ain’t opening that door. Walked to the very front of decks 14, 15 and 16 just to be sure there was no secret front deck with clandestine stairs to a viewing point but it’s just staterooms and then Checkpoint Charlie as you see here.

1F5B49C1-8A19-4E21-94C9-1627B6064C12.jpeg

146C0CF6-B53D-4EF9-ADCD-5EBAC1AE3122.jpeg

AAABB1F2-9784-4E23-989F-EF8F32101E80.jpeg

D7CAEE2D-9AC7-4E50-8BF5-D2CFABA92DA8.jpeg

F009AE43-3F41-4E0C-AA53-99FADC2618CC.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

ICYDK, you can order the pasta entrée as a starter portion. I do this to have as a pasta course before the main course. 

Did not know. Thanks and will keep in mind. Stepmom ordered it too and we both sucked down as much as we could literally stomach.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mondello said:

Nah, you were fine. They missed the humor, supported with pictures, and posted twice. This is a great thread and I just worry if you're spending enough enjoying yourself on your cruise. I guess Post as you go works because it is hard to remember all the moments that add up and fade to memories after the cruise.

Well if it helps think like this. I brought along a paperback that I’m only barely interested in to fill any dead space. But then I found all of you. What sounds better? Seriously I’m a worker bee by nature and too much relaxation makes me nervous. We have trivia all day which I love, and the (relatively) cool morning sea breeze blows through my hair as I type while I take in the elixir of life here on the Lido deck, waiting for DH to finish his, errr, morning routine. 

IRL I’m not a very social animal so having a tribe share the experience is an enhancement, thanks very much.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Did you enjoy Daniel Johnson's in Roatan?  Did you have to wear a mask the entire time off of the ship?

Loved it so much!!! Our driver Jeff Abbott was awesome to chat with both ways. Tyler was our guide in the sanctuary and wonderful as well. Out of respect to these people who only just got the vaxx last month and prioritized for those in tourism to protect their economic lifeline and us, we did wear the masks the whole time as was expected. They didn’t say anything if it came off but they obviously noticed immediately and it was clearly concerning to them.

In fact one of the monkeys stole it off my face and dragged it in the sand of his enclosure and I put it right back on anyway.

They are afraid (terrified) of more shutdowns and the ships leaving for another 16 months. 

The last thing I want to do is inadvertently infect Roatan with a major outbreak due to my unknown asymptomatic infection.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

I may be wrong about this, if so, I'm sure someone who knows will correct me. I don't think there is a Mongolian Wok on the MG. i love THAT place, wish there was on on the ship.

Mac

Pretty sure Street Eats has similar type food offering as Mongolian Wok did also Chibang which is why they did not include a Mongolian Wok

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

@Spif Barwunkel Looks like these are the only bridge pics you’re getting and the only ones I’m getting too. 

Carnival may have been impressed enough with Kmom’s 55th birthday to launch their new ship just in time to accommodate me, but day or night my Sign and Sail card ain’t opening that door. Walked to the very front of decks 14, 15 and 16 just to be sure there was no secret front deck with clandestine stairs to a viewing point but it’s just staterooms and then Checkpoint Charlie as you see here.

1F5B49C1-8A19-4E21-94C9-1627B6064C12.jpeg

146C0CF6-B53D-4EF9-ADCD-5EBAC1AE3122.jpeg

AAABB1F2-9784-4E23-989F-EF8F32101E80.jpeg

D7CAEE2D-9AC7-4E50-8BF5-D2CFABA92DA8.jpeg

F009AE43-3F41-4E0C-AA53-99FADC2618CC.jpeg

Quite the security system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Limelight Lounge evil step in back row. 😡😬🤬

4480DB5B-4AF4-4546-B423-B7A79CE87A04.jpeg

A4190883-917F-4956-ABAF-86B4449A2483.jpeg

80CE6563-FDE3-47DC-B806-D4BCC5B66BF4.jpeg

It was hard to tell from the previous pics but these pics are absolutely deceitful regarding that step! How the heck would one even be able to see that? Design flaw, for sure! Happy Birthday. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Limelight Lounge evil step in back row. 😡😬🤬

Thank you and thank you! These put the issue in perspective. You have gone beyond the call posting multiple angles. This will help many people to step cautiously preventing accidents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Does the MDR decor feel "cafeteria" like in person.  The tables and chairs just remind me of that or maybe retro 50's?  Could just be me and it doesn't change the food options regardless.  

I like it but yes it’s a bit retro. There are lots of padded vinyl chairs on this ship and they are comfy and look smart and stylish to me but I ain’t a fancy type so what do I know?

For my dad and my aunt’s husband. I will tell them both you all thank them for my service because I know you do.

I am a Vietnam war baby and Dad was in Danang when I was born August 12, 1966. Seriously if it weren’t for that conflict I wouldn’t be here, there, or anywhere. 

53A78345-CCC2-456E-8FE8-37175ECC5C4D.jpeg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, cruisingagentone said:

Not to start trouble or anything but I have clients who smoke, can you tell me where the smoking areas are on the ship?

Thank you for your wonderful review

From Hub App

9F933AA4-1ED2-484D-8A59-69D583B1A810.png

Edited by KmomChicago