Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

1 hour ago, tcarter8199 said:

Thank you so much for all the information you have posted.  This has been really helpful.  We are on the ship for the August 21st sailing.  My son tried escargot for the first time on a Carnival cruise and he loves to get it every time we cruise.  Have you seen escargot on the MDR menu yet?

It’s showing for tomorrow night as a rare find with the appetizers. I believe that’s the only night of the cruise I’ve seen it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

What restaurants are currently free on this ship for a limited time that usually carry a fee for dinner? I think I heard the Italian place and ????. Thanks

Cucina del Capitano, Chibang!, and Pig and Anchor Smokehouse.

1 minute ago, KmomChicago said:

Cucina del Capitano, Chibang!, and Pig and Anchor Smokehouse.

Thanks! Wife and I have Freedom booked in October. Reason we chose is due to HMC and GT ports with Aruba and Bonaire. We have a Sept cruise going to Aruba, Bonaire, La Romana and Amber C. Freedom recently dropped HMC and GT and replace with La Romana and Amber C. Trying to talk wife into changing from Freedom now to Marie Gras as I don’t want to go to La Romana and Amber C again. Hopefully won’t have to twist arm to hard. 

• Like 1

Tonight’s menu. Checked in for YTD at about 5:15, seated as soon as the Flamingo opened. There were perhaps 10 or 12 parties and once we were all seated, spread out all over the room, it was calm and not crowded. We were out in an hour.

FE316B6A-92A9-49E2-9B98-7E6FE672D9C2.png

EC92ED51-84D4-45B7-A954-06BB8F077C70.png

A22EBAEA-4C85-4613-8597-6F7D9B9B126E.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

Watched a video on this ship. No mention of Mongolian Wok, does it have one? Also those floats that people lay on in infinity part of pool, r they free, readily available or do u have to rent? Thanks

No Mongolian Wok. I think those aren’t floats. They are hard loungers in the six inch deep perimeter area and free to use.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

No mention of Mongolian Wok, does it have one?

I may be wrong about this, if so, I'm sure someone who knows will correct me. I don't think there is a Mongolian Wok on the MG. i love THAT place, wish there was on on the ship.

Mac

42 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

Watched a video on this ship. No mention of Mongolian Wok, does it have one? Also those floats that people lay on in infinity part of pool, r they free, readily available or do u have to rent? Thanks

17 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

I may be wrong about this, if so, I'm sure someone who knows will correct me. I don't think there is a Mongolian Wok on the MG. i love THAT place, wish there was on on the ship.

Mac

Sorry if I'm wrong but, I thought Chibang and especially JiJis on other ships, offered up Mongolian Wok type fare during lunch service, not their more extensive dinner menu.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Coopdog08 said:

No dedicated Mongolian Wok on lido, but Chibang will serve noodle bowls and burrito bowls for lunch. The menu looks pretty similar to the beloved Mongolian Wok minus calamari, muscles/clams, and a few vegetables. Also, don't forget Mardi Gras has a food truck-like concept near the lido pool for lunch that serves Asian food like bao buns, satay ,etc. The selection changes daily for that.

chibang-menu.ashx.pdf

Edited by POACruzer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mondello said:

Sorry if I'm wrong but, I thought Chibang and especially JiJis on other ships, offered up Mongolian Wok type fare during lunch service, not their more extensive dinner menu.

Chibang Asian lunch menu. I don’t think I ever had Mongolian Wok so y’all will have to do the comparison.

559E984B-77F0-44F6-8101-A2722A3CC163.png

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Watch your step if you go in the Limelight Lounge again. 😱

Yeah nothing has been scheduled in there for the last couple of days. I need a better pic of the killer ledge. There are actually a LOT of steps up and down all over the place that are gonna have drunks as well as sobers falling and injuring themselves. In the Flamingo restaurant there’s a really stupid step up and all the hosts are constantly reminding everyone going up or down to watch their step, I assume because there have already been a lot of near misses. There are bad steps up into Grand Central on Deck 6 and maybe others I’ve already forgotten.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mondello said:

See post #158. You responded about chair hogs, yet she was joking and posted pictures of towel animals strategically placed by crew on the Lido deck chairs in the late night hours.

Thanks Mondello. I guess I’m not the effective comic I aspire to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Thanks Mondello. I guess I’m not the effective comic I aspire to be.

Nah, you were fine. They missed the humor, supported with pictures, and posted twice. This is a great thread and I just worry if you're spending enough enjoying yourself on your cruise. I guess Post as you go works because it is hard to remember all the moments that add up and fade to memories after the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1