Princess Grill

Minnie29

It’s our first time in Princess Grill on the beautiful Queen Elizabeth in just over a week.

Super excited and would love any comments from Grills experts. 
what should we expect and what are the moments we should not miss.

thank you

The Grills dining is on it's own level and there is the Grills Lounge between the QG and the PG at the front of the deck. There is also a sun deck reserved for the Grills Passengers.

In the lounge there will be a concierge who can help with details like booking a box in the theatre for special performances (not all are special- and on those days it is first come, first served). 

Other than that, other parts of the ship are open to all. Enjoy your voyage. 

• Like 1

The Princess Grill mini-suites are a notable step-up from Britannia and we really like having the extra space. 

Dining in the Grill is likely to be a real highlight - there is an excellent a la carte menu alongside the daily menu for dinner and for all meals you will have food prepared in the Grills galley. Experience varies a little in how much off-menu ordering is permitted these days in PG but my advice would be that if there is something particular you’d like for a meal, asking in advance will do no harm at all. On our past trips the staff in the Grills have bent over backwards to make us feel pampered. 

The afternoon tea offering in the Grills is a definite improvement on Britannia, even though we like that very much. 

• Like 1

Having experienced Grill in the past it is a wonderful chance to enjoy their cuisine and talents.

When we do sailing Grill, we switch off the a la carte menu from the daily menu every other day to vary our selections.

While away it great to be pampered. Wine and Dined..

Thank you for your comments. 
We have been considering the coffee drinks package but are wondering if we need it in Princess Grill?

I understand there is coffee etc in the Grills lounge and the coffee maker in the cabin. 
I love a latte so just want to check that I can request one in the Grills restaurant etc?

The coffee in the Grills lounge is inclusive.

What we particularly enjoyed was being able to have lunch in the restaurant on boarding day and trust this will still be the case: gets the voyage off to a civilised start. However, I think I might have read that this may be changed for the “Staycation” cruises. I do hope not!🤞

Is there anyone reading this who knows?

21 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

What we particularly enjoyed was being able to have lunch in the restaurant on boarding day and trust this will still be the case: gets the voyage off to a civilised start. However, I think I might have read that this may be changed for the “Staycation” cruises. I do hope not!🤞

I'll let you know on the 13th August  as I'm in the Grills.  However, as I understand it from the latest E mail I've recently received , it appears only the service of 'Afternoon Tea' will be served  'in all categories throughout the day' from 1pm . I expect this is to accommodate all guests due to the 'social distance staggering' of embarkation during the day. ?

Reminds me of the days of the old QE2.  Afternoon Tea was always the first meal of the day on embarkation for all categories . 

Edited by Bell Boy

The only aspect of Princess Grill on the QE that I'm not pleased with is the staterooms. The equivalent on the QM2 are large rectangular rooms with a large balcony. On the QE (and QV) the rooms are long and narrow. The wardrobe is in an alcove but there is no door unlike on the QM2 where it is an enclosed space. Your guests will see all your hanging clothes as they enter. The balcony is absurdly small for premium accomodation.

What makes PG appealing to us is the restaurant, the Grills lounge and the considerable outdoor space.  We find these to be superior to the facilities on the QM2.  We have booked PG for Alaska next June which will be our second time in PG on this ship.  

• Like 2

Of course Grill suites might be nicer on QM2 compared to QM2 but you also have to take in the price as more often than not they are dearer on QM2 than they are on QV/QE and the menu is better on QM2. Also we found the drinks and wine to be dearer. 

• Thanks 1

Princess Grill is the sweet spot for us on Cunard.  We get more space, access to the great Grills Lounge, but don't have to pay the huge price of QG.  We do prefer PG on the QM2 because of the larger room size, but the Grills Lounges on QE & QV are more pleasant.  And we drink lots of coffee in the Grills Lounge, all included.  Feel free to ask for some off-menu food items.  We've had good Indian meals prepared for us off-menu in PG.  But note that your special requests might not be met.

Edited by tv24
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, LadyL1 said:

As promised, I can confirm that on embarkation day a substantial Afternoon Tea was served ( rather than lunch) 'in all categories' from 1pm - 4.30pm

This is to accommodate all guests due to the staggering of embarkation throughout the day .

There is no muster drill, however , after watching the drill on the TV one needs to familiarise them self with their muster station and have their key card swiped.

All the above is only temporary during the present climate. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

As promised, I can confirm that on embarkation day a substantial Afternoon Tea was served ( rather than lunch) 'in all categories' from 1pm - 4.30pm

This is to accommodate all guests due to the staggering of embarkation throughout the day .

There is no muster drill, however , after watching the drill on the TV one needs to familiarise them self with their muster station and have their key card swiped.

All the above is only temporary during the present climate. 

Thank you so much for remembering my query re lunch on embarkation day. 

Joining QE next week will seem like an adventure after waiting so long to be aboard again!

On 8/11/2021 at 10:07 AM, david,Mississauga said:

The only aspect of Princess Grill on the QE that I'm not pleased with is the staterooms. The equivalent on the QM2 are large rectangular rooms with a large balcony. On the QE (and QV) the rooms are long and narrow. The wardrobe is in an alcove but there is no door unlike on the QM2 where it is an enclosed space. Your guests will see all your hanging clothes as they enter. The balcony is absurdly small for premium accomodation.

What makes PG appealing to us is the restaurant, the Grills lounge and the considerable outdoor space.  We find these to be superior to the facilities on the QM2.  We have booked PG for Alaska next June which will be our second time in PG on this ship.  

Basically, they are very similar to minisuites on Princess.