Anyone else having issues trying to book flights for Alaska next summer?

compozer

I tried yesterday  for 3 hours to book our flights for Alaska for my family - two cabins.  I am very frustrated they can not link them together because flights have disappeared or prices have changed going back and forth between tabs.    Yesterday I pulled up the flights I wanted and when I clicked on "book", this message comes up:  

• The flight you selected is no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your request.

And sometimes it would say Your session has timed out - After 5 minutes!!!!    This is still happening this morning.

I called Princess (50 minutes on hold) and she found the flights but the price went from $1500 to $4300 in less than a hour.    I know prices can change within minutes - another reason I wish I could book them all 4 at the same time.

I am hoping more flights are added but I have never wasted so much time dealing with these flights.    Their web sites has been so screwed up all summer that I actually am thinking of going with another company.

Anyone else having these issues?    If the flights are no longer available, why are they still there?  

Thanks for listening to me vent!!

• Thanks 1

Not with Princess but had the same problem booking online with American airlines.  Both my wife and I have a credit with AA but different accounts.  Booked my flight first and then logged out and logged into my wife's account tried to book the same flight and the flight was just under 300 dollars more.  Called AA and after a 3 hour hold was told that was the new price of the flights.  Asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said that there was probably only 1 seat available at the price I booked.  At least with Princess Ezair you can re-fare if the prices go down.

The same problem but a different destination. We received the same message so I called and waited for 50 minutes until I got an agent. They tried to book and ended up getting the air department on the line and they said they were having problems as well. They kept trying and finally was able to book our flight but $420 each higher than what the website shows. This morning there are even more flights at the lower price but when trying to book got the same message again.

We are in the planning stages - planning to do an Alaska cruise that leaves out of Vancouver.  I did a mock booking for the cruise that leaves in May and then did a price check for the airfare with Princess.  The cost for a one way LA area to Vancouver was over $400 per person.  We did that same flight 3 years ago and paid about $150 one way per person.

I then checked with WestJet and they were around $140 one way each person.  

Check with different airlines.

25 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

Check with different airlines.

Delta is the only airline that has flights available.   American airlines came up but where the price normally is - it said nothing was available.   I am sure more will show up in the future.

I booked our Alaska flights for June, 2022 using EZ-air about a week after they became available.  I do check to see the prices, etc. Most of the time the price has gone up.  I do like the fact that you can change flights and not have to pay for the flights until payment of the cruise.

I use Delta (for points), and I noticed that business class (we usually use) was not available to Alaska; but if I went to First class, there was no problem.  I suggest you try changing "classes".

I just booked into YVR and home from FAI (Fairbanks) with EZ air. It was so simple. I even picked my seats. My dates are in June 2022. I booked into VYR on Air Canada and home on Alaska Air so there are choices and Delta was one of them

Edited by cruzsnooze

I've had similar experience with booking flights, both for our Covid cancelled cruisetour, that would have been last month, and our June 2022 cruisetour. Just keep trying. I was eventually able to book the flights we wanted for the 2021 cruisetour, about a month before Princess cancelled it last fall. Lol

The window for the 2022 cruisetour opened Friday. I got the "no longer available" error message for quite a few combos, but finally managed to book something acceptable this morning. I know it gets frustrating, but just be patient. Calling them doesn't really help. They see what you see.

Good luck.

Had a hiccup with our flights to FAI in May. Delta changed the aircraft type and time on the first leg and the flight numbers of both legs. Within a day I see Delta has rebooked us onto the new flights but Princess EZ-Air hasn't yet updated their system.

I understand the is par for the course when booking Delta. There have been horror stories about Delta rebooking impossible itineraries. Fortunately in our case it's only a fifteen minute difference.

We used EZAir to book our flights for June next year about 2 weeks ago.  Didn’t have any issues like you described, let me search select, make changes and confirmed with seat reservations with no issue.  Got a great price as well compared to booking direct with the carriers, so all in all very happy, also not having to pay until final payment is great as well.

beg3yrs,

Delta notified me yesterday that they had changed our flights from Atlanta to Fairbanks (minor) and from Vancouver to Atlanta (not acceptable).  I have been checking my Princess account all day, but Princess has not changed the flights yet.  I have decided to wait until Princess gets what Delta decided to give us, and then go in and make changes that are acceptable to us.  We have a long time to fix the flights before June; and they may change again before then.

I was able to book our flights this am but with two layovers instead of one.  The price had gone up $200 each when I pulled up the flights for our kids five minutes later..   Not pleased I can't book all four together.   Especially when all the seats were open in first class.    I will keep checking and hopefully I can get flights with only one layover.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, georgiacat said:

beg3yrs,

Delta notified me yesterday that they had changed our flights from Atlanta to Fairbanks (minor) and from Vancouver to Atlanta (not acceptable).  I have been checking my Princess account all day, but Princess has not changed the flights yet.  I have decided to wait until Princess gets what Delta decided to give us, and then go in and make changes that are acceptable to us.  We have a long time to fix the flights before June; and they may change again before then.

@georgiacat Princess today reflected the Delta flight changes correctly except for the seat assignments on the second leg. Delta has them but Princess thinks they're unassigned. I, like you, will let this brew for a while and see if it corrects itself. Sorry your return was no good. And yes, with Delta there will probably be more changes. Our return is on American and they're not as 'changeable' as Delta.

6 hours ago, georgiacat said:

beg3yrs,

Why not contact Delta now to have them work with you to get an acceptable return itinerary? As they were the ones who changed the original reservation to the new one, they should do this at no cost to you.