Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, wintrev said:

We are unfortunately the first cruise on Coral (cruise starts the 15th September) with this dining mess. On the app it doesn’t tell me what dining room is doing what as there is only a selection of two. However the Provence is not available for the entire 11 days to book at all! 

I guess having a suite means I don’t really need to bother with trying to book as we will go to the Reserve section  - but I don’t even know which one has that as it is not listed!

I still can’t book our embarkation dinner in a speciality restaurant without paying - don’t want OBC thanks.

Reserve Dining does not need any reservations. There will be paperwork in your suite telling you which dining room. There will also be a large sign at one entrance saying RESERVE DINING. No need to make reservations for embarkation night. It is guaranteed and they hold tables for suites. Just call the dine line when you embark or go to the venue in embarkation 

Boy what a glitchy system.  Platinum and paid in full.  Sailing on Regal Princess.  At first would only allow Allegro to be booked.  Can't do that because of disability and can't get to that aft dining.  Then finally figured out to go to the Reserve Dining and not the calendar to book it.  Selected Concerto for the days I wanted and saved each.  Went back to calendar to check and not there.  Closed app and checked again.  Only Symphony available.  Selected Symphony and it only shows 5:00 (early) and 7:30 (late).  I guess Symphony is all traditional dining.  Clicked 7:30 for each and all set.

Just now, danny8826 said:

I can only book the 5:00 or 7:20 PM slot.  I can't seem to choose the time for each day.  Is there a way to make this work?

Are you referring to traditional dining ?  If so there are only 2 sittings and they do not change

7 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

I can only book the 5:00 or 7:20 PM slot.  I can't seem to choose the time for each day.  Is there a way to make this work?

That's the question of the day!  If it were me (which it is not) I would wait a few days and try again.  Things are jammed up and that app never worked well in the first place.  I will not be surprised to find out they change things, too, as the cruise gets closer.  Different dining rooms, new time slots, etc.  I keep hearing from Coral people that there is no clear designation for either of the two dining rooms.  One of them will need to be half and half.  Maybe both of them will.  I guess the problem is similar for the Island people.  If this app thing is a mess, imagine how it will be on board all the ships once real people show up to eat.  I was one of the first victims of DMW after the pause, and they had no clue how to handle the mess.  Let's hope they learned from that.  In any case, my heart goes out to you, and fingers crossed things will improve in the next few days or weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Starting for voyages on or after 9-14-24 .

Yes, you may book the dining room that is reservable every 20 minute slots and you can book anytime that is available and you can book every night a different time or the same time.

if you book traditional, I believe your choice is 5 PM or whatever the second sitting time is -they vary from ship to ship ,most of them at 7:30 PM and that will be every night of your voyage, no need to worry about the rest of the nights. It’s automatically booked for traditional if you choose that route. At least that’s what I’m understanding.

or you can do the dining room that is walk-in and you just go to that dining room whatever time you feel like having dinner, of course there may be a wait or you might get right in. 

don’t forget the paid specialty restaurants, the pop ups,or casual dining, depending on your ship .you may want to do that one night.

3 hours ago, danny8826 said:

I thought that was the case for me as well until I realized one dining only offered those times whereas the other dining offered all of the different time slots every 20 mins. Try looking closer for alternate dining room choice. I originally overlooked it because it didn’t have an icon next to it like the others (I’m using the app on an iPhone)

5 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Boy what a glitchy system.  Platinum and paid in full.  Sailing on Regal Princess.  At first would only allow Allegro to be booked.  Can't do that because of disability and can't get to that aft dining.  Then finally figured out to go to the Reserve Dining and not the calendar to book it.  Selected Concerto for the days I wanted and saved each.  Went back to calendar to check and not there.  Closed app and checked again.  Only Symphony available.  Selected Symphony and it only shows 5:00 (early) and 7:30 (late).  I guess Symphony is all traditional dining.  Clicked 7:30 for each and all set.

I don't think they know what they are doing.  I'm on the Regal in December.  I used the Web page because the app wouldn't let me do anything.  I paid in full, but I'm guessing it hasn't made its way all the way through the system yet.

I had the choices of Allegro and Symphony, but not Concerto, so I thought Concerto was the traditional room.  Symphony was only available a few of the days, and there was only 1 day where a private table was available. Soooo weird.  Also, Symphony was available at 5:20 on the web page. I booked Symphony for one night, so I'm guessing when they figure everything out, we may end up in a different dining room, but hopefully at the same time and size of the table that we picked. 

On Caribbean in November, we’re Platinum. I booked all our 16 days for 6:40 pm and it appeared to work as I went through the steps of: main dining room, date, time, save but when I look at our booking nothing shows up as far as dining room reservations.

i was expecting to see the reservations. Can others see theirs? Do I actually have the reservations?

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hapytocruise said:

On Caribbean in November, we’re Platinum. I booked all our 16 days for 6:40 pm and it appeared to work as I went through the steps of: main dining room, date, time, save but when I look at our booking nothing shows up as far as dining room reservations.

i was expecting to see the reservations. Can others see theirs? Do I actually have the reservations?

On the App opening page tap on Reserve Dining. The top right hand corner should have a small box with a red heart inside it. Tap on that and your dining bookings should show.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hapytocruise said:

Check the "My Journey" part of the app. Mine showed there as soon as they got through.

On sky I can make bookings for both soleil and cielo at various times - 20 minute slots.

nothing for estrella - so I assume estella is the walk up ?

soleil and cielo both look like book a slot rather than one being the the 2 slot fixed dining ?

this is via the web app as I can’t book on the main app as not fully paid and not a vip.

5 hours ago, paulatsea said:

On sky I can make bookings for both soleil and cielo at various times - 20 minute slots.

nothing for estrella - so I assume estella is the walk up ?

soleil and cielo both look like book a slot rather than one being the the 2 slot fixed dining ?

this is via the web app as I can’t book on the main app as not fully paid and not a vip.

On the app for me Soleil comes up as fixed dining 17:30 and 19:50.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Boku said:

Yep - someone on a similar thread has said she just spoken to princess and was told that soleil is the fixed dining venue,

and that the web app has not been updated yet - so it’s out of sync with the main app !

I have yet to nail down which one is the walk up ? 

Edited by paulatsea

37 minutes ago, Boku said:

31 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Yep - someone on a similar thread has said she just spoken to princess and was told that soleil is the fixed dining venue,

and that the web app has not been updated yet - so it’s out of sync with the main app !

Hmmm...that's interesting.

I booked Soleil on the Sky as it came up with options every 20 minutes on the app.

My cruise isn't until 2026. I guess I better keep an eye on the reservations.....

6 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Hmmm...that's interesting.

I booked Soleil on the Sky as it came up with options every 20 minutes on the app.

My cruise isn't until 2026. I guess I better keep an eye on the reservations.....

Some sort of rolling update I suppose based on date/ship perhaps  - what I find odd also is that the web app and the main app don’t seem to point to the same reservations database - very weird design.

This is from the “dining reservations” thread:

Hi, We are on Sky September 2025 and April 2026. I’m Platinum so can book dining now. On the app all I could see was Soleil with multiple slots. I checked next day and it was only showing 17.30 and 19.50 although on my web version it still showed many time slots for Soleil. I have never seen anything for the other dining rooms.

I have just rang Princess and she has told me that Soleil is the traditional early/late sittings and she has booked it for me and it now shows my reservations on my app.

I asked why Soleil still showed many booking times for Soleil and she said the web has not been updated yet.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

The walk up MDR is Estrella according to the app.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse.

I don't KNOW anything, but my guess is that once you've reserved Traditional, you're locked in to eating at the same restaurant and time every night.  The only way to make a different reservation is to cancel the Traditional.

This would eliminate the problem they had in the past where people would reserve Traditional, then decide on some nights to eat in the Anytime dining, thus taking up 2 tables.

• Like 1

I reserved Almalfi every night except the first night, which kept showing no tables for two available. So I went ahead and booked Santorini traditional dining for that night. Right now my account shows Santorini traditional dining for the first night and Amalfi reserved dining for the rest of the cruise. Hopefully the computer doesn’t try to change everything.