Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, Cinerama said:

We are Platinum, booked for cruise starting 2/16/25 on the Sky Princess. What I'm seeing on the app right now:

Estrella - no available time slots

Soleil - only 7:30 PM available

Cielo - 5:30, 5:50, etc. available

Probably still waiting for a new update?

There is a very helpfull thread created by @arizonaperson that shows passenger reported restaurant usage by ship & here is that info for Sky.

Sky-2024 & 2025

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, alwalaska said:

I'm wondering if the traditional dining rooms are going to be partially empty and the lines for walk-up will be crazy.  At least on this thread, not very many people seem interested in traditional. 

All I can say is that in the past early traditional filled up. I have no idea about late, since we're early people, but I do know that early filled up and wasn't an option.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, Bobsgonecoastal said:

I was just on the phone with my cruise planner and he’s telling me I can’t select a dining time until the cruise is within 90 days of sailing.  Is that true?

im use to picking early or late dining shortly after I book a cruise and put our preferences via online.  What am  missing here?

I think your planner is mistaken. I was able to book us for February 2025, and I've seen plenty of others who've been successful way farther out than 90 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee_Jay said:

This would eliminate the problem they had in the past where people would reserve Traditional, then decide on some nights to eat in the Anytime dining, thus taking up 2 tables.

But people booked for TD could still skip TD and got Anytime - so the problem still exists.

Just finished a call into Princess where I was told that first time cruisers cannot make reservations until 60 days before sailing. Yes, everyone is paid in full. 

Is this a new policy?

We are platinium with a reserve class cabin and we are bringing our kids/grandkids with us for their first cruise. They are in standard balconies. All we are tring to do is get a traditional table for us to dine together.

8 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

I was just told 60 days.

I don't understand your quote of my post. I said this in response to somebody who said they'd been told 90 days.

"I think your planner is mistaken. I was able to book us for February 2025, and I've seen plenty of others who've been successful way farther out than 90 days."

How did the "Is that true?" get added to the quote? Doesn't really matter that much. Just curious.

If it actually is 60 days for first time cruisers, then I think that's bad. That's no way to make new cruisers feel welcome on Princess!

15 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse.

I went to click on something on the web app version on a day when I already had something booked and it popped up with a warning that said if I clicked through to the next page, my existing reservation would be canceled. 

Good luck getting it all straightened out.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Just finished a call into Princess where I was told that first time cruisers cannot make reservations until 60 days before sailing. Yes, everyone is paid in full. 

Is this a new policy?

We are platinium with a reserve class cabin and we are bringing our kids/grandkids with us for their first cruise. They are in standard balconies. All we are tring to do is get a traditional table for us to dine together.

Well darn on trying to get your family all together for dinner on an upcoming cruise and the call center wasn’t very helpful ,but heard that many times. Maybe because the two of you are in a reserve class cabin already setup by Princess to go to the reserve collection dining room?.No you don’t have to go to that dining room ,but your kids and grandkids will not be able to go to the reserve collection dining room, because they’re not in your cabin ,I’m assuming?. Maybe Princesses system just won’t let you book dinner reservations because of that? I know you said you just wanted all of you to go to the regular dining room. Maybe your kids /grandkids have to make their own dinner reservation first. And then somehow link your reservation to theirs. Maybe it’s just trying to put you out of the system because it knows what type of cabin you’re in? I don’t know -just guesses on my part.

Do you have a travel agent? A travel agent could probably help you with all of this since it’s not a straight forward reservation because of your reserve collection cabin? You may not have a travel agent for this cruise, but they are usually very helpful in getting things straightened out or questions answered.

Well,darn on Princess call center telling you that first time cruisers such as your kids and grandkids cannot make dinner reservations until 60 days before sailing. Keep trying .you did not mention if your cruise is soon, but perhaps you have a lot of time?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Is this a new policy?

Call back and see if you get a different rep/answer......?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, no1superfan said:

Is this a new policy?

@no1superfan Because you have reserve class you will not be able to make reservations for the main dining room.  They block them out.  If you want to join your family in the MDR you will to have them make the reservation for all of you.  Have them follow the steps below.

To add a guest, Once you’ve selected a dining room scroll down until you see guests.  You and your cabin mate should be listed with your profile pics.  Next to that is a pencil 🖊️ icon.  Select the pencil and on the next screen you will see a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that and there you will be able to add the booking number for those you want to join you for dinner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, no1superfan said:

Is this a new policy?

I’m a first time cruiser on Princess, paid in full, and I just booked all of my dining reservations for January 2025. That’s not correct information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Call back and see if you get a different rep/answer......?

I’ve talked to two call center reps and a cruise planner and have gotten completely different answers to my booking dining question.  I mean the answers were useless because they differed so much.  At this point I plan to wait into the January cruise gets closer.  I’m wondering how thorough service staff training is.  I’m sure we won’t go hungry, but we prefer to eat before 6:30pm.  Someone stated, you could just show up at your desired time, is that true.  We’re waitlisted for Reserve, and if offered, we’ll certainly take it to avoid this corporate induced debacle.

Edited by Bobsgonecoastal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, no1superfan said:

Is this a new policy?

they are talking rubbish. First cruise with Princess this November, im not paid in full either and have all my MDRs booked

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

There is a very helpfull thread created by @arizonaperson that shows passenger reported restaurant usage by ship & here is that info for Sky.

Sky-2024 & 2025

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes 

I have multiple different times showing for Soleil on Sky in November. Ive booked some of them too. Its still showing 20 minute slots every night of my cruise

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

I’ve talked to two call center reps and a cruise planner and have gotten completely different answers to my booking dining question.  I mean the answers were useless because they differed so much.  At this point I plan to wait into the January cruise gets closer.  I’m wondering how thorough service staff training is.  I’m sure we won’t go hungry, but we prefer to eat before 6:30pm.  Someone stated, you could just show up at your desired time, is that true.  We’re waitlisted for Reserve, and if offered, we’ll certainly take it to avoid this corporate induced debacle.

Yes. One dining room is supposed to be set up for walk-ins only (no reservations).

Even today (pre this new dining stuff), you don't HAVE to make a reservation. It  just means that you might have to wait to get seated if it happens to be crowded at the time you go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yes. One dining room is supposed to be set up for walk-ins only (no reservations).

Even today (pre this new dining stuff), you don't HAVE to make a reservation. It  just means that you might have to wait to get seated if it happens to be crowded at the time you go.

Thank you, really appreciate  that information 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

And the walk in situation will not change 

9 hours ago, Dee_Jay said:

I don't KNOW anything, but my guess is that once you've reserved Traditional, you're locked in to eating at the same restaurant and time every night.  The only way to make a different reservation is to cancel the Traditional.

This would eliminate the problem they had in the past where people would reserve Traditional, then decide on some nights to eat in the Anytime dining, thus taking up 2 tables.

I'm happy to get a message telling me if I pick a second option it will overwrite the first but I am not getting anything, just no options available. Does this mean there is no Reservable on Crown or there is a glitch in the system?

Edited by lorri111