Cruise payment

lbfluffy

We paid off our cruise for our upcoming cruise on the Majestic in December. We paid on July 28th. Today my husband looked at our credit card statement and saw a $5100 charge from Princess. After holding on the line with our TA, my husband was able to find out what the $5100 charge was. Apparently our TA used our credit card to pay off someone else’s cruise. It was an error and I’m waiting for the credit. I’m a pretty nice lady, I’ll pay for others meals, but no not a cruise, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

We paid off our cruise for our upcoming cruise on the Majestic in December. We paid on July 28th. Today my husband looked at our credit card statement and saw a $5100 charge from Princess. After holding on the line with our TA, my husband was able to find out what the $5100 charge was. Apparently our TA used our credit card to pay off someone else’s cruise. It was an error and I’m waiting for the credit. I’m a pretty nice lady, I’ll pay for others meals, but no not a cruise, 

And the TA is going to fix this debacle???

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

OMG! 😲Assuming you still have time to pay yours off on time. I hope your TA takes care of this quickly and efficiently. Fingers crossed!!

We already paid it off. I received an email from my TA. She said it may be 3 to 5 days. But my billing cycle on my credit card is in 3 days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You need to call your credit card company and start a (senior moment...forgot correct term)....when you dispute a charge.  You will not have to pay that charge until the dispute is settled.  

Yes I will if I do not here back by tomorrow. And I was wrong on the amount. It was $5972. Sounds like a nice cruise they booked. 

12 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Yes I will if I do not here back by tomorrow. And I was wrong on the amount. It was $5972. Sounds like a nice cruise they booked. 

I would not wait especially to miss the billing period.  Yes it was a mistake but one that never should have been made.  Put in a dispute - with most CCs you can do it online.  

I also would not use this TA again, if that is the "security" they have on your information, who knows what else is out there. 

Edited by Dar & Bob
  • Like 1

Well my husband’s blood pressure is up. A rep from my TA called  and said she called Princess and they saw no record of the charges or any notes from when my husband spoke to them, I had my husband handle this. It is on our statement from last month. He called Princess and sure enough they see it. My husband asked for the booking number, Princess said  they could not give that to him. He asked why since he paid for it. They gave him the booking number and he called our TA. They found it and are looking into it. He’s very disappointed and he told me we will not use them again.  What a MESS!! He’s having to do all the legwork for their mistake. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi not sure how long it has been posted to your credit card account 

You only have a limited time to file a dispute. I would call the credit card company and get a dispute going right away. You donot want to be paying for someoneleses cruise.

Hope this mess gets cleared up quickly. It is no fun being stressed. 

This doesn't encourage me to use a TA by any means!!  I like to have some control over my booking.  The timing with this payment and billing cycle is very unfortunate.  I would be very upset as well, who wants to pay an extra $6K when it's not even their charges.  Hope that they get this straightened out for you and your husband and it all works out for the best!

With the booking number Princess should be able to cancel the booking and credit the card that was used for payment…seems like it should have been handled by Princess on the phone call your husband made when the booking number was determined..not later but on the spot

• Like 1

Yes it will be refunded. It will take 7 to 10 days. My TA said they saw the error and contacted Princess. They said any interest charged to my credit card will be reimbursed. I’m calling my credit card company to let them know I will be getting a refund. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Yes it will be refunded. It will take 7 to 10 days. My TA said they saw the error and contacted Princess. They said any interest charged to my credit card will be reimbursed. I’m calling my credit card company to let them know I will be getting a refund. 

As a precaution for anyone who uses credit cards for payments.  I signed up for notices on all of my VISA and MC credit cards when they are used.  I get a text each time my CC is used.  It's a bit of a pain but I have caught one fraud event immediately.   Catching this immediately may have helped.  It's just a suggestion. 🙂

• Like 5

And, once this mess is cleaned up, I would hope the OP will move the booking from the TA to Princess ... no reason for them to make even a dime's worth of commission.

Even tho final payment is already made, Princess will be happy to take on this booking, given the circumstance.

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

And, once this mess is cleaned up, I would hope the OP will move the booking from the TA to Princess ... no reason for them to make even a dime's worth of commission.

Even tho final payment is already made, Princess will be happy to take on this booking, given the circumstance.

Both my cruises are paid off. We will be looking for a new agent. I used to have the best agent from another agency, but she retired. 

• Like 2

@lbfluffyI am not one for chasing or asking for retribution.  This is definitely a time to let your travel agent know that this "slight" mistake was not acceptable.  Since both cruises are paid in full, your travel agent should at least "offer" dinner for two in a specialty restaurant or maybe OBC, or, at the very least, flowers for the cabin.  

The amount of anguish and time spent rectifying their problem (you having to contact Princess directly) is truly unacceptable.

Enjoy your cruises and glad you are finding a different agent.  

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@lbfluffyI am not one for chasing or asking for retribution.  This is definitely a time to let your travel agent know that this "slight" mistake was not acceptable.  Since both cruises are paid in full, your travel agent should at least "offer" dinner for two in a specialty restaurant or maybe OBC, or, at the very least, flowers for the cabin.  

The amount of anguish and time spent rectifying their problem (you having to contact Princess directly) is truly unacceptable.

Enjoy your cruises and glad you are finding a different agent.  

I am not sure if they will do anything, but my husband did say we should be compensated some way. They will let us know. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

I am not sure if they will do anything, but my husband did say we should be compensated some way. They will let us know. 

You can only ask.  This was not a misstep.  This is negligence.  I'm glad your husband did not cancel the other fully paid guest.  That would have been so devastating for them.  Yet...I am wondering why they did not "complain" that someone else paid off their cruise.  Really glad you got this straightened out in a timely manner.  You have a great husband.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Your TA should be giving you something 

I am still trying to resolve a cancellation error Princess made 2 weeks ago   They have created one mess after another. 
Future bookings will be made through a Travel Agency. 

• Like 1