LIVE FROM Summit - August 21, 2021

Host Anne

Some great suggestions here on the shower curtain!  I'll have to add some safety pins to my "cruise bag" that has all the things we only take on a cruise.

Thanks, too, for all the kinds comments.

13 hours ago, gbphipps said:

Thank you Anne!  I think we will bring the magnets just in case.  My mil once slipped in a tub on a trip to Germany, broke her knee and ended her trip the very first night.  We are very hesitant about slipping in the bath.  We will figure something out.  We have a cruise booked on the Summit in a Sky suite after the Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium (also in a Sky suite) in October.  I expect the same issue is on the Millennium.

Bring a few binder clips, fold up the extra length, clip.  Problem solved!

• Like 3

Host Anne is was nice to read your review.  We are fingers crossed hoping to go on Silhouette in November. 

I noticed you said you did a catamaran trip to the Pitons in St. Lucia.  No excursions have been opened up on our cruise planner at all for St. Lucia, and I assumed they are still working on contracts, etc.  Was your catamaran trip a Celebrity excursion or something you booked privately?  If the latter - who did you book with?

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for your report, Anne.

I don't think it should be up to the passengers to fix the shower curtain issue.  It has a simple fix:  Celebrity orders shower curtains of the right length.  Period.  End of story.

To be honest, I don't remember our curtain being a problem.  I wonder if I just didn't notice it our theirs was the wrong curtain?  If the latter, maybe the steward could have had it replaced?

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for your report, Anne.

I don't think it should be up to the passengers to fix the shower curtain issue.  It has a simple fix:  Celebrity orders shower curtains of the right length.  Period.  End of story.

I definitely agree with you but I wouldn't expect this would happen anytime soon (although I am certain the tailor on board could fix these).  I may have to suggest that since Summit has more than two weeks before they sail again!

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Host Anne is was nice to read your review.  We are fingers crossed hoping to go on Silhouette in November. 

I noticed you said you did a catamaran trip to the Pitons in St. Lucia.  No excursions have been opened up on our cruise planner at all for St. Lucia, and I assumed they are still working on contracts, etc.  Was your catamaran trip a Celebrity excursion or something you booked privately?  If the latter - who did you book with?

Thanks.

The catamaran trip was booked onboard through Celebrity.  They didn't add St. Lucia to our itinerary until two days before we left for St. Maarten.  Knowing that there were so many changes and restrictions happening (you had to do a Celebrity tour in St. Lucia and Barbados on this cruise) we weren't booking anything on our own for this trip.  It was a three hour sail from the ship dock along the coast to the Pitons.  Very relaxing.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

To be honest, I don't remember our curtain being a problem.  I wonder if I just didn't notice it our theirs was the wrong curtain?  If the latter, maybe the steward could have had it replaced?

I kind out doubt that it was a wrong curtain but I have to be honest and say I didn't think about asking Allaine or Nelson about replacing it.  I really should have thought of that.....I think I was just too happy to be on a ship!

• Like 1

Entertainers

Funky stage lighting makes for some funky photos

Ashlie Amber sings Whitney Houston

IMG_4640.thumb.JPG.653d79dcc2a7eea670710273ffe9251a.JPG

Thiago and his acoustic guitar!

IMG_4716.thumb.JPG.36fd21464f261ef9bbb0ed09fb453f13.JPG

Alx warming up on his steel drum for the pool party

IMG_4772.thumb.JPG.5a2c98ba9cd3c8813e5066bee40ba634.JPG

The colors of Alx's steel drum

IMG_4742.thumb.JPG.eec6e56d36facffbdc4342e6b136ddcc.JPG

Ashlie Amber performs with Sue and Friends

IMG_4931.thumb.JPG.329ccc9edfb2a7d603b6fee3add00c6c.JPG

Sue sings!!!!

IMG_4953.thumb.JPG.acdd1448f6f087e72801fecde247dd97.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

Can’t believe we are discussing how to fix an issue that should not exist. My suggestion is a pair of scissors that cut the curtain to the proper length. Why spend any time pinning, sewing or adding towels. You might even be able to use the excess shower curtain for some other purpose. 

51 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Can’t believe we are discussing how to fix an issue that should not exist. My suggestion is a pair of scissors that cut the curtain to the proper length. Why spend any time pinning, sewing or adding towels. You might even be able to use the excess shower curtain for some other purpose. 

I think if anyone is going to do "cutting" it should be a Celebrity staff member, not a passenger.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I think if anyone is going to do "cutting" it should be a Celebrity staff member, not a passenger.  

I just booked us back into the same room we had in November.  If I remember, I'll report back on the shower curtain.

And Anne, a question for you.  On the Equinox live from, they're talking about the Boulud entries on the Lumanae menu.  I don't recall seeing them at the bottom.  Do you?

52 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I just booked us back into the same room we had in November.  If I remember, I'll report back on the shower curtain.

And Anne, a question for you.  On the Equinox live from, they're talking about the Boulud entries on the Lumanae menu.  I don't recall seeing them at the bottom.  Do you?

Nope....no Boulud entrees for us on the Luminae menus.  They did offer the Chef's table and I believe the menu was his but we didn't attend.

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

You are absolutely correct Anne. I said this with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I’ve never encountered this situation and have a hard time understanding why X hasn’t done something about this issue. 

18 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

You are absolutely correct Anne. I said this with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I’ve never encountered this situation and have a hard time understanding why X hasn’t done something about this issue. 

You made me laugh.  We haven't been in a Sky Suite on the M or S class ships before.  I know they've mostly been revolutionized so I don't know if the bathrooms changed but perhaps many may just put the curtain outside the tub and let water get on the floor or be very careful to avoid water getting on the floor???  Remember these ships didn't sail for well over a year so maybe it just hasn't been mentioned before.  The older I get, the more I notice these things!

Thank you so much for this post. My husband and I booked the 4 night 9/30 cruise in a balcony room for our 26th anniversary. My son just called to let me know he upgraded us to the SS. We are beyond excited. We have never been in a suite before! 

• Like 4

This is a great review Anne.  Oh my, those desserts!  I always say when I board, I'm not going to have any desserts on this cruise!  It lasts for the first meal!  What were the white cylindrical rolls in the dessert with the two scoops of ice cream and strawberries?  Meringues?

19 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Thank you so much for this post. My husband and I booked the 4 night 9/30 cruise in a balcony room for our 26th anniversary. My son just called to let me know he upgraded us to the SS. We are beyond excited. We have never been in a suite before! 

OH MY GOODNESS.....that is wonderful.  What an awesome son you have.  Please send our best to Connie and Silvia in the Retreat Lounge.  Would love to be there with you ... if only work didn't interfere.  Have a wonderful time and HAPPY 26th.  Many more!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

OH MY GOODNESS.....that is wonderful.  What an awesome son you have.  Please send our best to Connie and Silvia in the Retreat Lounge.  Would love to be there with you ... if only work didn't interfere.  Have a wonderful time and HAPPY 26th.  Many more!!!

Thank you so much! I will definitely say hello for you! 

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

This is a great review Anne.  Oh my, those desserts!  I always say when I board, I'm not going to have any desserts on this cruise!  It lasts for the first meal!  What were the white cylindrical rolls in the dessert with the two scoops of ice cream and strawberries?  Meringues?

Yep....those cylindrical rolls were indeed meringue sticks for lack of a better term!  🙂  Hope all is well in Vancouver!!!