Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

As I said, bao (and all dim sum) is popular in DC (DC does have a Chinatown and certainly has a large Chinese population).  My next door neighbors are Han and owners of a Salesforce consulting firm.  DC has a lot of Dim Sum places, some more traditional than others, some that include the sandwich-style "bready" bao, some that are more dumpling-centric.  I much prefer the latter.  Peking Duck is also served with bao at some of the Hong Kong and fusion Chinese restaurants, but all the traditional Chinese restaurants use the Mandarin crepes, similar to what I experienced in Shanghai and Beijing:

I'm first generation Chinese American born in New York City who learned how to use chopsticks before a fork.(My screen name is a play on part of my Middle name, KWOK means Country in Cantonese) My only purpose in bringing up the subject is your description of the bao seemed strange and implied that it was inauthentic. Even your follow-up implied that. The ingredients to make it are all the same, it's just used differently. That Chinese steamed buns have become a trendy food item much like ramen/noodles and rice bowls have doesn't make the origins of the trend inauthentic.

• Like 8

I came in right at showtime. 4 people were already in line for the next show. It’s weird. Im on a couch that probably holds 25 people and there are only 4 of us.  This is how people think it’s more crowded than it is sometimes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t think she’s been watching it that long.

Y'all are children. I'm going back to 1967 for my memories 😉 Notice the lead doctor on the left is holding a cigarette 🙂 

gh.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I found my old alchemy friend from three years ago. I tried to fool her with the mask on. I figure it’s been three years and I grew my hair out but it didn’t work. She blew this air horn that’s right by me and banged that big gong.

Do we get to see the hair?!

The guy next to me. I can see out of my peripheral vision. When he laughs he snorts. And every time he laughs he looks at me. I’m not laughing by the way even if it’s funny because I know this guy is looking to see if I’m laughing. And he’s picking his nose. This is the kind of guy that’s going to be pushing that buffet door button before me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

The guy next to me. I can see out of my peripheral vision. When he laughs he snorts. And every time he laughs he looks at me. I’m not laughing by the way even if it’s funny because I know this guy is looking to see if I’m laughing. And he’s picking his nose. This is the kind of guy that’s going to be pushing that buffet door button before me.

LOL and ***** all in one! Tell him Kmom says Hi. That should shut him up.