LIVE Geoherb's Solo Cruise on Majestic Princess, August 22, 2021

geoherb

3 minutes ago, bkp said:

Regarding the small bottles of gin, vodka, scotch, etc. On the Princess website if you click on the manage booking option for your upcoming cruise, then go to the Onboard Services section then to Princess Cellars, there is a Spirits section after all the wine listings.  Looks like that is where you pre-order these.   

Yes, that’s where it always was.  But, the last thing I show is The Prisoner red wine.  Some show the spirits, but not me.

When are you sailing?  Maybe it’s closer to departure?  Are you in the US?  

Also, I don’t see where to preorder Medallion Net/Wifi either?  Looks like we have to preorder wifi in order to get our

discount onboard for Platinum/Elite.

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

Can you still access the “old-fashioned” Internet minutes that were free for Elite and/or Platinum or must you purchase the MedallionNet package?

There are no more free minutes.

Call Princess to pre-order wifi at a discounted price.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

@geoherbThanks for posting the room service menus. Do you know if you can get the key lime pie in the buffet? Or is it only available from room service?

@KLM3164I tried to order the key lime pie twice from room service and it never came! That's the only place I saw it on the menu after scouring the ship.  I ordered it twice with other food and our order took like hour and a half but I never got the key lime pie! 😟

Edited by Esjung1

54 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

@KLM3164I tried to order the key lime pie twice from room service and it never came! That's the only place I saw it on the menu after scouring the ship.  I ordered it twice with other food and our order took like hour and a half but I never got the key lime pie! 😟

You may have easily missed it. It’s very small and served in a ramekin. 

Oh so I’ve heard. 😙

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Formal night was tonight. We had a table facing the entrance, so I kept a running tally of how men were dressed while waiting on our courses.  30% wore suits, 30% wore sports coats or ties with no coat or coats with no tie, and the majority, 40%, just wore nice shirts and slacks. There were a few outliers. One guy wore a tux, and two showed up in gym shorts and tee shirts.  Several blue jeans and polos. No one was turned away.

IMG_0892.jpg

Edited by FredZiffle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, that’s where it always was.  But, the last thing I show is The Prisoner red wine.  Some show the spirits, but not me.

Also, I don’t see where to preorder Medallion Net/Wifi either?  Looks like we have to preorder wifi in order to get our

discount onboard for Platinum/Elite.

I am able to order spirits through the cruise personalizer for our cruise next week and another one in November. 

We have Princess Plus so I can’t answer your question about purchasing the Wi-Fi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Could anyone check the room service menu when your OB to see if you can still order a small bottle of vodka or Jack

Daniels about 375ml?  I usually preorder it, but not shown online and the agents

have no idea.  I really appreciate it.

You can still pre-order. You will find it in the Personalizer go to  “onboard services” then select “Princess Cellars”... the spirits section is towards the bottom of the listings.8523B00C-45FE-4BE4-B8B3-1A295B46F3AA.thumb.jpeg.1d633145e745a446f084bf581ad7e6ce.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Can you still access the “old-fashioned” Internet minutes that were free for Elite and/or Platinum or must you purchase the MedallionNet package?

The free minutes are gone. Now it's 50% off your internet purchase. I prepaid mine at $9.99 a day and received the 50% off back as OBC. The guy at my table, purchased it at $14.99 a day on the ship--but complained and received it for $9.99 a day less the 50% discount for Platinum and Elite passengers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I checked my Personalizer again and cruises I have that sail in 2021 have the option to pre-order spirits.  The cruises I have booked that sail in 2022 no longer show the selection of spirits.  Unclear why... maybe and error or maybe Princess is changing their offerings or unfortunately maybe eliminating them.  If you’re sailing in 2022 maybe check back closer to sailing to see if they are back in the onboard services section. 

( I tried to update my previous positing on this and kept getting error messages) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can anyone tell me how they are running the trivia on board. Mainly I would like to know if they are allowing six people on a team.

Thank you.

Yes. We had a team of five this afternoon. Fabulous ship's prizes again--the string bag. I'm glad I found smart people to join.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

Formal night was tonight. We had a table facing the entrance, so I kept a running tally of how men were dressed while waiting on our courses.  30% wore suits, 30% wore sports coats or ties with no coat or coats with no tie, and the majority, 40%, just wore nice shirts and slacks. There were a few outliers. One guy wore a tux, and two showed up in gym shorts and tee shirts.  Several blue jeans and polos. No one was turned away.

IMG_0892.jpg

I was wondering if they were turning people away. I saw a couple of guys wearing jeans in the Symphony Dining Room. One of the guys who showed up at the 5:30 meeting asked if he could join me. When I went back after the show, he was preoccupied talking to some other folks. I noticed he had not changed, so I went without him. I guess maybe they would have let him in wearing jeans and a hoodie. 

• Like 1

The elusive Perriers showed up. I called room service to have them change out my liquor for beer and soft drinks for sparkling water. The person on the phone told me to tell my cabin steward. I decided to use the "CrewCall Chat" feature on the app instead. I put in my request before dinner and had the drinks switched before I returned.

Tonight's show was good although there was a technical difficulty that stopped it for about 5 minutes. The guest soprano had stage presence. Unfortunately, she missed some of the notes in the Queen of the Night's aria. I wasn't expecting Diana Damrau. The featured singers are very good. I especially enjoyed the Flower Duet and Bridge over Troubled Water.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can anyone tell me how they are running the trivia on board. Mainly I would like to know if they are allowing six people on a team.

Thank you.

As I recall the host said you could have up to 6 on a team 

• Like 1

@geoherb I was wondering if they had the pop-up specialty restaurants Planks or Steamers (Used to be called Crab Shack) on the Alaska Sailings on Majestic Princess.  They normally block off a section of the Buffet area for these two restaurants.    We are sailing on Sep 12 and I have not heard any mention of this to date.

Thank you for all of you for taking the time to let us know about your cruising experience.  It is much appreciated.

2 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

IMG_0892.jpg

Never expected this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LATGVT12 said:

@geoherb I was wondering if they had the pop-up specialty restaurants Planks or Steamers (Used to be called Crab Shack) on the Alaska Sailings on Majestic Princess.  They normally block off a section of the Buffet area for these two restaurants.    We are sailing on Sep 12 and I have not heard any mention of this to date.

Thank you for all of you for taking the time to let us know about your cruising experience.  It is much appreciated.

I haven't seen any mention of these. There are the three regular dining rooms, Alfredo's, International Cafe, Bistro Sur la Mer, Crown Grill, Chopsticks Noodle Bar (in place of poolside pizza), Burger & Lobster Grill, Swirls Ice Cream Bar, and World Fresh Marketplace (the buffet).

Dinner once again took about 40 minutes. I was at a table for two by myself but between two couples. They were already on their desserts, so I got to ask them what they recommended for the other courses. I ended up getting an appetizer portion of the shrimp with a coconut milk sauce, bok choy, and rice followed by the filet mignon. Both were very nice, although the shrimp were over seasoned and the steak was under seasoned. I finished with the Norman Love hazelnut Chocolate Journey. It was as good as I remember.

I was heading to the comedian's show in the Vista Lounge when I noticed my trivia teammates in Princess Live. I decided to join them. It was billed as the "mind duel" trivia--super hard trivia where the obvious answer was not right. The teams were supposed to get 1 point for every right answer and minus one point for every wrong one. We ended up with 8 right for -4. The winners had 10 right for a zero. 

I stopped in the Crown Grill Bar to talk with a couple of friends for a few minutes and noticed that I could catch Carlos Oscar's last show at 10:15. My body is getting used to the time change. We'll gain an hour tonight and don't arrive in Juneau until 1 p.m. Lunch will be serve in the dining room from 11 until 1. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

@Esjung1Thanks for the key lime pie update! Sounds like it may be unavailable on the current sailing. I’ll try to order it next week.

Give it a try, hope you have better luck, could just be a popular item and I ordered it at night so maybe they were all gone. 

Edited by Esjung1