Heads up...2 cabins for the price of 1!!!

There are lots of sailings out there right now with no single supplements. I was just able to book us in 2 connecting balcony cabins as singles for the same cost as booking us together in one cabin of the same category. 2 connecting cabins are always better than 1...double the space...2 bathrooms...2 closets and a double balcony...and if anyone snores 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bajathree said:

There are lots of sailings out there right now with no single supplements. I was just able to book us in 2 connecting balcony cabins as singles for the same cost as booking us together in one cabin of the same category. 2 connecting cabins are always better than 1...double the space...2 bathrooms...2 closets and a double balcony...and if anyone snores 🙂

And Double (quadruple) pts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Yes, at times hard to find but they are out there! With 340+ SOLO and Military Discounts actually Booked few Cruises for less then Single/100%. This been ongoing since May2020 but unfortunately many canceled Cruises. Still been getting multiple SOLO Superior Aft Balcony Cabin's for $100 a nite, with Reg Balcony Cabin's even less. Just got search and watch for price drops

• Like 2

Thought of doing this also but what if your spouse test positive 3 days before or positive once at pier would both of us be able to get refund or FCC. This would be 4 separate reservations. This is for a 11/28 & 12/5/21 cruise on Anthem. 

Sounds like a very good deal. However, if you don't have friends or relatives who can cruise with you, I would try advertizing it here on in some other social networks. The deal is very tricky, I hope you will get a compensation or something similar 

6 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

And Double (quadruple) pts!

I am pretty sure that it is not going to be quadruple points, only double points due to the C&A promotion going on until the end of 2022. This singles promotion (100% instead of the typical 200%) is a specific and different rate code from the typical double occupancy rate code you have when you get the extra cruise point for singles.  So since this is a promotional rate code they may only give the one cruise point and then double it with the C&A double points offer.  I am hoping they will (give quadruple points for it) because I have 6 single occupancy cruises booked in the next 6 months. Two are booked with the double occupancy rate code and 4 are with the promotional singles rate code.

Edited by TheBucketLister

18 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

I am pretty sure that it is not going to be quadruple points, only double points due to the C&A promotion going on until the end of 2022. This singles promotion (100% instead of the typical 200%) is a specific and different rate code from the typical double occupancy rate code you have when you get the extra cruise point for singles.  So since this is a promotional rate code they may only give the one cruise point and then double it with the C&A double points offer.  I am hoping they will (give quadruple points for it) because I have 6 single occupancy cruises booked in the next 6 months. Two are booked with the double occupancy rate code and 4 are with the promotional singles rate code.

I knew you did not get solo double pts on a solo studio, but did not realize you did not get them if you were in a regular cabin with a discounted solo supplement

45 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I knew you did not get solo double pts on a solo studio, but did not realize you did not get them if you were in a regular cabin with a discounted solo supplement

I have gotten double points with a discounted solo supplement in a regular cabin

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have gotten double points with a discounted solo supplement in a regular cabin

Just curious, recently with this specific rate code, SINGLES NRD?  This is the specific promotional rate code for this promotion (100% supplement).  I have two other single booked rates (which were discounted and not the full 200% supplement, but they use a non single promotional rate code, it was a double occupancy promotional rate code.

I am not implying you are lying, just curious as to this specific rate code.  I am really hoping to get quadruple points 🤞, however only expecting double points.

Even the OBC during the WOW sale was cut in half for this promotional rate code (SINGLES NRD), however you got the full OBC if you booked with the promotional double occupancy rate code for a single person.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think john and lala did this and saved $300 he typed on wow sale thread. 

Only way they would have "saved" money is booking a single balcony and single interior. I could have done that also but wanted the added benefit of connected balconies that I actually will utilize instead of a cabin I'm not going to touch.

Edited by bajathree
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Thought of doing this also but what if your spouse test positive 3 days before or positive once at pier would both of us be able to get refund or FCC. This would be 4 separate reservations. This is for a 11/28 & 12/5/21 cruise on Anthem. 

You have cruise with confidence and insurance to cover you as long as it's a family member.

26 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Only way they would have "saved" money is booking a single balcony and single interior. I could have done that also but wanted the added benefit of connected balconies that I actually will utilize instead of a cabin I'm not going to touch.

Not looking to save $$$ but for more room, extra closets, double balcony & an extra bathroom. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Only way they would have "saved" money is booking a single balcony and single interior. I could have done that also but wanted the added benefit of connected balconies that I actually will utilize instead of a cabin I'm not going to argue

I said rebooked .. you said booked. 

They were already booked and prices not only dropped but solo supplements went away. If he said when he repriced and rebooked he saved $300 I dont doubt him. I just said it's possible and might be fun to have 2 cabins for no extra supplement.

Who knows what he changed to. I didnt say nor did he. He could have moved from a balcony to 2 insides for all we know. I'm just saying he posted in the wow prices thread. Does it matter?

@John&LaLa

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Edited 37 minutes ago by bajathree

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They were already booked and prices not only dropped but solo supplements went away. If he said when he repriced and rebooked he saved $300 I dont doubt him. I just said it's possible and might be fun to have 2 cabins for no extra supplement.

Who knows what he changed to. I didnt say nor did he. He could have moved from a balcony to 2 insides for all we know. I'm just saying he posted in the wow prices thread. Does it matter?

@John&LaLa

She is correct.  you don't know the price he booked at.  I could get 2 balcony cabins on our October Allure sailing for basically the same price that I am paying for 1 cabin.  You get the balcony discount twice and if you are booked thru a TA's group you get the FULL balcony discount not the diluted Royal version after factoring in their other discounts.

Edited by molly361

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

@John&LaLa

Someone need their morning coffee...

2 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

Just curious, recently with this specific rate code, SINGLES NRD?  This is the specific promotional rate code for this promotion (100% supplement).  I have two other single booked rates (which were discounted and not the full 200% supplement, but they use a non single promotional rate code, it was a double occupancy promotional rate code.

I am not implying you are lying, just curious as to this specific rate code.  I am really hoping to get quadruple points 🤞, however only expecting double points.

Even the OBC during the WOW sale was cut in half for this promotional rate code (SINGLES NRD), however you got the full OBC if you booked with the promotional double occupancy rate code for a single person.

I am pretty sure anytime you bool a Solo cabin with a non refundable rate, that code will show.  We are travelling in May on Ovation and my sister is in a solo guarantee.  Her reservation was not originally a guarantee and was refundable. Her reservation has shown Single NRD since she change to a NRD in May 2020.

4 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am pretty sure anytime you bool a Solo cabin with a non refundable rate, that code will show.  We are travelling in May on Ovation and my sister is in a solo guarantee.  Her reservation was not originally a guarantee and was refundable. Her reservation has shown Single NRD since she change to a NRD in May 2020.

Was she able to book a solo guarantee? I've been trying to do this and being told rcl doesnt allow this.

I'd love a solo gty. 

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Was she able to book a solo guarantee? I've been trying to do this and being told rcl doesnt allow this.

I'd love a solo gty. 

yes I made the change for her.  It is for a normal size cabin though - assuming the agent is right - she would not be assigned a studio and would get the quadruple pts.  Guarantees are not always available.

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Nope, big price drop as well.

We had one CP balcony and changed it to two CP balconies and saved $300 over the original price

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

Awesome...congrats!

Here's the icing on the cake. 

We were in two adjoining CP balconies for the fall TA, and had to move to a different one for the cruise after the TA. When we saw the WOW sale I noticed I could actually keep Laura in her TA cabin and I move from her left side to her right side. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bajathree said:

How can you tell which ones have no single supplement?  I love this idea but have never searched for a single. Thanks!

1 minute ago, read2learn said:

How can you tell which ones have no single supplement?  I love this idea but have never searched for a single. Thanks!

You just have to kind of go through sailings and look booking as a single. 

• Thanks 1