CDC 8/23/2021 Adds Bahamas to LEVEL 4 Travel Risk

Sure wish they would have properly ranked/rated all 700 of them based on perceived threat....would have been a much better use of the fear factor.  When it came time for 'end-of-the-year reviews', it would have led to significant salary increases for all involved.

Edited by bucfan2

5 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

For those that don't know, the USA is also a level 4.  So all you would do is go from one danger spot to the next......LOL

Awesome....so it'd just be 'lateral travel' lol.  Guess it's decided then....try to keep travel destinations to only those at level 4 and below and we're good!

Edited by bucfan2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It means nothing.

Anymore, everywhere is a travel risk.  Wonder what will happen when this thing reaches the endemic stage and we just have to learn to live with it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It means nothing.

Exactly! When people were going hog wild a few days ago over a CDC recommendation that unhealthy people not cruise right now due to Delta variant risk the reaction in the forum made no sense to me....

30 minutes ago, exm said:

I wonder why. Just stayed for a week in Nassau and they take Corona super serious. Has there been a huge outbreak or something I am unaware of?

Barely anyone is vaccinated on the island. Only 14.2%

Edited by Moltar

2 hours ago, mek said:

Wonder what will happen when this thing reaches the endemic stage and we just have to learn to live with it?

Yep.

Pfizer CEO Says COVID-19 Vaccine-Resistant Variant To Probably Emerge

https://worldnewzinfo.com/health/pfizer-ceo-says-covid-19-vaccine-resistant-variant-to-probably-emerge/

9 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yep.

Pfizer CEO Says COVID-19 Vaccine-Resistant Variant To Probably Emerge

https://worldnewzinfo.com/health/pfizer-ceo-says-covid-19-vaccine-resistant-variant-to-probably-emerge/

Translation, "Company that sells a vaccine wants to make sure future vaccines continue to sell"

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

My opinion is the safest place to be right now is on a floating island (aka cruise ship).  That's why we're planning to spend much of the next 9 months floating on the ocean.

This is where I'm thinking. Looking at flamin'-hot red maps of the country's current state, it's probably a good idea to spend some time away from the random assortment of people here and instead be among 100% vaccinated adults.

Remember that the Bahamas is not just Nassau and New Providence Island.  There are many populated islands with little or no medical facilities that are accessible only by boat or seaplane.   I have been unable to find any breakdown by island.   I won't be wandering in a crowd without a mask in Nassau - hopefully won't even BE in a crowd.  Neither would I walking around in a crowd in Miami without one.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bethco said:

Remember that the Bahamas is not just Nassau and New Providence Island.  There are many populated islands with little or no medical facilities that are accessible only by boat or seaplane.   I have been unable to find any breakdown by island.   I won't be wandering in a crowd without a mask in Nassau - hopefully won't even BE in a crowd.  Neither would I walking around in a crowd in Miami without one.

It’s not crowded at all in Nassau, and masks are required everywhere indoor. You can’t get into a restaurant without proof of vaccination or you need to do a rapid test on the spot.

• Like 2