Regent cruiser off to the Galapagos on Silversea Origin—first cruise since the shutdown

RachelG

I haven’t posted much in the past year and a half,  partly because we haven’t been able to cruise, but also because i have just been so incredibly busy at work.  So many doctors have either quit or retired that i have been working nearly every day, so i it time for a break.

Since Regent doesn’t go to the Galapagos, George and I had booked a cruise on the brand new Silversea Origin.  We leave today.  My blog will be over on the Silversea board.   Can’t wait to get onboard a ship again.

• Like 4

Thanks a lot Rachel....We've all been suffering from CWS ("Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome") for so long that you may be the very "Doc" we need to help us all on our way back to cruise rehabilitation and normalcy!  Have a great trip!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RachelG said:

I haven’t posted much in the past year and a half,  partly because we haven’t been able to cruise, but also because i have just been so incredibly busy at work.  So many doctors have either quit or retired that i have been working nearly every day, so i it time for a break.

Since Regent doesn’t go to the Galapagos, George and I had booked a cruise on the brand new Silversea Origin.  We leave today.  My blog will be over on the Silversea board.   Can’t wait to get onboard a ship again.

We are booked on the Silversea Origin too (Galapagos). We were supposed to go last December which was of course cancelled. We are scheduled to go this December. Will be anxious to read your blog. Have a wonderful time! 

We were booked on the 9/23/21 Silver Origin departure until this week, but work at Quito Airport would have caused us to miss that city all together and we've been told masks are now mandatory by edict of Ecuadorian government, even outdoors and on the zodiacs.  I'm not anti mask or anti vax (hope everyone has both!) but the degradation of that particular departure along with possible worsening situation in Ecuador caused us to postpone until next year.  Now were on the Splendor departing 9/22/21! (hopefully)