“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

On 9/4/2021 at 7:24 AM, niksmom630 said:

I haven’t booked anything yet for our Nov sailing. Going to see what crowds are like first.  

@niksmom630 How were the crowds at Coco Cay?  I'm trying to figure out the best option for me and my Dad.  I have to keep out of the sun with my medication and my Dad likes to people watch.  I thought maybe a Chill Island Cabana would work, just didn't realize they were set so far over.  And, the Oasis Lagoon ones seem to be behind a hedge.  Maybe it would just be better to find loungers with an umbrella.  But, liked the convenience of the coffee table lockers.

Thanks again for your excellent review!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jk04 said:

@niksmom630 How were the crowds at Coco Cay?  I'm trying to figure out the best option for me and my Dad.  I have to keep out of the sun with my medication and my Dad likes to people watch.  I thought maybe a Chill Island Cabana would work, just didn't realize they were set so far over.  And, the Oasis Lagoon ones seem to be behind a hedge.  Maybe it would just be better to find loungers with an umbrella.  But, liked the convenience of the coffee table lockers.

Thanks again for your excellent review!!

There were plenty of spots (Loungers with umbrellas) around the pool in the shade. And you are right about the oasis lagoon ones. They are behind a hedge. there are a few areas on the map with lockers. 

895EAD03-C917-44FB-8356-BEE68DBB9BC7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Chris

I just found this as I don't go on CC very often. Thank you so much for posting all the pictures. We are not going to cruise until April next year when we do a Barbados to Galveston transition cruise on Grandeur  

Hi Bill! 
hope you and Marie are doing well! I’m not out here very often myself, but I’ll have to make a not to make sure I am checking in then! Hope you’ll consider a live report! 🤗

Last few food photos. 😆 I don’t remember the French onion soup in the MDR looking like this when I’ve ordered it before, but it was very good. Seen to recall them just throwing some croutons on top and it being kind of bland 

8A287DE4-3D33-4CF7-BEF8-328506E87DB7.thumb.jpeg.1302eecdb784138406fbb6cb75da170d.jpeg

wish you could still get a cheese plate from room service. Well, actually you can during the MDR dinner hours if you are in a suite,  because it’s an always available appetizer 

CA900959-914E-458D-98A4-BBFE5DAD411A.thumb.jpeg.cad4d74d5663cdd79f0074e21d1a7d02.jpeg

Best meal of the week was the beef tenderloin, au gratin potatoes. Our waiter also brought us a few lobster tails on the side 

BB16671E-E93F-48F0-8AEE-04A0793A6D86.thumb.jpeg.a45b149cd53b37446cbafe0340296a67.jpeg

• Like 1

The amount of desserts I ate this week was almost disturbing 😋 thankfully I am  only up two pounds from pre cruise weight. Not bad considering how much time I spend traveling via empty elevators 😉 

the molten chocolate cake is a winner. 

7906D825-C68D-493E-A944-36ED24A9B38A.thumb.jpeg.7362d2a13dd9894044c4e8d816e0ad5a.jpeg

also the cherries jubilee

was excellent. No photo tho ….. I would like to know what brand of ice cream royal serves, because it’s VERY good. 

more “birthday” desserts 😏

48399CD4-A8DC-476C-9192-FD1AFD499DE1.thumb.jpeg.201f25974a2a4ca681f163be934a1155.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Again thank you for a lovely ride.....

And hi Walton, how's Marie and have you been back to Hawaii lately?

Hi Marie is doing well, thanks for asking. All our Hawaii trips are land trips now. We were supposed to spend a week in Waikiki last month but we cancelled due to the Delta variant. We currently have a week in Maui scheduled for the end of October for our anniversary.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hello Chris!!!!  You aren’t back home already, are you?  

You didn’t take up the second week on board thanks to the prompting of @Ourusualbeach?

@Ourusualbeachis the BEST (worst) influence. 😉 should have heeded his advise.

Instead I’m off to Wisconsin , the land of cheese curds and REAL wine for my annual girl’s trip 🥰

• Like 1

Thanks for the great review. Will be on Symphony on Dec 18th. For those that wanted to know I was on the 8/28 Odyssey sailing. We didn't leave Port Everglades until 9:30 that night due to "techincal difficulties". Still don't know what they were.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed your review as I am looking forward to sailing on Symphony next month.  I may have missed it, but was Playmaker's open for lunch on sea days?

We wanted to go there on boarding day so wondered if that were an option.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding/bumping up an old thread (hospital stay 🙄) but thank you so much for bringing us with you! It was an emotional read, seeing what the MDR servers were saying. I often do a few specialty dining restaurants but actually I might give some the swerve on my next cruise.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, niksmom630 said:

I’ll try and catch up with photos. 

i’m Not missing the crowds one iota. The crew has been fabulous and the service amazing. I’m sure they aren’t making the tips they are used to , so I’m happy to oblige by tipping more for this experience. 

0664B8B9-ADC9-4153-88C4-7AD778B7B89C.thumb.jpeg.8fab910b276759fee9aeac2435167a7d.jpeg

B65F56D9-625F-4E67-BD48-54B1AF9B1E29.thumb.jpeg.c77ea192efb3b5572aef56392aa5d939.jpeg

Thought Symphony sails on Saturday and not Sunday.

• 1 month later...