Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

49 minutes ago, Daddywrbucks said:

Yea, you're not kidding.  Trying to maintain restraint while watching my bid go higher is a little difficult.  Getting the bigger cabin would be nice but I still fine with whatever I end up with.  I'm still in the Haven, how bad could it be?

My company used to bid on jobs from the state and feds. It used to be sealed bids, you bid your price and that was that. Now they have live biddings on some things. We have to remind our sales team we still have a bottom number and not to get carried away 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Any cabin in the Haven is gold

My company used to bid on jobs from the state and feds. It used to be sealed bids, you bid your price and that was that. Now they have live biddings on some things. We have to remind our sales team we still have a bottom number and not to get carried away 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Still tracking rooms for our December Joy sailing.  Asked our PCC what is up with the uber jumps in prices, he guessed 1.  NCL wants money and 2. Prepping for the bidding to start.  

image.thumb.png.7b4d31b956149f4471d0c17ef2c87c0f.png

I think the new school schedules may have an impact.

12/16 is last school day.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

I've been watching the 2 bedroom family suites on my upcoming cruise, departing on Sept 2. Up until tonight there were 5 out of 10 available. All of a sudden 1 disappeared, now the rest of them have sold out this evening. I'm assuming does that mean they have assigned those to upgrade requests. 

I submitted an upgrade bid earlier this week, when the price went down. Just wondering how soon will I hear if I won my upgrade bid or lost mine. I doubt all 5 were bought in one night, even with the discount.  I only bid in the poor range from a balcony so my chance is low, but hoping. 

Also what's interesting is a couple times in the last month I started to bid an upgrade and then canceled. Late last week, I saw a discount for the minimum bid for that specific category but none of the other ones. I wondered if it saw I tried to bid and canceled.

Now today, all 5 of the 2 bedroom family suites are available again during a mock booking. At least my bid still says "pending" so I haven't been denied yet.

3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Where is this real time bidding located?

It was something that simply popped up when I entered the usual upgrade bidding site.  There doesn't appear to be a specific location one may go into and start bidding.

My thought is perhaps they had a few bids initially wagering the same amount so they threw us all in the ring to battle it out.

1 hour ago, genealogyfan said:

Now today, all 5 of the 2 bedroom family suites are available again during a mock booking. At least my bid still says "pending" so I haven't been denied yet.

I wonder if TA holds/blocks got opened back up

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I wonder if TA holds/blocks got opened back up

It's weird, yesterday I checked in the morning and 5 out of the 10 two bedroom family suites were available, then by the evening they were listed as sold out and now they are available again.  Just weird. I bid in the poor range, so not expecting to get it, but just odd they are available again.

Edited by genealogyfan

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Again I as, where is this real time bidding located?

This isn’t for every cruise. It seems to be random that some people are starting to get this. My brother got it leading up to his Mediterranean cruise earlier this month (in the Escape, IIRC). He was really turned off by it because he felt like it was a cash grab, since apparently there were something like 30 bids above his, so he cancelled his bids.

Has anyone bid on a room, and then been awarded a higher upgrade? I bid to go from an inside to a balcony. But when doing a mock booking, seems like there's only 6 balcony cabins open right now; but there's 37 Cub Balcony Suites available. Just wondering about the chances of being slotted into one of those? 

26 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

Has anyone bid on a room, and then been awarded a higher upgrade? I bid to go from an inside to a balcony. But when doing a mock booking, seems like there's only 6 balcony cabins open right now; but there's 37 Cub Balcony Suites available. Just wondering about the chances of being slotted into one of those? 

My guess is there will be more balcony cabins available, because some of those people have bid for upgrades to club balcony suites or higher. Then that would free those to someone like you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

My guess is there will be more balcony cabins available, because some of those people have bid for upgrades to club balcony suites or higher. Then that would free those to someone like you.

Yup, that makes total sense! 

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m new to NCL. My cruise is in 165 days. How soon can I bid & where on the web site do I find the bidding or will I be contacted?

Any tips appreciated!

Tom😀

Bidding opportunities open sometime after Final Payment. Generally speaking, 119 (or fewer) days. 

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m new to NCL. My cruise is in 165 days. How soon can I bid & where on the web site do I find the bidding or will I be contacted?

Any tips appreciated!

Tom😀

NCL seems pretty consistent on sending the upgrade e-mails out 120 days prior to your sail date. Mine came exactly at 8PM Eastern on day 120, so you have another 45 days to wait to bid, then you wait another 113-119 days to find out if you were successful.

When I received the letter from NCL that I had been outbid on the 2BR (H6) suite on the Joy in May, I went in and lowered my bid - and a few days later (Tue before Sun cruise) I was awarded the H6. So I think NCL does the live bidding when the bids are lower than they would like as incentive to get more people to bid higher. I didn't care if I got it or not since we were already in the Haven but you can lower your bid......I did it and still won the bid!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Peg, were you bidding with the Real Time bidding, or the typical bidding method? 

I ask because there doesn't seem to be a way to lower the offer in Real Time Bidding, or at least not that I can see.  The only way I see to be able to do this is to cancel my current offer and risk not being able to get back in.

I'm still in the low/medium range with my offer, so I'm comfortable going in.

I've been bidding on the H6 villa, how did you like it?

1 hour ago, 2boyzmom said:

I don't like the idea of the is real time bidding at all. Too stressful and feels cheezy.

Really no more stressful (or cheezy) than bidding with the traditional method.  You're still bidding on an upgrade , but only if you want to and you can cancel the bid anytime you wish. If you get it, Great!  And if not, that's Great too!  You still have a room to travel in and you're still going on a beautiful vacation either way.

• Like 1

Many questions.....

Can you live bid on more that one category?

What if there are 5 of the same room,are you bidding on one or is it the top 5 are winning?

If just one room, do they start again for the other 4 rooms?

Can you live bid on one category and bid the other way on other rooms.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Many questions.....

Can you live bid on more that one category?

What if there are 5 of the same room,are you bidding on one or is it the top 5 are winning?

If just one room, do they start again for the other 4 rooms?

Can you live bid on one category and bid the other way on other rooms.

I doubt it has anything to do with how many rooms.  Just another clever form of marketing.

• Like 2