HERE IT IS. TESTING 2 days before

RoePost

1 hour ago, ebeluga said:

Also in LA and planning to take test for pre- boarding.  On the CVS site, it says no cost - if insurance denied coverage of test, the government would cover the cost.  Not true in reality?? Or is it true for PCR test but not for Rapid test?

It is true for PCR test

• Thanks 1

If the test is to be administered or done by a medical professional, how do you prove to the cruise line that person on the other side of your computer screen was a medical professional (doctor, pharmacist or nurse)?

Edited by rhblake
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

One more video for those who are still wary of at home tests. This couple is also a pair of avid cruisers.

So glad you did this video.  It explained how home testing would work and it might be the option we may have to take if the cruise line wants a two day window for the test and the logistics make that almost impossible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rhblake said:

If the test is to be administered or done by a medical professional, how do you prove to the cruise line that person on the other side of your computer screen was a medical professional (doctor, pharmacist or nurse)?

Semantics, not administered but observed or supervised.. 

3BA11F71-EF50-436C-B5E3-D5E7D42A6691.jpeg

1 hour ago, rhblake said:

Probably the same way one proves that the two Chihuahuas in the baby carriage are "service animals".

• Haha 5

Hi everyone!  We are doing 7 B2Bs starting January 16, 2022 going out of Port Everglades, FL.  I am concerned about this that I read on the Princess site:  HELP!  Do we have to pack everything up from our room and then haul it all back on and unpack again!?????  I am becoming a nervous wreck.  Cruising used to be fun and we used to look forward to it, now I just wonder what will happen every day.  Everyone keeps telling us don't worry as you won't be cruising come January.  Here is the info from Princess site:

UPDATED: Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back?

Yes, back-to-back bookings will be available for vaccinated guests, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to disembark the ship at the end of each voyage, receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test, and will be permitted to board the ship again once they receive a negative test result.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

We will closely monitor all guidance and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

3 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Hi everyone!  We are doing 7 B2Bs starting January 16, 2022 going out of Port Everglades, FL.  I am concerned about this that I read on the Princess site:  HELP!  Do we have to pack everything up from our room and then haul it all back on and unpack again!?????  I am becoming a nervous wreck.  Cruising used to be fun and we used to look forward to it, now I just wonder what will happen every day.  Everyone keeps telling us don't worry as you won't be cruising come January.  Here is the info from Princess site:

Yes, back-to-back bookings will be available for vaccinated guests, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to disembark the ship at the end of each voyage, receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test, and will be permitted to board the ship again once they receive a negative test result.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

We will closely monitor all guidance and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

Worth looking into. The above isn’t specific enough to know. 
On Alaska cruises people didn’t report disembarking. It could be like past B2B where you just walked off and back on (after testing) but what happens to your belongings if positive? I would follow up with Princess and ask for further  clarification. 

2 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Worth looking into. The above isn’t specific enough to know. 
On Alaska cruises people didn’t report disembarking. It could be like past B2B where you just walked off and back on (after testing) but what happens to your belongings if positive? I would follow up with Princess and ask for further  clarification. 

I know it is not very clear.  YellowFish said they went down the day before the cruise ended in the morning and got their test in medical and you could wait for results or be called.  Now it is different.  

I know right now my husband will not want to move the luggage 7 times!  LOL  He hates luggage and always says I bring too much, but a lot of it is for him!

I read on the RCL site that their passengers on B2B voyages need to pack all of their luggage and disembark the ship because if your test comes back positive you are not allowed back onboard the ship.

It just keeps getting more difficult to cruise every week.  Hopefully this requirement ends when we take our back to back cruise to Hawaii and Sea of Cortez in January 2022. 

Edited by Syracusefan44

16 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I read on the RCL site that their passengers on B2B voyages need to pack all of their luggage and disembark the ship because if your test comes back positive you are not allowed back onboard the ship.

It just keeps getting more difficult to cruise every week.  Hopefully this requirement ends when we take our back to back cruise to Hawaii and Sea of Cortez in January 2022. 

A lot of this BS will end once the cruise industry can get out from under the thumb of the CDC and politicians.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

A lot of this BS will end once the cruise industry can get out from under the thumb of the CDC and politicians.

And when do you think that is going to happen? The judge in Florida ruled (and it has not been overturned) that the CDC's CSO was arbitrary and economically hurting the state of Florida. Yet when these same regulations became recommendations, the cruise lines chose to follow them. And now as 3 day testing became 2 day testing, they also chose to blindly follow.

My theory is that the cruise line lawyers said follow the recommendations from the CDC and if you are sued we will point out that we are following best practices as recommended by the CDC. If we don't and there is any sort of breakout of the virus, the attorneys for the other side will definitely point out that we are not following the recommendations.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Probably the same way one proves that the two Chihuahuas in the baby carriage are "service animals".

2 hours ago, rhblake said:

The tests that have the online monitoring using either webcam or phone camera are able to issue a test confirmation that it was observed to meet the requirement.

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

The press will move on once there is little to sensationalize.  If they can't say "skyrocketing or plummeting" there's no story for them.

Not as long as COVID is still going strong, they won't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Oh my goodness.  Not what I wanted to hear, but so appreciate your honesty.  I think I will not tell my husband until it gets closer to final payment to see if it changes.   If we have to pack everything and disembark, I can't think I can do that 7 times in a row.  I think we will just cancel before final payment.  Sooooo verrrrry sad.

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have a b2b starting Nov 1st, I can't imagine that they will make you pack up, just to return back to the same cabin.  The b2b tests have been done onboard as far as I could tell on the Alaska live threads?

Yes, but now:

6 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Yes, but now:

What is the source of this "Update"?

9 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Oh my goodness.  Not what I wanted to hear, but so appreciate your honesty.  I think I will not tell my husband until it gets closer to final payment to see if it changes.   If we have to pack everything and disembark, I can't think I can do that 7 times in a row.  I think we will just cancel before final payment.  Sooooo verrrrry sad.

What would be the point of requiring b2b passengers to book the same cabin for each respective cruise if they are treated as new passengers?

4 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

What would be the point of requiring b2b passengers to book the same cabin for each respective cruise if they are treated as new passengers?

I have a few B2B’s the first two are in Dec and January and we were assigned 2 different cabins