How to unsubscribe to brochures

shipgeeks

Following. 

I have called and emailed them, to no avail. I don’t mind marketing emails, but the brochures are a waste of money. I have never booked based on a printed brochure, and I will not be booking any cruise until COVID is under control. 

Many days, a Viking catalog is the only thing in my mailbox. I have a sensor on the mailbox, so I would be able to skip many unnecessary trips to the mailbox if Viking would stop with their wasteful mailings. 

And I have the opposite problem 😅. I’ve registered no end of times (Website and UK Agent) that I would like to receive information and promotional material. Result - not one single email or brochure. I even did a live chat via the Viking website recently (about 10 days ago) regarding a specific river cruise and the person at the other end promised to send me the relevant information. Result - absolutely nothing. So I feel very neglected!

11 hours ago, Berlin Bear said:

And I have the opposite problem 😅. I’ve registered no end of times (Website and UK Agent) that I would like to receive information and promotional material. Result - not one single email or brochure. I even did a live chat via the Viking website recently (about 10 days ago) regarding a specific river cruise and the person at the other end promised to send me the relevant information. Result - absolutely nothing. So I feel very neglected!

Is it possible that it is going to your spam filter, or being automatically deleted?

I frequent the Celebrity forum and they have the same issues over there with emails. Some can't get them to stop and others can't get them to start. I wonder if it is a third party software that is the issue. Not promoting your business to people that are asking for your sales pitch and on the other hand you are spending millions in advertising to get people interested?  

4 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Is it possible that it is going to your spam filter, or being automatically deleted?

I frequent the Celebrity forum and they have the same issues over there with emails. Some can't get them to stop and others can't get them to start. I wonder if it is a third party software that is the issue. Not promoting your business to people that are asking for your sales pitch and on the other hand you are spending millions in advertising to get people interested?  

You may be right, but I look at my spam folder regularly and nothing from Viking has landed there. Mails could be automatically deleted of course, but then I do receive messages from Viking UK regarding my bookings. When I booked the first Viking cruise by telephone in 2018, the UK agent speculated that the problem might be caused by me having a German email address and Viking doesn’t market, or indeed sell, their cruises in mainland Europe. Despite the founder/owner being a Norwegian!

On 9/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, Berlin Bear said:

You may be right, but I look at my spam folder regularly and nothing from Viking has landed there. Mails could be automatically deleted of course, but then I do receive messages from Viking UK regarding my bookings. When I booked the first Viking cruise by telephone in 2018, the UK agent speculated that the problem might be caused by me having a German email address and Viking doesn’t market, or indeed sell, their cruises in mainland Europe. Despite the founder/owner being a Norwegian!

I'm sorry you are having these issues. You shouldn't have to work hard to get information from a business. I have not signed up for any emails from Viking, if I did I would forward you mine.

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

I'm sorry you are having these issues. You shouldn't have to work hard to get information from a business. I have not signed up for any emails from Viking, if I did I would forward you mine.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. I will have a serious word 😉 with the person responsible for future cruise sales when I’m next on board. We have a cruise booked for March 2022 (Buenos Aires to Barcelona) - not sure whether this will actually take place, of course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is the only thing that worked:

1) Call Viking’s Reservation #

2) Provide “Customer Number” listed on brochure’s   
     address label (This is key)

3) Ask for mailings to cease

4) Takes a bit to become effective, but finally I had 

success.

Edited by CruisinFamily5000
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

I have called several times with my customer number and they can’t ever find it.  I have mailed several letters and sent emails.  It’s absurd.  Viking cruises is hugely in debt.  Maybe if they stopped mailing so many brochures….

Edited by No brochures
  • Like 1