Anyone on Epic?

Nataly1982

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Glad the info is of help.   I usually do a live review (of sorts) on the MSC forum as I have quite a few CC friends over there who’ll read it, even if no one else does lol. 

We took a chance and didn’t get one done.  Didn’t know if there was anywhere within a reasonable distance of where we live to get one done ( we’re very rural).  

Thanks. Just out of curiosity… Does NCL take into account your 23 MSC cruises when it comes to latitudes status? Or do you have to start from scratch? Enjoy your holidays🚢 🌊 🍹 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Seanocelt said:

Cannot thank you enough . superb updates. Probably my last question, the Burn the Floor guys always did a stripped down performance in Manhatten one night at dinner, you notice what night? 5th time on Epic this Sunday,  never gets old.Thanks again.

We ate in Manhattan last night and asked the hostess about whether there had been or will be a Burn the Floor performance.   She just said the stage was too small, so I explained that I meant a smaller version.  She said she’d find out but she never got back to me.  I don’t think she quite understood or knew.     I find that a lot with crew when they’re being asked specific questions.  

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

i wont swear to this, but i believe ncl only acknowledges its own cruises for latitude point purposes

I imagine you’re right.  If I’m not mistaken, I think MSC is the only company that matches status in their loyalty programme with that of other companies, apart from the arrangement RC has with Celebrity. 

13 hours ago, eileeshb said:

You can pay to get tested at Dublin and Shannon airports, the antigen test is €49 with a result in an hour. You do have to book an appointment though- Airport test booking

I’ll be booking in with them before my cruise next month. 

That’s good to know.  We’ll probably do the same for next month’s cruise, too.  Was a little apprehensive not having done one for this cruise. 

2 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

You're doing this just to know before you fly that you are clear, rather than because you have to get an antigen test done in advance, correct?

Doing it to protect ourselves financially should we test positive at Port. See NCL sail safe information about PCR or Antigen test within 72 hrs prior to sailing on attached screenshot.

Screenshot_20210910-132900_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-140952_Chrome.jpg

Edited by emerald6273
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

We're getting Antigen Tests at Dublin Airport with Randox on same date of flight. Results in 1 hour. €35.

Unfortunately Randox’s hours don’t work for me. I’ll either have to go to the 24hr walk in Dublin, or to the drive through in Shannon a day or two before I fly. My flight is at stupid o’clock from Dublin. No direct flights to Rome from Shannon at the moment unfortunately so I shall probably bear a resemblance to a zombie when I get to the ship. 

52 minutes ago, bavarianbumblebee said:

Is the test on the sea day only required for the guests that did embark in Rome? If you are only doing a shore excursion do you have to be tested too? 

The test on the sea day I undertake is required for all passengers to satisfy Spanish authorities that all passengers are negative before disembarkation.

Edited by emerald6273

51 minutes ago, betterthanvegas? said:

We plan to do a test for the same reasons. Just in case. 

Any chance you could find out (or perhaps someone else knows) - can I use one of my dining perks for Zambooka? Thank you! 

According to NCL FAQs perhaps yes with an up charge but only onboard not in advance:

*Effective for sailings starting on/after January 1, 2020: Pre-booking Entertainment with Dining is only available at full retail price. To use SDP meals plus upcharges, please visit the ship’s box office (adjustments to pre-booking charges to be done as needed).

Edited by SpainAlien

Well. Thanks for the dailies but this sux. They’ve eliminated all the organized social meetups. No solo cruisers group. No other organized meetups for other speciality groups (Friends of Bill W, military, etc). So basically if you’re looking for friends on a European cruise, you’re on your own. Every social interaction outside your immediate group is basically being discouraged. No late entry permitted to the topdeck and nightclub parties. No touring Italy on your own. 

No wonder this cruise is going for fire sale prices for solo cruisers. This is bullcrap. This is not a cruise. It is basically a floating resort. With half the capacity and half the fun

Edited by marktwothousand
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all the feedback, I hope you had a great time.

A couple of questions still I'm afraid:

How was the seating in Teppanyaki? I"m assuming that it was reduced to just the ends

Were slot pulls or pub crawls allowed?

Many thanks and have a safe trip home 

15 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Thank you for all the feedback, I hope you had a great time.

A couple of questions still I'm afraid:

How was the seating in Teppanyaki? I"m assuming that it was reduced to just the ends

Were slot pulls or pub crawls allowed?

Many thanks and have a safe trip home 

In teppanyaki one chair on each side was closed off.

Well I’m waiting to fly back to the U.K. at Barcelona airport.

My view on the cruise:

The staff are to afraid to ask anyone to put a mask on when people’s alcoholism takes over, especially in hail of the moon, this causes confrontation with other guests.

On bubble tour’s people are allowed time by themselves to wonder off for an hour? So tour’s don’t stick to COVID bubble!

I felt far safer in mainland Spain the days before the cruise than on the ship? 
Conclusion I have no doubt there will be an outbreak of Covid on the ship, sooner than later! The 10% of idiots will ruin it for the rest….

• Like 1