QUESTION ON HOUSEKEEPING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SAILED RECENTLY

rabin1

On one of the things I read we only receive housekeeping once a day unless requested. The other thing I read is the cabin attendant introduces him or her self thru the door is that true?? Also they will only come in to service the room when passenger is not there. Is that also true?

Thank you

Kathy

On the Majestic Princess (2 cruises) our first cabin attendant entered our room to introduce himself. Since we had met the second cabin attendant in the corridor on the first cruise, he didn’t, but didn’t need to. They only cleaned when we were out of the cabin. I did request twice daily housekeeping.  We shower before dinner and I don’t like wet towels on the floor overnight. 

• Like 4

I asked him to only come once a day but I had to ask twice as he came morning and evening 1st 2 days. We were both masked so he came in. Very friendly guy, honestly no difference from pre-pandemic times (I never want them 2× day)

We were on aug 22 sailing   Our steward introduced himself and we made a couple requests, which were fulfilled that day   He brought us champagne and then, unless we asked for something, we did not see him  he cleaned/made up the room twice a day   There are "buttons" you can push on the door medallion display where you can either request privacy or request the room to be cleaned/made up.  He was great   We would have enjoyed seeing more of him

Our steward came into the room to chat with us initially and on occasion when he was bringing us something we requested.  He told us that he would tend to the room twice a day because he needed to tie the furniture down at night (balcony faced forward).  No chocolates on the pillow though.

Our room steward mentioned he would only come in once a day and that was fine with us.  We usually let them know twice a day was not needed anyway, even in prepandemic times.  You could always request a second visit for something minor in the evening if you wanted, such as changing out the towels.  We knew our steward from a previous cruise and so we did chat with him when we’d see him in the hall …one of the best ones we’ve had.  He did clean our room while we were on our balcony on the day we were in Glacier Bay.  
The room service staff seemed much more interested in getting in and out of the room rather quickly.  Hmmm… maybe we should have just grabbed the tray from them in the hallway.  

I'm currently on the Majestic and am receiving service twice per day. It appears our steward is doing her best to service our room when we are not present. She introduced herself to us in our room on embarkation day. We showed up while she was here earlier today, and it seemed to be her preference to be here when we are not. She has been great and provided everything we need, but that is a little different than what I'm used to. In earlier times, the steward would check in periodically. As I have walked through the decks, I see service happening in the morning and evening. You can note on your door if you would like it or not, and many people have (either one way or the other).

• Like 1

My cabin steward last month on the Majestic was great. He mentioned only coming once a day unless requested. But when I suggested that it be in the evening instead of the morning, he said he would be there twice each day. There's a way to request the evening turndown service on the app and the TV--either just for that day or for the whole cruise. 

I liked the new way to request service on the electronic pad by the door. It must alert the steward better than the old way of hanging out the sign.

I received housekeeping every morning and an automatic refresher every evening.   I was pleased to return every night and see a Patter on the bed, along with the card to request continental breakfast. 

The cabin attendant did enter the room when introducing herself.   

We only need very limited service at the turn down time.  My darling husband has never re- used a towel in his life.  He considers it unsanitary.  I re use towels at home, he does not.  He is not into roughing it at home or at sea.  We show in the evening before dressing for dinner.

We only need the used towels replaced, the other straightening we can handle ourselves.  I hope I will be able to convey to the steward that he can just drop the fresh towels off and take the used towels away and we will call it "serviced".

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 5:06 AM, geoherb said:

new way to request service on the electronic pad by the door

Can I also use it to request only 1× day?? I must have missed that on 8/15/21 cruise but will look for it on 12/9/21 cruise!! Hope to find it IRL