NCL Alaska pricing 2022.

tallnthensome

Big NCL fan here...... but ....ummmmm...... seriously? Are they out of their minds?  I sail many lines and have done comparisons on all of them to Alaska and man, is NCL high. Wanted more than a 7 day cruise. 9 days on the Spirit from Seattle for four people August 2022. Ocean view with just wifi and excursion credit $6300. Really? Carnival Miracle 10 days out of San Francisco. Four guests on extended balcony $4700 with $500 OBC. Carnival would not be my choice to Alaska but try to convince me that it isn't the better choice here .....or is it obvious. 

36 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Big NCL fan here...... but ....ummmmm...... seriously? Are they out of their minds?  I sail many lines and have done comparisons on all of them to Alaska and man, is NCL high. Wanted more than a 7 day cruise. 9 days on the Spirit from Seattle for four people August 2022. Ocean view with just wifi and excursion credit $6300. Really? Carnival Miracle 10 days out of San Francisco. Four guests on extended balcony $4700 with $500 OBC. Carnival would not be my choice to Alaska but try to convince me that it isn't the better choice here .....or is it obvious. 

Hmm I am going to have to check other lines.I had booked two cabins months and months ago for August 2022 but now my son can't go those dates, he has a 14 day window in July. I checked and almost fell out of my chair, one cabin, ocean view would be more than  what I paid for 2 ocean view cabins.

• Like 1

Just now, njkate said:

Hmm I am going to have to check other lines.I had booked two cabins months and months ago for August 2022 but now my son can't go those dates, he has a 14 day window in July. I checked and almost fell out of my chair, one cabin, ocean view would be more than  what I paid for 2 ocean view cabins.

For real! I had a couple of alaska cruises cancelled on NCL due to covid but checking today to rebook alaska had by eyeballs hanging out of their sockets, 

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

For real! I had a couple of alaska cruises cancelled on NCL due to covid but checking today to rebook alaska had by eyeballs hanging out of their sockets, 

Agree and mine wasn't a mega ship, it is the Sun I believe. Going ocean view as my 7 year old grandson is coming, Mema doesn't trust a 7 year old with a balcony lol. I'm going to look at Carnival as much as it pains me lol

13 minutes ago, njkate said:

Agree and mine wasn't a mega ship, it is the Sun I believe. Going ocean view as my 7 year old grandson is coming, Mema doesn't trust a 7 year old with a balcony lol. I'm going to look at Carnival as much as it pains me lol

My Sun sailing was for four people for 12 days in an ocean view for $4700 with drink packages . Nothing like that cost and length and at that price now. I just booked the Carnival 10 days like 5 minutes ago ….. it wasn’t as hard to swallow when comparing prices to NCL, Royal, Holland and Princess. I’m sure we will survive . We sailed Carnival Panorama last week which was our first on Carnival in years and it was really good. We’ve sailed NCL, MSC, Carnival, Royal, Princess, and Holland. 

• Like 2

I've found that NCL is comparable or even less money if you compare apples to apples (drinks, meals, etc), however I was looking at Alaska for June or July 2022.  NCL was around double what Royal was charging.

Might be time to try out another line for this one.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kpjb said:

I've found that NCL is comparable or even less money if you compare apples to apples (drinks, meals, etc), however I was looking at Alaska for June or July 2022.  NCL was around double what Royal was charging.

Might be time to try out another line for this one.

Yes, this time. Even when comparing apples to apples ..... month, balcony, price, drink packages, length of cruise .... NCL really was at the bottom now unlike before when they lead the way on my two prior Alaska bookings. 

I've got the Sun booked (after cancellations for 2020 and 2021 for the same cruise) for September 2022. Gross price for two guests in an aft penthouse has been:

2020 $11,624 (booked pre-shutdown) 

2021 $9,071

2022 $10,687 (booked April 2021)

2022 $12,000 (current price) 

So, that particular sailing anyway, isn't dramatically higher. I don't see pricing going down until all the pent-up demand from cancellation FCC flushes through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poohdreaming said:

Of course prices will be higher due to unused FCCs and limited amount of cruisers plus other reasons. Good luck to you in finding a reasonable pricing.

I actually think the later 2022 prices might be higher because they expect a glut of cruisers due to pent up demand.  If they are wrong, they have plenty of time to lower prices and book more empty rooms.

There was discussion on another thread about cruise prices.   Myself and another gentleman were taken to task for mentioning that NCL pricing vs pricing on Oceania were similar.   Here’s snapshots of a 10 day Alaska cruise on Oceania, August 2022 on their 700 passenger Regatta.  Mind you, it is a smaller ship without all of the attractions like big shows, waterslides, etc., but there are no pay for restaurants, specialty restaurants simply require a reservation, the number of reservations are based on cabin level. Ocean view receives 2 reservations per cruise, we’ve been able to book more than that on several cruises . You also get water and specialty coffees at no extra charge.   We love the ships!

Pricing from right to left is No Air, O Life with air and the brochure price that no one has ever paid. 

CA9538B1-577B-4B66-893C-D1D18F3AF3BE.png

D7DD4994-2610-4AF2-A328-CAB17ECC7DE3.png

7D6E1599-B43B-4F52-9A1A-E953C65867EB.png

9FDBACA4-8747-4A01-98EF-F196EAB67629.png

Edited by LNielsen
Edited by LNielsen

Supply & demand and the enormous great unknown. That's why I book early and price watch regularly to see if it comes down and I rebook - or the price goes up and I pat myself on the back for getting it when I did.

We just came off the Encore a few weeks ago. 2 of us in a Haven aft cabin cost ~$10K, my MIL sailing solo in a balcony who booked at the last minute when extra cabins opened up got her room for $3200. Similar cruises on the same ship around the same time of year for 2022 come in at 15K for our room, and $4600 for MIL's balcony. So yes, they're higher but we're still only 1 month into return to sailing - so anything can happen to those prices.

To each their own, but I'm not sure it's a fair apples-apples comparison to put NCL against Carnival. What sounds egregious to some is on par with expectations for others. Having said that, I'm still waiting for my Star sailing in May 2022 to be cancelled with me being forced to rebook as the price I paid for an MA cabin has now gone up over 60%.

How about about this deal I just got offered on Carnival . 4 people in two Family Harbor inside cabins for 8 days southern over Halloween.  $809 total. That's insane! I sailed last week on the Panorama for a week for two. $669 total. Where are NCL's deals? 

Screenshot_20210911-200742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5207c754ef9199ec419e80dcf4c11ad4.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

How about about this deal I just got offered on Carnival . 4 people in two Family Harbor inside cabins for 8 days southern over Halloween.  $809 total. That's insane! I sailed last week on the Panorama for a week for two. $669 total. Where are NCL's deals? 

Screenshot_20210911-200742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5207c754ef9199ec419e80dcf4c11ad4.jpg

Wow thats an insane deal! SO hard to pass up too! They have a 14 nt out of Galveston this Nov, OV for 2 $880 😱 im sooo tempted to cancel my RC Liberty for that same week and jump on this 14 nt one!