Welcome to the Silhouette PH...Cruising again at last!

chemmo

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Welcome to Liverpool,,,the rain has held off so far,but it’s forecast.

I will be on Silhouette on Saturday.

You are right about the anxiety re testing etc….

Enjoy.

Jeanie, we have spent a lovely morning at the sunset bar enjoying looking at the liver birds, sipping cocktails and enjoying the sun! Now that isn’t a sentence I ever expected to write on CC!!!

The anxiety re testing is very real. Much as we all try to stay safe you never know...We were very concerned for our son and his GF who probably needed this break more than us but with work commitments etc were unable to totally isolate the way we as retirees could in the days leading up to testing.

Much as we found the process anxious we support it totally. If they were not doing the testing we would not be cruising....We were tested near to where we live, very easy and results came back within 24 hours...happy dance as each of us received our negatives!

We are loving the Silhouette! So nice to have a fully completed retreat deck compared to the one we experienced on Equinox pre lockdown. We also love the changes at the Lawn area. Much more seating and a wide variety of different types of seating....

Wishing you all the best for a fantastic cruise next week!

2 hours ago, RoyalGreek said:

Chemmo, would you mind asking about the status of the upcoming November 1 transatlantic crossing to see if the crew may know if its going to happen with passengers on board?  Thank you very much!

I will ask later... .My personal feeling is I think it is highly unlikely. Not only are there restrictions on U.K. citizens entering the US I would think the ship would use the crossing as quarantine time so it is up and running on arrival in the US...

If I find anything out I will post...

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

I will ask later... .My personal feeling is I think it is highly unlikely. Not only are there restrictions on U.K. citizens entering the US I would think the ship would use the crossing as quarantine time so it is up and running on arrival in the US...

If I find anything out I will post...

Just to say it has been announced that the Silhouette and Infinity TAs have been cancelled, info from a webinar today. Silhouette looks to be sailing over empty and possibly Apex too but don’t think that was in the announcement today.

5 hours ago, downsmead said:

Just to say it has been announced that the Silhouette and Infinity TAs have been cancelled, info from a webinar today. Silhouette looks to be sailing over empty and possibly Apex too but don’t think that was in the announcement today.

That is what we have been told on board...

15 hours ago, RoyalGreek said:

Chemmo, would you mind asking about the status of the upcoming November 1 transatlantic crossing to see if the crew may know if its going to happen with passengers on board?  Thank you very much!

Hope you have seen the above post re official cancellation. So sorry about your cruise. Silhouette is a wonderful ship, I hope you get to enjoy her soon....

5 hours ago, paulabr said:

Enjoy your cruise. If you happen to dine at the Porch, could you tell me if you can only book while on board? Can't find anyplace to make a Rev# on line.

Thank you.

I think it is book on board only...In our experience on both Reflection (pre covid full ship) and now booking isn’t usually necessary. We went the other day for lunch and we were the only customers. Equally on Reflection it was rarely busy. Opening times are limited, certainty on this cruise, definitely a lunchtime rather than an evening venue...

Needless to say service and food were both excellent! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, downsmead said:

How do we find the webinar- is there a link? 
I am interested, as I am looking for a cruise for my up and coming BIG birthday.

Does this means that Silhouette might be staying over this side of the pond and doing cruises to the Canaries, as I have seen suggested on this site, or is she sailing across empty?

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Does this means that Silhouette might be staying over this side of the pond and doing cruises to the Canaries, as I have seen suggested on this site, or is she sailing across empty?

Highly unlikely I would have thought, unless the Caribbean bookings are way down and they plan to consolidate and reduce the fleet out there and offer something around Europe to handle the guests that still can't travel to the USA...

I have a Caribbean Cruise on the Silhouette in March to the ABCs! Highly unlikely to stay this side. Is the Infinity this side of the pond?

Consider an Azamara ex-Tenerife if you wish a decent cruise although a short flight. Reasonable prices.

BTW I have just managed to get a bit of a discount on my Beyond cruise next September with the current £400 off sale. Claimed that was for new bookings. Managed to get a couple of hundred as base price went up.

Cancelled the March Silhouette cruise on the UK site and rebooked on the US site for £100 discount but with the Premium Package and $200 OBC each. Rip off Britain !!!

I have better be packing for saturday rather than rebooking cruises. Spent 70 minutes on the phone. Luckily not on their charged phone number.

21 hours ago, chemmo said:

Jeanie, we have spent a lovely morning at the sunset bar enjoying looking at the liver birds, sipping cocktails and enjoying the sun! Now that isn’t a sentence I ever expected to write on CC!!!

Liverpool was just lovely weather wise and lots to do in the morning and sunshine to enjoy in the afternoon. Perfect cruise day.

Pity that the weather in Belfast is so dreich - but nothing is stopping me enjoying this holiday,  not even a bit of mist and rain.

Have you tried the caramel apple martini yet, can highly recommend it if you haven’t. The diet starts Saturday!

30 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

How do we find the webinar- is there a link? 
I am interested, as I am looking for a cruise for my up and coming BIG birthday.

I believe sailing over empty...

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Liverpool was just lovely weather wise and lots to do in the morning and sunshine to enjoy in the afternoon. Perfect cruise day.

Pity that the weather in Belfast is so dreich - but nothing is stopping me enjoying this holiday,  not even a bit of mist and rain.

Have you tried the caramel apple martini yet, can highly recommend it if you haven’t. The diet starts Saturday!

It is the Bellini’s after breakfast I am becoming addicted to...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Consider an Azamara ex-Tenerife if you wish a decent cruise although a short flight. Reasonable prices.

That is my 1st choice, but DH doesn’t want to fly & cruise, he thought the hassle of getting on the Staycation cruise was more than enough. 
BTW, the one I’m looking at starts in Gran Canaria, not Tenerife.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, chemmo said:

The anxiety re testing is very real. Much as we all try to stay safe you never know...We were very concerned for our son and his GF who probably needed this break more than us but with work commitments etc were unable to totally isolate the way we as retirees could in the days leading up to testing.

Much as we found the process anxious we support it totally. If they were not doing the testing we would not be cruising....We were tested near to where we live, very easy and results came back within 24 hours...happy dance as each of us received our negatives!

We are loving the Silhouette! So nice to have a fully completed retreat deck compared to the one we experienced on Equinox pre lockdown. We also love the changes at the Lawn area. Much more seating and a wide variety of different types of seating....

Wishing you all the best for a fantastic cruise next week!

Enjoying your post and the great photos of the PH.    We have also been very cautious and nervous about the B2B test coming up tomorrow on Equinox.    Out of an abundance of caution we bought  some home tests and took them last night just to assure ourselves we were safe.   Happily after 20 minutes we are both Negative. 

We are in a RS on the 9/5 cruise and moving next door to PH on Friday.    Your photos are exciting to see.   re power points:     I always ask for a power cord and Power Strip from the Shoreside Concierge  and they are provided.   I understand the power strips are limited.    I also double up and use both the 220 and 120 units but make sure what I plug into the 220 is dual voltage.  

16 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

That is my 1st choice, but DH doesn’t want to fly & cruise, he thought the hassle of getting on the Staycation cruise was more than enough. 
BTW, the one I’m looking at starts in Gran Canaria, not Tenerife.

Opps! Wrong island. We just cancelled an Antigua land based trip in November as DW has a knee replacement booked the week before. Thought about arranging a cruise to The Canaries ex-Southampton in January. Choice was Fred Olsen, P&O or Cunard on QE. Too young for Fred, Cunard a little stuffy and drinks exorbitant so considered P&O but dates did not quite fit her work. We are saving Cunard for the Queen Mary. Azamara would have worked but she too will not fly.

Yeh it would be great if Celebrity bases a ship in UK for the Winter!

PS Glad Jim_Iain are having a great cruise too! 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Enjoying your post and the great photos of the PH.    We have also been very cautious and nervous about the B2B test coming up tomorrow on Equinox.    Out of an abundance of caution we bought  some home tests and took them last night just to assure ourselves we were safe.   Happily after 20 minutes we are both Negative. 

We are in a RS on the 9/5 cruise and moving next door to PH on Friday.    Your photos are exciting to see.   re power points:     I always ask for a power cord and Power Strip from the Shoreside Concierge  and they are provided.   I understand the power strips are limited.    I also double up and use both the 220 and 120 units but make sure what I plug into the 220 is dual voltage.  

Hope you enjoy your cruises! 

2 hours ago, cruisnfool said:

Chemmo…..we are looking at the Silloutte for a transatlantic fir oct 22. We usually book by the card room on 9. It looks like they added 4 rooms there. Can you confirm if the card room is still open to atrium?

Not got a clue! Will have a look later or if not tomorrow....

19 hours ago, cruisnfool said:

Chemmo…..we are looking at the Silloutte for a transatlantic fir oct 22. We usually book by the card room on 9. It looks like they added 4 rooms there. Can you confirm if the card room is still open to atrium?

It looks to me as if it has gone. You can see the library deck 10 then closed off deck 9, open deck 8

image.thumb.jpeg.6867215d63f40bcbce2d197240ea1633.jpeg

954B8874-A1A4-404A-9E16-92996D1CAEAD.jpeg

63CC9D12-4BE8-4B32-AAE1-85FD3D424FD4.jpeg

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

It looks to me as if it has gone. You can see the library deck 10 then closed off deck 9, open deck 8

image.thumb.jpeg.6867215d63f40bcbce2d197240ea1633.jpeg

954B8874-A1A4-404A-9E16-92996D1CAEAD.jpeg

63CC9D12-4BE8-4B32-AAE1-85FD3D424FD4.jpeg

There seems to be a space behind the new inside cabins on deck 8 called 'Game On' which replaces the card room.  Not sure what that space is.  The iLounge two decks down has also been swallowed up, this time entirely by four new inside cabins (with an odd shape) and the iLounge relocated to deck 5.

Phil