PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

3 hours ago, tring said:

Yes, as well as a number of other things.  As I said ours are both done, as are ones a number of other people have completed and all of those have been accepted. 

I completed mine in Spain last Wednesday and flew home on Friday. You are not required to upload the QR code that is on your Vaccination letter, merely to confirm that you have one. If the code is time expired when you return to the UK, or if you have to show it when abroad you may have an issue. I am merely pointing out a potential problem that can be overcome by ensuring you request a letter at the last minute. Our PLF and vaccination letters were examined at the airport prior to passing through to departures. No valid code, no flight home.

Edited by zap99

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Am I the only one that thinks that these tests are just a theatrical waste of time ?

Yes, I have my PCR test ready for when we return to the UK in early November, but I certainly won't be swabing my tonsils, although I will stick the swab up my nose. 

What happens, if your swab is inconclusive? 

Naughty step until you get a negative. We did our PCR swabs yesterday. Nose and tonsils. If it means a trip to the sunshine I will swab wherever officialdom dictates, but yes pretty much a waste of time as we have already done LFT's as well.🤣

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Naughty step until you get a negative. We did our PCR swabs yesterday. Nose and tonsils. If it means a trip to the sunshine I will swab wherever officialdom dictates, but yes pretty much a waste of time as we have already done LFT's as well.🤣

But, when you return to the UK, you can go anywhere for two days before you send off your test,  and then wait  a further two days for the result.  

So, after four days you are told you are positive,  but you will already know that because  you will be feeling unwell. 

So, what exactly is the point of the test ?

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

But, when you return to the UK, you can go anywhere for two days before you send off your test,  and then wait  a further two days for the result.  

So, after four days you are told you are positive,  but you will already know that because  you will be feeling unwell. 

We got back Friday morning. Our PCR tests arrived Saturday Lunchtime. We swabbed our bits and put them in the priority box for collection 15.30pm. no way will we get the results til Monday midday at the earliest. 3 days, two restaurants ,one supermarket. Goodness knows how many hundreds of folk we have been in contact with, all having their track and trace apps disabled, or blue tooth off. As you say , what's the point.

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We got back Friday morning. Our PCR tests arrived Saturday Lunchtime. We swabbed our bits and put them in the priority box for collection 15.30pm. no way will we get the results til Monday midday at the earliest. 3 days, two restaurants ,one supermarket. Goodness knows how many hundreds of folk we have been in contact with, all having their track and trace apps disabled, or blue tooth off. As you say , what's the point.

Indeed. 

We have our tests ready for when we return from our cruise. We get home late on a Friday,  so will not test until Saturday,  and our designated special post box will not be emptied until Monday, so we might get a result on Wednesday. 

The whole testing system is sheer nincompoopery! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

The problem is a large %age of COVID sufferers are symptom free so don't feel unwell.

29 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

Could somebody give me an "idiot's guide" to the information that I will need to have to hand before I begin filling in my PLF? Is it possible to see the entire form before completing it or is it one that has to be completed a section at a time?

It's all here under the section 'What you will need '.

They're very straightforward.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Edited by Baggy178

Thank you 🙂

The information on the above site says:

To complete the form you’ll need:

your passport details or the travel document you’ll use when you arrive at the UK border

Fine - no problem

your travel details, including times and dates

Will I need to give details of each country visited -along with arrival/departure times and dates?

the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)

I presume this is my home address?

booking reference numbers for any COVID-19 tests you must take after arriving in the UK

What is this and  how do I get it?

the invoice number for your quarantine hotel booking if you need one

I presume this does not apply

to prove your vaccination status, and say where you were vaccinated

How do I do this? I don't have an "app" thingy on my phone but do have a NHS letter giving details of both jabs - I have no idea how to get that from the sheet of paper on my desk onto the PLF on my computer - and words like "upload" or "scan" mean nothing to me.

Also, the site is speaking of emailing me numbers and also sending me numbers to my mobile phone. Is there any ways I can just leave my mobile phone out of this? The assumption that everyone has (and is willing to use) a mobile phone does tend to annoy me.

Many thanks for your anticipated help from a technological wimp!

4 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

Thank you 🙂

The information on the above site says:

To complete the form you’ll need:

your passport details or the travel document you’ll use when you arrive at the UK border

Fine - no problem

your travel details, including times and dates

Will I need to give details of each country visited -along with arrival/departure times and dates?

the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)

I presume this is my home address?

booking reference numbers for any COVID-19 tests you must take after arriving in the UK

What is this and  how do I get it?

the invoice number for your quarantine hotel booking if you need one

I presume this does not apply

to prove your vaccination status, and say where you were vaccinated

How do I do this? I don't have an "app" thingy on my phone but do have a NHS letter giving details of both jabs - I have no idea how to get that from the sheet of paper on my desk onto the PLF on my computer - and words like "upload" or "scan" mean nothing to me.

Also, the site is speaking of emailing me numbers and also sending me numbers to my mobile phone. Is there any ways I can just leave my mobile phone out of this? The assumption that everyone has (and is willing to use) a mobile phone does tend to annoy me.

Many thanks for your anticipated help from a technological wimp!

Travel details are as you say, dates you are in the country (or docked). Don't need arrival/departure times.

Address is home address.

Booking reference number is the number supplied by your chosen day 2 testing company. I went with Testing For All but there are many different companies. They supply the code as soon as the tests are ordered.

Quarantine hotel does not apply if fully vaccinated.

For proof of vaccination I just said 'No' to the QR code. This allows you to continue without having to upload anything. As you say, paper proof is all that is required if asked about it when returning to the UK.

I downloaded the proof of test ordered and printed out a paper copy so I don't have to worry about phone signal, etc if asked for proof of plf completion at the port. I also downloaded and printed out a copy of the PLF for the same reason.

I hope this helps.

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Same here, we got back to Southampton on Sky Princess on Friday. PCR test was delivered Saturday lunchtime which was too late for 12.00 post, tested Sunday and put in priority post box so probably won't get result until tomorrow (Tuesday) at the earliest. We took a LFT on Saturday before we started mixing with family and shopping.

P.S. Sky Princess cruise was fantastic, really impressed with service, food and general atmosphere of the ship.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

I completed mine in Spain last Wednesday and flew home on Friday. You are not required to upload the QR code that is on your Vaccination letter, merely to confirm that you have one. If the code is time expired when you return to the UK, or if you have to show it when abroad you may have an issue. I am merely pointing out a potential problem that can be overcome by ensuring you request a letter at the last minute. Our PLF and vaccination letters were examined at the airport prior to passing through to departures. No valid code, no flight home.

May I initially say that I hope you had a good holiday.  We have not risked a flight yet, but feel itsy eell be coming on early next year when temperatures plummet.

Regards your comment, I do feel it is something well worth posting on this thread as I am sure there will be some who do not fully check their paperwork.  My confusion was why you had quoted me particularly, but no problem on that.

We completed a plf two weeks ago as we were sailing back to the UK, as well as last Friday for our forthcoming cruise - our forth cruise this year, so we have now had four versions of the vaccine proof which is required to board a ship now, but yes, they do need to be in date, so need replaced for each jaunt as they do need to be valid until your return.

Also, if you were to look back at this thread, you will find that it was me who mentioned you can just say no, when asked if you have a vaccine proof which you can scan, after which you are allowed to complete the rest of the form and it is accepted.  I offered that information since there was a lot of talk in previous posts regards people having difficulty scanning the QR code for it.  In fact I have since seen a post recently from an IT professional who said the system of scanning the code did not work much of the time, so sounds like it is a good idea to just say you cannot scan it, even if you do have the equipment to do so, which we did not when at sea.

The system is quite workable and not necessarily as difficult as some would have it, but it is necessary to just calmly work through the documents one by one and check all of them as you go.  These forums have always been very useful regards imparting information and are becoming more so, especially when a Government website say one thing and do another, which had been pointed out last Friday.

20 minutes ago, tring said:

May I initially say that I hope you had a good holiday.  We have not risked a flight yet, but feel itsy eell be coming on early next year when temperatures plummet.

Regards your comment, I do feel it is something well worth posting on this thread as I am sure there will be some who do not fully check their paperwork.  My confusion was why you had quoted me particularly, but no problem on that.

We completed a plf two weeks ago as we were sailing back to the UK, as well as last Friday for our forthcoming cruise - our forth cruise this year, so we have now had four versions of the vaccine proof which is required to board a ship now, but yes, they do need to be in date, so need replaced for each jaunt as they do need to be valid until your return.

Also, if you were to look back at this thread, you will find that it was me who mentioned you can just say no, when asked if you have a vaccine proof which you can scan, after which you are allowed to complete the rest of the form and it is accepted.  I offered that information since there was a lot of talk in previous posts regards people having difficulty scanning the QR code for it.  In fact I have since seen a post recently from an IT professional who said the system of scanning the code did not work much of the time, so sounds like it is a good idea to just say you cannot scan it, even if you do have the equipment to do so, which we did not when at sea.

The system is quite workable and not necessarily as difficult as some would have it, but it is necessary to just calmly work through the documents one by one and check all of them as you go.  These forums have always been very useful regards imparting information and are becoming more so, especially when a Government website say one thing and do another, which had been pointed out last Friday.

I tried to upload the QR code, but some reason ( light, clarity ?) It wouldn't work, so thanks to your previous posts knew to just tick the ' no' option. The  Lady at check in wanted to see the PLF form and vaccination code and checked them pretty thoroughly. As you say, filling in the form is fairly straight forward. At lunch in the hotel on Wednesday a few smug Brits saying ' We did our forms, have you ?'🤣

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 3:17 PM, wowzz said:

You can actually fill in the form up to 21 days before your return date. Our cruise returns on November 5th, and I completed both our PLFs yesterday.  All done and dusted,  saved to our phones and printed off as well, to be on the safe side. 

Different rules for us landlubbers.When I read your post I thought great I'll fill it in now and submit it within the 48hrs.Once I entered the 23rd,the date we're boarding Eurotunnel the web site wouldn't let us continue.I had to save it and will finish it off in a hotel room in Switzerland.Have a good cruise Wowzz and report back if Princess is still as good as it used to be,Brian.

Sorry to go over old ground. We are not hugely confident with technology but we have a go and with the help of a fellow passenger we completed our PLF forms on our recent Britannia cruise. We answered ‘no’ to the QR question and filled in the rest.. Nobody asked to see the forms in Southampton however. My slight concern is the reference to ‘expiry dates’ of the QR code. We have hard copies of our COVID passes but they don’t show an expiry date. Will this be an issue when we are at Barbados airport in December? Grateful for any help with this.

3 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Sorry to go over old ground. We are not hugely confident with technology but we have a go and with the help of a fellow passenger we completed our PLF forms on our recent Britannia cruise. We answered ‘no’ to the QR question and filled in the rest.. Nobody asked to see the forms in Southampton however. My slight concern is the reference to ‘expiry dates’ of the QR code. We have hard copies of our COVID passes but they don’t show an expiry date. Will this be an issue when we are at Barbados airport in December? Grateful for any help with this.

QR codes have a "life" of 28 days.  Just print a new  one out a few days before you leave for Barbados.

15 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

If you download the passes, they have an expiry day of about a month ahead (small writing though) so need to look carefully. 

For the letter you ask for by phone (perhaps other way of request possible) and one is posted out to you, I have read they do not have an expiry date, so the letter will continue to be valid. 

Edited by tring

43 minutes ago, tring said:

If you download the passes, they have an expiry day of about a month ahead (small writing though) so need to look carefully. 

For the letter you ask for by phone (perhaps other way of request possible) and one is posted out to you, I have read they do not have an expiry date, so the letter will continue to be valid. 

I think when you log in to the NHS app the expiry date updates.

On the gov.uk website it states that if you are on a cruise less than 19 days you can submit the form before sailing. The only issue is you need a reference number for your LFT to put on the form so should be able to sort this and enter on the form. You can submit on the morning of disembarkation using your phone package.

1 hour ago, UndiscoverdTraveller said:

Saw this on Twitter today re passenger locator forms and this was P and O’s response. ‘No need to do in advance’. 👏 so pleased. 

D2497A4F-9BED-4A1F-B6FE-4D0A61477CB2.jpeg

But you can order a LFT now, so you can complete the PLF before you board.

23 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I thought they weren’t available to order until 22nd?

You can order now, get the reference number, but the tests will not be dispatched until the 22nd.

Testing For All seems to be the company that many are using.

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 2