Krazy Lobster

Jeal

On 9/14/2021 at 9:40 PM, AustinCruise said:

Had no issue getting back from that area. So few tourists and so many people trying to sell their clubs, goods, massages, taxis….  Everyone was polite and accepted “no” but it got tiring for us. 

Vendors are typical at clubs around the middle of the malecón in Mahahual. I suspect with fewer bars and less tourists they may even be walking further along the malecón.

• 3 weeks later...

We agree with The Krazy Lobster, they run a good and honest place.They had beers for $2.00. However we were greatly over charged next door at El Faro. $99.00 for a bucket of 5 beers , 3 margaritas and 1shot of tequila. We were shocked, but I was in vacation mode and just ordered without a menu. We paid , then as we were walking away I asked another waiter about the price of the beers. He told me $3.50, so I asked him why I was charger $8. It turns out he was the manager and called our waiter over and made him go into his pocket and give us back $20.00. 

.Here is a picture of El Faro, you would do best to avoid!

B002BB0A-2DB1-4124-956F-0E98A66BB4A7_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimdalva said:

We agree with The Krazy Lobster, they run a good and honest place.They had beers for $2.00. However we were greatly over charged next door at El Faro. $99.00 for a bucket of 5 beers , 3 margaritas and 1shot of tequila. We were shocked, but I was in vacation mode and just ordered without a menu. We paid , then as we were walking away I asked another waiter about the price of the beers. He told me $3.50, so I asked him why I was charger $8. It turns out he was the manager and called our waiter over and made him go into his pocket and give us back $20.00. 

.Here is a picture of El Faro, you would do best to avoid!

B002BB0A-2DB1-4124-956F-0E98A66BB4A7_4_5005_c.jpeg

You aren’t the first person to report over charging at El Faro but I just want to check if El Faro has moved during the shut down? They used to be next door to Tropicante and had a long running battle with them.

I know Tropicante has closed, or is under new management. We gave enjoyed Tropicante but were thinking of giving Krazy Lobster a try some time.

Edited by c-leg5

Jimdalva...appears from your post on the Golf Carts and here that Krazy Lobster took over the Tropicante space.  Let's hope the management at El Faro doesn't give them grief and pinch customers like they did with Tropicante.  But nice to know El Faro didn't expand.

30 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Jimdalva...appears from your post on the Golf Carts and here that Krazy Lobster took over the Tropicante space.  Let's hope the management at El Faro doesn't give them grief and pinch customers like they did with Tropicante.  But nice to know El Faro didn't expand.

@crewsweeper That was what I was trying to work out. - difficult to tell from recent TA photos. I never went there but I got the impression it was bigger than Tropicante? Do you know if the El Faro bar at the port belongs to the same group?

36 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

@crewsweeper That was what I was trying to work out. - difficult to tell from recent TA photos. I never went there but I got the impression it was bigger than Tropicante? Do you know if the El Faro bar at the port belongs to the same group?

No clue,  don't use the port restaurants and bars, but wouldn't surprise me.  When the original owner of El Faro "retired" he sold it to a group that owns other places, like Blue Kay beach and others.  Thought the firm was Canadian and hands off.  Contracting with the local owner/investor of the port (and Tequila Beach) would have been easy enough.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, crmc said:

Has anyone had the lobster at Krazy Lobster?

Yes!  My mom and I split the lobster with butter ($20) and it was very tasty. When the taxi dropped us off I thought "oh dear this looks a bit sketchy" but we were greeted by a server and walked to a table in the shade.  Very pretty palapas and palm trees kept us cool as Gabriel our waiter brought samples of lime margarita.  We ordered a large margarita ($7) and enjoyed the beach breeze.  There were vendors milling around but they were respectful when we said "no thank you".  I did buy a t shirt for my DH from a vendor and bought 2 souvenir coffee mugs and a plate from the shop near the rest room.  Had a nice conversation with Juan about his local church that he is the pastor.  I also had a terrific hour long massage on the beach on a massage table by a female masseuse for $20.

Mauricio came by and was charming as he made sure we were comfortable.  

Next time we go to Costa Maya we will go back to The Krazy Lobster!

lobster.jpg

beach.jpg

view.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 9:36 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Yes!  My mom and I split the lobster with butter ($20) and it was very tasty. When the taxi dropped us off I thought "oh dear this looks a bit sketchy" but we were greeted by a server and walked to a table in the shade.  Very pretty palapas and palm trees kept us cool as Gabriel our waiter brought samples of lime margarita.  We ordered a large margarita ($7) and enjoyed the beach breeze.  There were vendors milling around but they were respectful when we said "no thank you".  I did buy a t shirt for my DH from a vendor and bought 2 souvenir coffee mugs and a plate from the shop near the rest room.  Had a nice conversation with Juan about his local church that he is the pastor.  I also had a terrific hour long massage on the beach on a massage table by a female masseuse for $20.

Mauricio came by and was charming as he made sure we were comfortable.  

Next time we go to Costa Maya we will go back to The Krazy Lobster!

lobster.jpg

beach.jpg

view.jpg

Did you negotiate the massage price?

47 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

No, I thought $20 was very fair.  

It for sure is! I just thought you had perhaps negotiated it down to that awesome price. Good Beach, good food, good drinks and inexpensive massage sounds like my kind of shore excursion. I think we may just have to go check out Krazy Lobster! Thanks for your and everyone else’s input!

Edited by zanydoc

Just now, zanydoc said:

It for sure is! I just thought you had perhaps negotiated it down to that awesome price. 

Earlier in the day, the masseuses' approached me and asked if I wanted an hour long massage for $20.  I said maybe later.  About an hour later they asked if I wanted a 30 minute massage for $10.  I said sure.  Then when I realized how awesome my masseuse was, I asked if we could do the $20 for an hour.  My body was like butter!  I also think me getting a massage helped generate business for them since the tables filled up after my session.

• Like 1

We also went to Krazy Lobster after hearing about it on CC.  Highly recommend!  Taxi is $8 each way.  Prices are fair and food was really good. My DH got a massage for $20 (he tipped an additional $10) and said it was wonderful.  They do have a deal for buckets of beers if you are interested.  There are a lot of beach vendors, but they will respect a polite no thanks.  Water was clear and no seaweed thanks to the barriers.  Had a great time! Thanks for the recommendation.  We will go back with our whole family next year! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arlodog said:

We also went to Krazy Lobster after hearing about it on CC.  Highly recommend!  Taxi is $8 each way.  Prices are fair and food was really good. My DH got a massage for $20 (he tipped an additional $10) and said it was wonderful.  They do have a deal for buckets of beers if you are interested.  There are a lot of beach vendors, but they will respect a polite no thanks.  Water was clear and no seaweed thanks to the barriers.  Had a great time! Thanks for the recommendation.  We will go back with our whole family next year! 

Good to know and mostly as I expected. We hope to try next year. Were they full size beers - I had heard they served Coronitas?

12 hours ago, arlodog said:

Thanks so much for the update! We will be there next week and always choose the Krazy Lobster when in Costa Maya. Our last time there was our last cruise, Thanksgiving 2019, so I am thankful to hear a recent update, especially about the seaweed because that has been bad some years we have visited. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, arlodog said:

Do they have music and fun games like shots, etc?  I remember being at Tropicante years ago and seeing a fun place close to that.