Krazy Lobster

Jeal

5 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Do they have music and fun games like shots, etc?  I remember being at Tropicante years ago and seeing a fun place close to that.

I didn't see any Krazy Lobster organized games.  And there was music playing, like Latin jazz. Super chill!

Krazy Lobster has expanded to take in about 4-5 other beach clubs on either side. tones of signs with arrow pointing to the beach saying Krazy Lobster. Almost like seeing the old "Burma Shave" signs walking down the malecon. 

What good about the malecon is the fencing traps to keep the sargassum off the beach. 

What's bad is that many places are closed (notably, Ibsa sunset and Pitaya), others look very run down. And almost all had porticos with  souvenirs and knickknacks for sale.  Don't like someone's Mahahual medallion, maybe the same one next door will work.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, packedandready said:

What are entrance costs? Can't seem to find anything on their website.

PAYG.

From TA:

ABOUT
The place where you can sample the delights of the sea with the variety of dishes we offer for you ... All at the edge of the Caribbean, safe and friendly environment, Personalized Attention to Their Owners. Offering all the facilities for free. Palapas Showers Baths Loungers Parasols Private Parking Hammocks Kayaks ..... Hope your visit! Also offer them as Aquatic and Terrestrial Service: Snorkel Tour, banana, fishing, diving, snorkeling equipment rental, swimming with dolphins, ATVs, golf carts, bicycles, Segway and many more.

menus posted in post#6

On 12/6/2021 at 4:44 AM, tbmrt said:

Do they have music and fun games like shots, etc?  I remember being at Tropicante years ago and seeing a fun place close to that.

Also hate Tropicante is closed after going there for many years.  

Now will give Krazy Lobster a try!  

48 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Also hate Tropicante is closed after going there for many years.  

Now will give Krazy Lobster a try!  

Tropicante is not closed according to recent reviews. It is being run by the old manager until it is sold. I don’t know if she is going to buy it.

we may also give Krazy Lobster or Jaimies a try as we have several upcoming visits and like to ring the changes but hoping Malecon 21 has survived and maintained its service and quality.

Edited by c-leg5

They were serving full sized Corona when we were there in November.  We sat right by the stairs going into the water.  There was sandy beach all along the waterfront.  The water was beautiful and a gradual slope into the water.  I didn't get up and wander around--just saw the kayaks and boats available down the beach a way.  It was only about 80 degrees the day we were there--we just enjoy watching the waves and sitting on the beach.  A quick walk across the walkway to the bathrooms--the perfect spot for us!  The music is not loud.  Like someone else described, kind of a soothing jazz.  Depending on the crowd; I am sure you could get a party vibe going on.  The day we were there was pretty chill. 

We just went in November. Stopped by Tropicante first to check it out due to reviews. We stayed there for a bit, it was nice. Then we wandered down to see Krazy Lobster (not a far walk at all). Krazy Lobster had $1 beers and $10 30min massages. Totally awesome. Both places were really good tho lots of beach hawkers. If you get pissed easily being bothered by them you may want to avoid this area.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, ricflyer said:

Thanks no problem walking!!

OK, you need to walk the length of the pier and through the port to the exit.

Taxi dispatch used to be outside the port gates and drop off inside but recent reports have been that you can pick  up a taxi just before the port exit gates.  Should be $8 for a taxi for up to 4 people,  about  5 - 10 minute ride.

when you get out of taxi walk towards the ocean and be sure you end up where you want to be, Costa Maya is renowned for hawkers trying to take you to “their” location.

Edited by c-leg5

On 1/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, c-leg5 said:

OK, you need to walk the length of the pier and through the port to the exit.

Taxi dispatch used to be outside the port gates and drop off inside but recent reports have been that you can pick  up a taxi just before the port exit gates.  Should be $8 for a taxi for up to 4 people,  about  5 - 10 minute ride.

when you get out of taxi walk towards the ocean and be sure you end up where you want to be, Costa Maya is renowned for hawkers trying to take you to “their” location.

All recent reports, and our experience on December 31st, is that taxi rates are $4 per person each way.  So it would be $16 for a group of four.  Every driver was quoting the same and when I saw someone try to negotiate it was a firm $4 per person.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acpalmer said:

All recent reports, and our experience on December 31st, is that taxi rates are $4 per person each way.  So it would be $16 for a group of four.  Every driver was quoting the same and when I saw someone try to negotiate it was a firm $4 per person.  

It will make no difference to us as we are a party of two. I will expect a taxi just for us if that is their game. I feel sorry for families of four or more. That is a ridiculous price given the distance and the local rate. I would like to see the official card the the drivers are supposed to carry with union rates. 

I suspect this is due to the disputes with transport that occurred with early sailings. Do I take it Captain Charlie no longer works at dispatch station?

11 hours ago, my1stcruise said:

Do you need a reservation?

No, but I reached out to the owner Mauricio via Messenger to confirm they would be open.  He was friendly and professional.  The Krazy Lobster has a lot of tables so Unless they are closed the day you are in Costa Maya you shouldn't have a problem getting a table.  Have fun!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Yes!  My mom and I split the lobster with butter ($20) and it was very tasty. When the taxi dropped us off I thought "oh dear this looks a bit sketchy" but we were greeted by a server and walked to a table in the shade.  Very pretty palapas and palm trees kept us cool as Gabriel our waiter brought samples of lime margarita.  We ordered a large margarita ($7) and enjoyed the beach breeze.  There were vendors milling around but they were respectful when we said "no thank you".  I did buy a t shirt for my DH from a vendor and bought 2 souvenir coffee mugs and a plate from the shop near the rest room.  Had a nice conversation with Juan about his local church that he is the pastor.  I also had a terrific hour long massage on the beach on a massage table by a female masseuse for $20.

Mauricio came by and was charming as he made sure we were comfortable.  

Next time we go to Costa Maya we will go back to The Krazy Lobster!

lobster.jpg

beach.jpg

view.jpg

Thank you for sharing.  Your day sounds like the perfect plan for me.  We'll be there 3/12!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BirmanCrazy said:

Are there Loungers with umbrellas available for rent?  Any hammocks?

I see loungers in this pic I took of Krazy Lobster from the water.  I don't know about umbrellas.  Mom and I stayed in the shade at our table.  Not sure if it's first come first served and comes with lunch or you rent them. I see hammocks in the background of my pics.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 6:03 AM, Nicudawn said:

I've seen people mention snorkeling trips, by boat, from Krazy Lobster.  Do you need to make reservations for these outings?

Look up The Krazy Lobster on FB and message the owner.  He is quick to respond.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:03 AM, Nicudawn said:

I've seen people mention snorkeling trips, by boat, from Krazy Lobster.  Do you need to make reservations for these outings?

Not absolutely necessary, but given the increasing number of people docking, if it is something you definitely want to do it wouldn’t hurt as there are obviously limited number of snorkel boats. 

Several threads on snorkeling and booking direct also.

• 1 month later...

We are planning on going to the Krazy lobster in November 27th  cruise  NCL.  Sounds like the beach we go to in Puerto Vallarta . So one thing I see taxi ride is $4.00 or $8.00 there will be a bunch of us going together . We have always negotiated cab rides in Mexico  .