Nice pricing to Alaska this October

BermudaBound2014

I've been monitoring pricing for October Encore. We ended up committing to a 3 week hiking trip thru Grand Teton/Yellowstone (crossing fingers for some snow to clear the air), but maybe someone else can benefit from the lowered prices. These are just published fares. You can expect another 10% off plus some additional SBC if you use a brokerage agency. I do expect prices to drop another 10-15% as time draws nearer. 

image.png.6f6b384dd997732fb550886e93690522.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Whoa, that's really pushing the season out. The daylight will be closing in. Full daylight won't start until 7:00am or later and it will be dark by 6:30pm.

It's always sunny when I'm on a cruise ship!  😎

Thanks @bermudabound2014.  Apparently some folks prefer to look at the dark side of these things.  I'm more of a "sunny side of the street" person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

There's a reason prices are lower for Alaska in October......

I asked Shore Ex Staff about this and they are like "yeahhhh dunno what people will think about Alaska in Oct"  

I think it would be a unique/different experience!  If I had the money and time off, I'd hop back on in a heartbeat! 

8 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I asked Shore Ex Staff about this and they are like "yeahhhh dunno what people will think about Alaska in Oct"  

Fortunately, we've been on enough AK cruises that there really aren't any "must do" shore excursions at this point.  We'll likely ride that tram in Juneau since it's free (with the ShorEx promo) for all but one of our party.  I doubt the weather will matter for that.  If October means less people and a calmer cruise, then sign me up!!  (actually, I'm already signed up....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Fortunately, we've been on enough AK cruises that there really aren't any "must do" shore excursions at this point.  We'll likely ride that tram in Juneau since it's free (with the ShorEx promo) for all but one of our party.  I doubt the weather will matter for that.  If October means less people and a calmer cruise, then sign me up!!  (actually, I'm already signed up....)

you know how people are, they will blame NCL for the weather lol 

• Haha 1

We look forward to finding out on the October 16th sailing; thermal suite, beverages, cruising, looking out a different window for a change…all we need! And some unseasonably clear weather and beautiful scenery wouldn’t hurt!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baxter68 said:

We look forward to finding out on the October 16th sailing; thermal suite, beverages, cruising, looking out a different window for a change…all we need! And some unseasonably clear weather and beautiful scenery wouldn’t hurt!

Amen Brother!!  I know the scenery will be beautiful and cloudy weather is something that I really enjoy. 😎

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Royal Caribbean wouldn't be on my radar for Alaska since they don't go to Glacier Bay National Park.

We used to think the same.  We love Glacier Bay, but we also love Ketchikan.  Unfortunately NCL has made it virtually impossible to do both touring Ketchikan and take an excursion while docked at Ward Cove.  We will be looking at other cruise lines for our Alaska trips. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mianmike said:

We used to think the same.  We love Glacier Bay, but we also love Ketchikan.  Unfortunately NCL has made it virtually impossible to do both touring Ketchikan and take an excursion while docked at Ward Cove.  We will be looking at other cruise lines for our Alaska trips. 

It's not impossible to do both. I had an NCL tour that left at 1pm. We got to Ketchikan for sure by 9am (might have even been 8am) and I totally could have taken the shuttle to go downtown and been back in time for my 1pm excursion. Alas, I was lazy and just slept in. But I had friends who did take the shuttle to Ketchikan and they were back on the boat before we went to our 1pm excursion.