I'm pretty sure the dress code has changed

lissie

Having followed this topic from the beginning i am now 90% sure a Cunard cruise is NOT for us despite it being on my bucket list and my love of 'formal' wear. We're a hard working still at 55/60 (logistics and construction) couple who have worked through all the pandemic and havent had a holiday for over two years and thought a Cunard cruise would be a treat but some of the comments here and in other reviews i have read as regards snobbery have really put me off. 😩

17 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Having followed this topic from the beginning i am now 90% sure a Cunard cruise is NOT for us despite it being on my bucket list and my love of 'formal' wear. We're a hard working still at 55/60 (logistics and construction) couple who have worked through all the pandemic and havent had a holiday for over two years and thought a Cunard cruise would be a treat but some of the comments here and in other reviews i have read as regards snobbery have really put me off. 😩

Please PLEASE believe me, the elitist comments you have read, here and elsewhere are NOT  typical of 95% [I must allow for  a minor percentage or their views wouldn't have been aired]  of Cunard passengers. 

Not. One. Jot.

Please book. You'll have a marvellous time.

• Like 3

I echo the above. You will have a lovely time and meet some really nice people. Please give it a go. Ignore the nastier comments here. Cunard is great. I love it, and have absolutely no interest in clothes. Do go.

Edited by exlondoner
Illiteracy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Having followed this topic from the beginning i am now 90% sure a Cunard cruise is NOT for us despite it being on my bucket list and my love of 'formal' wear. We're a hard working still at 55/60 (logistics and construction) couple who have worked through all the pandemic and havent had a holiday for over two years and thought a Cunard cruise would be a treat

We are a hard working couple in our upper 40s… and I promise you that the onboard Cunard experience is delightful, peaceful, full of interesting learning experiences (like the wonderful lectures and activities), delicious food, gorgeous ships, and terrific itineraries.

I still email with the friends we made on board- and we live on opposite sides of the world… I still look back at each and every picture from our last Cunard voyage with great joy, and I look forward to our next.

I hope that you will reconsider and try Cunard someday.

There are so many fantastic things about the line.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Having followed this topic from the beginning i am now 90% sure a Cunard cruise is NOT for us despite it being on my bucket list and my love of 'formal' wear. 

Then Cunard definitely *is* for you.  Lovely ships and beautifully dressed fellow passengers. There is nothing like walking throughout the elegant QM2 on a formal night and seeingeveryone all dressed-up.  The scene is visually harmonious and a unique experience. Fancy hotels at holiday time are probably the closest one can come to a typical formal night on a Cunarder.  The vibe isn't "we're better than you" snobbery, but rather a "isn't this the greatest ever?" child-like enthusiasm.  Or is that just me?  

Do yourself (and your dinner jacket and/or ball gown) a favor and give it a try.  🙂 

Edited by ClipperinSFO
typo
  • Like 3

There really is some right nonsense discussed here.

My wife and I have only travelled a couple of dozen times in QG, so perhaps I don't know what  I'm talking about.

However, I've yet to come across "snobbery" in QG. Outside of the restaurant, who knows what grade you spent your hard earned cash on. 

On the other hand, I have experienced a few "catty" remarks from people who found out we were in QG. On one occasion, we were followed out of the lift on Deck 12 by someone who wanted to see "how the other half live", and as we all know she should have mentioned the other 10% (not half).

Some old bat wearing shorts on a formal night once told my wife (who was wearing a lovely long dress) that she looked "despicable".

The point is, anywhere that you have a couple of thousand people, it's guaranteed that there will be a few numpties amongst them. Fortunately on Cunard they seem few and far between, just like the snobs that I've never met.

Stewart

• Like 2