Fall Frenzy Promotion

Gretchendz

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

I thought the 50% deposits continued into the Fall Frenzy sale... is that not the case?

Ouch!  I have to wonder why people pay these outrageous deposits rather than using Future Cruise Deposits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Ouch!  I have to wonder why people pay these outrageous deposits rather than using Future Cruise Deposits.

Who has future cruise deposits these days!?

During our last cruise in February 2020, we decided not to buy any, as we had 3 more cruises booked later in the year, and two more for 2021.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My original (Grand Princess B2B 3/22/20 & 3/29/20) FCC didn't cover deposits,  my October cancelation had a FCD on it which was returned as FCC but by then FCC could cover deposits if I had enough (500 covered 12/9/21 cruise). I did buy 1 more FCD on my cruise last month & it's the 3/2023 cruise deposit. I'll get 1 more in 3 months 

4 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Just thought I'd start a thread on the new Fall Frenzy promotion. What are your thoughts? Were you able to get more on board credit?

Yes. Refared 3/2023 cruise secured with FCD bought last month. Transferred all FCC to an earlier voyage where there wasnt a price break. This price was only $2 lower but added 100 OBC (solo obstructed balcony)

So I have three cabins booked under Best Sale Ever for April 10 2022 Discovery Princess.  Knowing that sometimes you can double up promos, I called in.  On the two minisuites the price has increased significantly.  On the balcony cabin, the price was the same but I would lose the benefits of the BSE--so definitely not something to do.

More and more, it seems, the best deals come if you book very early (or at the very last minute).

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Because the return is getting smaller and smaller. It used to be $100 got an OBC of $100. Now it's been diminished to $50 or $25 unless it's a longer cruise. I can hold onto my money much better then an corporation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Agree, but a lot of people do not buy enough.  I used to buy one when I started them years ago.  Now, I buy 3 or 4.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Who has future cruise deposits these days!?

During our last cruise in February 2020, we decided not to buy any, as we had 3 more cruises booked later in the year, and two more for 2021.

I had enough supply to last.  I also buy EVERY cruise because you never know what happens next.  I sometimes overbuy, so I can get rid of my older ones that might expire.  They can be refunded on request.

• Like 1

I have to call Princess about a FCD. They have applied one that doesn't expire soon to a cruise and have one that does expire soon left unassigned. I've had that fixed before but it's the whole "will I get an answer" thing that has kept me from doing so. I did actually call them about something else last week and the hold time wasn't too bad - especially as I ended up having to be transferred.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I have to call Princess about a FCD. They have applied one that doesn't expire soon to a cruise and have one that does expire soon left unassigned. I've had that fixed before but it's the whole "will I get an answer" thing that has kept me from doing so. I did actually call them about something else last week and the hold time wasn't too bad - especially as I ended up having to be transferred.

I'm actually amazed how short wait times have been.  Had to call them last week at 1pm their time and was only on hold for about a minute or two.  Called this afternoon and the wait time was less then 5 minutes.  In June and July the wait times were terrible.

• Like 1

I emailed my TA yesterday because the price had dropped on my cabins. I told her if she needed to cancel and rebook not to do it because I have EZair booked and it is significantly more than when I originally booked it. She emailed me new confirmations a couple of hours later. I had BSE booked and thought I would lose the specialty dinner but the OBC was greater than the specialty dinner. My new confirm has the lower price, OBC and specialty dinner. I don't see the dinner in the personalizer and can't remember if I could see it before.

7 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I emailed my TA yesterday because the price had dropped on my cabins. I told her if she needed to cancel and rebook not to do it because I have EZair booked and it is significantly more than when I originally booked it. She emailed me new confirmations a couple of hours later. I had BSE booked and thought I would lose the specialty dinner but the OBC was greater than the specialty dinner. My new confirm has the lower price, OBC and specialty dinner. I don't see the dinner in the personalizer and can't remember if I could see it before.

There is no dining info in Cruise Personalizer anymore.

• Like 1