20% discount and OBB

Susanb10567

Have had 3 cruises repriced on the 20% deal, and OBC intact for all, and since 2 were after final payment, OBC was boosted by the difference.  My first leg of a 15 nt B2B is only 5 nts and now shows $2100 in OBC!  To spend it down in 5 days, we'll be using some to purchase wine for both legs, and some to "pre-extra-tip" some crew members for both legs.

2 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

OP here…thanks for your replies…I have been going back and forth with my TA …he says you don’t keep it..but I always thought you did and I have for other cruises..have gone back to him again hopefully it gets resolved

You do get to keep it. I have repriced two reservations with the 20% and both were onboard bookings. But, on one of the reservations, the celebrity agent was clueless and had to speak with a supervisor/resolutions to get it applied. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Not for us in UK unless you use an American agent.

We use both a UK and US agent. Always US for Celebrity as we have never been able to get a better deal here. I’ve contacted her to check for the 2 cruises we have booked.  

20 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

OP here…thanks for your replies…I have been going back and forth with my TA …he says you don’t keep it..but I always thought you did and I have for other cruises..have gone back to him again hopefully it gets resolved

You may need to consider a different more knowledgable TA. Not only did I flip my last onboard booking to a different cruise, I flipped it to a group booking on a different cruise at a substantial saving ($1,000 less than X's current 20% off sale price) and kept my OBB.

My TA changed our reservation on the December 24, 2021 sailing of the Silouhette to reflect the new Celebrity discount, but essentially cancelled and rebooked and while I did not lose the Celebrity OB credit, the TA slashed my $800 credit from them to $325 because their current promotion included a lower credit. i was very disappointed, needless-to-say, and argued that service on an existing, paid-for booking should be treated differently, and not as a cancel/rebook. But they have refused to budge. Has anyone else run into this tryp of OBC problem before, and if so, how did you resilve it? Many thanks!

On 9/16/2021 at 8:26 AM, AlbertaCruisers said:

Yes.  I re-priced two sailings to get price drops and in both cases I was able to keep my OBC for booking onboard.

Same with our re-pricing of our 2 sailings.  OBC remained for both.

48 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Does this only apply only to booking on board?  I did not book on board and I lost my $100 OBC, but I still have to phone them to see if it was an oversight.

If your $100 OBC was tied to another deal, you will likely lose it.  If you are taking the 20% off deal you are essentially rebooking with the deal as it is today, that doesn't include an OBC.  The booking onboard OBC is different because it specifically lets you combine it with 1 other deal, so you can get the 20% off deal and keep the booking onboard OBC.  It really depends what your original $100 OBC was from.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Does this only apply only to booking on board?  I did not book on board and I lost my $100 OBC, but I still have to phone them to see if it was an oversight.

I did not book on board, did so through a call to Celebrity months ago, on Wednesday when I got the new cruise fare discount my $800 OBC for both cruises remains