Changing booking agents?

AVCruzers

I usually book with a big-box travel agency.  Last week late at night, I booked online as the cruise only had 3 club class cabins for a particular cruise.  By the next morning, all disappeared from the screen.  What is the exact procedure to transfer the booking?  Thanks for your help.  

I need some clarification. Did you book online with Princess? What do you mean by "all disappeared from the screen"?

I have booked online with Princess and then transferred it to my TA/ Big Box store.

You have 60 days to do so and there is a procedure. I called my usual TA and they sent me the forms to fax to Princess.

Yes-I booked with Princess and saw only 3 Club Class cabins available.  By the next day, no CC were available as it will be a popular cruise.  What I wanted to know if I should now contact Princess first or travel agency and you answered that.  Thanks.  

Thrax--I was sure you or PamfromCA would know how to do this and then to think you even had a copy of the form.  It will be in the mail tomorrow.  I always read your comments.  Felt so bad during the fires that could have really affected your family more severely than they did.  Maybe someday we will be on same cruise.  We don't like to fly so only plan cruises from LA.  Like you and others, too many cruises cancelled but are still planning Oct. 30 on the Majestic.   We even have a b/b booked on Discovery in April too.  Thanks for the form and  hope you get to cruise soon!  Doris & Dick from Apple Valley.

I believe Princess reduced time to 30 days.  You need to fill in the form and send it to Princess.  It requires certain TA information.  TA can't do anything until you send in the form.  They say it may take up to a week to make the transfer.  I was in a time crunch and sent a separate email asking them to "rush" transfer since I was facing final payment before the week was up.  Done in less than a few hours (don't count on this service).

Best to fill out form on your computer, save as a pdf, and attach.  The one time I added it to the email....it was rejected because it appeared on two pages.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

For transferring a direct booking to a TA the current policy is:

• The booking transfer form must be submitted no later than 60 days after booking has been created and must be outside of the Final Payment period.

As to the rest of your question, once the TA has control of the booking, they can go in and see if your booking "took."  If not, they can see what inventory is available

Good luck!.

Edited by Gretchendz

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

I also use a T/A & if I booked directly with Princess all I have done is to contact my agency with the booking details & they have done the transfer. I’ve never used a form before but that form can be helpful. 

Tom😀

Yes, it used to be more informal where the receiving TA could just do the takeover.  For some time now, the guest has to initiate the request as indicated in above posts and, in effect, authorize the takeover.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, it used to be more informal where the receiving TA could just do the takeover.  For some time now, the guest has to initiate the request as indicated in above posts and, in effect, authorize the takeover.

It may depend on the TA.

In July we made a booking on the phone with Princess.

A few days later we transferred it to a TA with just a phone call to the TA who took care of everything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

It may depend on the TA.

In July we made a booking on the phone with Princess.

A few days later we transferred it to a TA with just a phone call to the TA who took care of everything.

Maybe easier if no money down?  In the past if I did with Princess, I just had it on courtesy hold and let the TA apply the FCD's.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:12 AM, Steelers36 said:

I’ve never had to submit any form as I mentioned my T/A had done everything. 

Tom😀

25 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’ve never had to submit any form as I mentioned my T/A had done everything. 

Tom😀

Your TA would just be signing your name then. As you can see on the form, the  customer needs to sign.

46 minutes ago, nini said:

Your TA would just be signing your name then. As you can see on the form, the  customer needs to sign.

Thanks…If I’m in this situation again I’ll ask my agent it they want me to submit the form. 

Tom😀

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks…If I’m in this situation again I’ll ask my agent it they want me to submit the form. 

Tom😀

Really not that hard to submit it yourself.

1.  Download the form and reopen.  Be sure to have a blank form saved.

2.  Fill in PDF form right from the computer.  Even sign. your name with the computer.

2A.  You will need to type in the information about your travel agent.

3.  SAVE form as PDF

4.  Email to address on from.  **** Make sure to add form as an attachment****. so that it will open as one page.

Reservation Transfer Request Form .pdf

Edited by cr8tiv1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Really not that hard to submit it yourself.

1.  Download the form and reopen.  Be sure to have a blank form saved.

2.  Fill in PDF form right from the computer.  Even sign. your name with the computer.

2A.  You will need to type in the information about your travel agent.

3.  SAVE form as PDF

4.  Email to address on from.  **** Make sure to add form as an attachment****. so that it will open as one page.

Reservation Transfer Request Form .pdf 269.28 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks!

Tom😀

• Like 1