What is the present policy? Or is this still subject to change too?

DJLDRUMS

We're booked on the Symphony from Miami in March 2022, when we disembark we go down to the Jewel on the SAME DAY from the SAME Port. Is this considered a B2B ? Are we supposed to be tested before leaving the Symphony before disembarkation, or be Covid tested during the embarkation on the Jewel? Anyone run into this yet?

It would not be considered a back to back, it is a side to side.  Contact your TA or RC directly, ask if they can point you to the website where it lists the requirements.  With B2Bs, Royal will test you on the ship prior to disembarkation (first half).  You definitely will need another test, the question is whether or not they will test you or not and if you would have to pay for it.  On B2Bs it is covered by Royal, as of right now.

But your cruise is still too far away for an answer of that time.  Protocols will more than likely change multiple times before then.

Edited by TheBucketLister

On 9/19/2021 at 11:40 PM, AustinCruise said:

Don’t even start worrying about it until January. 

Umm...final payments due in December unless the 30 day final payment date is still in effec instead of the 90 day, nevertheless, we'll expect the unexpected to take place. In a recent editorial next to RCI's stock ( that's again slipping) it said that they had expected more passenger revenue in view of how much they have spent on their ships and their operations. I believe people remain cautious on choosing a cruise vacation and will continue to do so. 

I expect the protocols to change at least three more times before you are even close to your final payment date. If the current protocols are still in place in March 2022, there won't be any ships in service for you to sail on. They will all be berthed outside of Bankruptcy court awaiting their disposal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Umm...final payments due in December unless the 30 day final payment date is still in effec instead of the 90 day, nevertheless, we'll expect the unexpected to take place. In a recent editorial next to RCI's stock ( that's again slipping) it said that they had expected more passenger revenue in view of how much they have spent on their ships and their operations. I believe people remain cautious on choosing a cruise vacation and will continue to do so. 

Lots of unknowns now.  Who knows what is going to happen.  They do allow refund once final protocols are announced.  Gives everyone an easy out.

Regarding back to back on different ships, if it were happening soon, I'd consider the emed.com (or the united link) for the online proctored tests.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:35 PM, TheBucketLister said:

It would not be considered a back to back, it is a side to side.  Contact your TA or RC directly, ask if they can point you to the website where it lists the requirements.  With B2Bs, Royal will test you on the ship prior to disembarkation (first half).  You definitely will need another test, the question is whether or not they will test you or not and if you would have to pay for it.  On B2Bs it is covered by Royal, as of right now.

But your cruise is still too far away for an answer of that time.  Protocols will more than likely change multiple times before then.

You're right on the money ! a call to C&A this afternoon told me that whether the cruise is a B2B or a S2S that getting tested (free) on my first ship towards the end of the cruise that the results will be forwarded to the next ship I'm doing. In this case 3/22-3/29 then 3/29- 4/3. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

You're right on the money ! a call to C&A this afternoon told me that whether the cruise is a B2B or a S2S that getting tested (free) on my first ship towards the end of the cruise that the results will be forwarded to the next ship I'm doing. In this case 3/22-3/29 then 3/29- 4/3. 

I did a side 2 side a couple weeks ago. no mention of forwarding my test results. They gave me a signed test result printout which made checking in to the second cruise very easy.

• Like 1

I also printed this FAQ out. Guest Services didn't understand my request for a test appointment on the second day until I showed them this.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

Guest services set up an appointment with medical.

That scheduled day, I tried to go to the testing set up for the kids in the conference center but was turned away and sent to medical, who tried to send me to the conference center and then somewhat reluctantly took the ten minutes to swab my nose. Came back in the afternoon for my test results printout.

Having the FAQ printout helped a lot, I think.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tiger-91 said:

I also printed this FAQ out. Guest Services didn't understand my request for a test appointment on the second day until I showed them this.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

Guest services set up an appointment with medical.

That scheduled day, I tried to go to the testing set up for the kids in the conference center but was turned away and sent to medical, who tried to send me to the conference center and then somewhat reluctantly took the ten minutes to swab my nose. Came back in the afternoon for my test results printout.

Having the FAQ printout helped a lot, I think.

I'll print that link out, thanks for your input. It goes to show you that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. In the case of Royal's protocal I just don't see things changing this year or into the next that will change the industry for the better.

• Like 1

I think the test will be a thing for the foreseeable future. I remember people who thought we would have been fully open, cruising and mask free the summer of 2020. Every time I read about someone waiting until the restriction lessen to cruise, I chuckle. I remember reading in July how test and mask would be a thing of the past come Oct. The sooner people plan for the worst and hope for the better, the less stress they will be.