Aqua - complimentary fitness classes?

mackjack9139

Noticed this on the X website today

"Solstice AquaClass guests enjoy a private veranda, Exhale® bedding, premium bath amenities, massaging showerhead and complimentary fitness classes. Plus, unlimited access to the Persian Garden, complimentary dining at Blu, and personal spa concierge.

Is this a new Aqua perk? I don't remember it from previous Aqua sailings and would definitely take advantage of yoga classes! Also, in typical Celebrity fashion, the website is ambiguous and confusing. https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/aqua-class-stateroom At the top, it mentions "a complimentary fitness pass" which sounds to me like maybe only one class, then down under Solstice it mentions "complimentary fitness classes" which sounds like for the duration of the cruise. Anyone have experience or onboard willing to ask? Thank you! 

I think it's more of a scheduled class that samples a few things, and is more like a pitch.

Otherwise, I think I do recall free classes for all on select days (and very early). Sorry I can not be more detailed. I'm more of a swimmer than a land exerciser.

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

I think it's more of a scheduled class that samples a few things, and is more like a pitch.

Otherwise, I think I do recall free classes for all on select days (and very early). Sorry I can not be more detailed. I'm more of a swimmer than a land exerciser.

Are you the guy swimming when I'm trying to take selfies in the pool?  🙂

Offucial ZUMBA requires a cert instructor and usually involves a fee,

Maybe free videos on the TV??

Thete are free stretching and walks open to all.

Will be interesting to learn what this announced  " perk" is?

Anyone?

Zumba used to be free and they held it in the SkyLounge and there was a lot of participants.  Then Canyon Ranch took over and I think the charge was $11 plus tip per class.  You had to sign up.  Sometimes a free class was held by the pool.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Zumba used to be free and they held it in the SkyLounge and there was a lot of participants.  Then Canyon Ranch took over and I think the charge was $11 plus tip per class.  You had to sign up.  Sometimes a free class was held by the pool.

Pre suspension classes excluding the preview freebies were $18 w/ gratutity.

TravelBluebird: For your classes, did you bring the yoga mat that is reportedly now being provided in your cabin? How is the quality of the mat? (I usually grab gym towels for extra knee cushioning.)

3 free specialized classes though, that's unprecedented. I just saved about 50 bucks for my upcoming Equinox sailing! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

I’m in Aqua Class right now and its 3 free classes per person.

We’ve done some Slow Flow Yogas and the Barre class; husband is out of free classes and I have 1 left; even with the free classes they have been very sparsely attended, probably due to COVID fears.

That is a pleasant surprise.  Thanks much for the update.  How nice to see =X= adding something to the Aqua amenities.   Do you know if suite guests get the same deal?

1 hour ago, marieps said:

That is a pleasant surprise.  Thanks much for the update.  How nice to see =X= adding something to the Aqua amenities.   Do you know if suite guests get the same deal?

My guess would be No.  Just like AQ has free access to the Persian Garden and Suites do not.  

What were the  classes from which you could choose?

Pre Covid cruise we had 2 mats on EDGE (AQ class) in our  small closet.

They took up so much room  so we slid them under the bed or couch.  No way they could be used in the tiny stateroom.  And no free classes...only some stuff on TV..not useful. 

2 hours ago, marieps said:

AQ really does need a boost...On our  pre Covid EDGE cruise, in AQ Class,   the only AQ class inclusions were Thermal Suite access and BLU...Lack of priority boarding, no spa concierge or freebies and  no special events.  And our entire AQ deck git very low group numbers for departure..which we all traded in at Guest Rel..

Concierge has been beefed up..On our cruise,  CC guests boarded ahead of AQ class to make the 1st day luncheon & they  had more personal attention and get togethers..including a party in the area in front of the thermal suite.

Our next cruise is set for a suite but we will likely end up back in AQ after that..so hoping it is more of a spa like experience..  Free  classes are a great start...would be nice to have a pvt party one night in the Solarium for a few hrs, water aerobics and some health and wellness lectures that are not overt sales pitches for whatever the gym or spa are selling!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Just back from the Alaska cruise on the Millennium. Celebrity is offering a free aerobics program, Stair Masters. You book a cabin on a lower deck and walk the stairs to the bars and buffets on the pool deck. 

...Boo ..cheap joke. I know, that's why I take the elevator.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, hcat said:

AQ really does need a boost...On our  pre Covid EDGE cruise, in AQ Class,   the only AQ class inclusions were Thermal Suite access and BLU...Lack of priority boarding, no spa concierge or freebies and  no special events.  And our entire AQ deck git very low group numbers for departure..which we all traded in at Guest Rel..

Concierge has been beefed up..On our cruise,  CC guests boarded ahead of AQ class to make the 1st day luncheon & they  had more personal attention and get togethers..including a party in the area in front of the thermal suite.

Our next cruise is set for a suite but we will likely end up back in AQ after that..so hoping it is more of a spa like experience..  Free  classes are a great start...would be nice to have a pvt party one night in the Solarium for a few hrs, water aerobics and some health and wellness lectures that are not overt sales pitches for whatever the gym or spa are selling!

I found AQ on Edge a disappointment.  Blu in a weird location.  We were never offered al fresco dining.  The IV was annoying.  If I sail E class again it will be suite or SV.

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I found AQ on Edge a disappointment.  Blu in a weird location.  We were never offered al fresco dining.  The IV was annoying.  If I sail E class again it will be suite or SV.

In BLU  on EDGE,  No one ate outdoors  although the tables were included in the BLU capacity count.  View was AWFUL and drapes were always. closed. Very loud venue with a  bad location out of the way on the corridor to EDEN. We were okay with IV but  made it part of the cabin 

On a return cruise, Sv was much better we enjoyed the 4 mdr plan..large balcony, larger stateroom!

12 hours ago, hcat said:

In BLU  on EDGE,  No one ate outdoors  although the tables were included in the BLU capacity count.  View was AWFUL and drapes were always. closed. Very loud venue with a  bad location out of the way on the corridor to EDEN. We were okay with IV but  made it part of the cabin 

On a return cruise, Sv was much better we enjoyed the 4 mdr plan..large balcony, larger stateroom!

That's the thing.  Blu is of little advantage on E class because there is no huge MDR from which you are upgrading.  I regret having missed the 4 dining room experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, TeaBag said:

zumba was free on Edge when I sailed July 2021

On 9/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, marieps said:

no suite guests do not get the same deal; we pay for fitness classes oddly enough.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:51 PM, hcat said:

Thank you for confirming our decision NOT to book Aqua class on our first Edge cruise.

11 minutes ago, jmfdr said:

Thank you for confirming our decision NOT to book Aqua class on our first Edge cruise.

I book Aqua because I like Blu and we're not in suites.  If I was on Edge with all the restaurant choices, I wouldn't do it either.

I would love to cruise on Beyond, so I could try Daniel Boulud's restaurant.   Maybe some day.