free drink package question

daddyslittle girl

You get the classic beverage package which covers drinks, beer, wine & soda up to $9, doesn't cover too much except very basic drinks. You can upgrade to premium for $12 per person per day which gives a better variety of brands, cocktails and better wines. Here's a link to a chart which compares the packages to help you decide whether to upgrade.

www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

Pretty much all basic cocktails will be covered by the $9 limit. But they will be made with "well" liquor, not higher quality. If you drink mixed drinks, probably the classic package is good for you. If you like to drink straight liquor or just with soda or water, you may want to upgrade. Also if you are a wine drinker there are better wines on the premium package. I suggest you wait until on board, try the drinks available to you in the classic package that you now have, and if you think you need to upgrade to premium, do so on board. The cost will be prorated depending on number of days left of your cruises after the upgrade. 

I am curious about gratuities for drinks with the All Included. Does the $9 max limit cover the gratuity? If I order a drink that costs more than $7.50, would I end up with a charge on my account since the gratuity (20%) would put me over the $9 limit?

2 minutes ago, rjbagg said:

I am curious about gratuities for drinks with the All Included. Does the $9 max limit cover the gratuity? If I order a drink that costs more than $7.50, would I end up with a charge on my account since the gratuity (20%) would put me over the $9 limit?

No

If you go over $9 on the Classic package, you pay the difference between $9 and the price, and a 20% tip on that difference as well.  Tips are built into the package, though you are welcome to add more if you like.

So with a Classic package, if you order a $9 drink, it's $0.  If you order a $10 drink, it's $1 + $0.20 = $1.20 for your $10 drink.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, canderson said:

If you go over $9 on the Classic package, you pay the difference between $9 and the price, and a 20% tip on that difference as well.  Tips are built into the package, though you are welcome to add more if you like.

So with a Classic package, if you order a $9 drink, it's $0.  If you order a $10 drink, it's $1 + $0.20 = $1.20 for your $10 drink.

I like an Aperol spritzer in the afternoon. This will be first time with basic beverage package. Does anyone know the uograded price. Don't want to switch to premium as dont drink enough. 

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I like an Aperol spritzer in the afternoon. This will be first time with basic beverage package. Does anyone know the uograded price. Don't want to switch to premium as dont drink enough. 

During my 7 night Apex sailing couple of weeks ago, I upgraded to the Premium Package and they charged me $84 for those 7 days. But I think that includes 10% discount for Elite Captain's Club members.

So assuming that is the case, grossing up $84 without discount, it would come out to $93~. So that comes out to $12-$13/days

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Aperol is so inexpensive that, if they have it aboard, it should really be included in the Classic package.  I can buy a 750 in the Denver area for $17.  It's a bit bitter for my taste (ditto Campari), but I'm pretty sensitive to bitter flavors.  We need someone on an X ship that has it to pipe up!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

During my 7 night Apex sailing couple of weeks ago, I upgraded to the Premium Package and they charged me $84 for those 7 days. But I think that includes 10% discount for Elite Captain's Club members.

So assuming that is the case, grossing up $84 without discount, it would come out to $93~. So that comes out to $12-$13/days

The cost to upgrade without a discount is $10+ 20% gratuity, $84 for 7 days.

The 10% discount is for upgrading before boarding, you have to call to upgrade with the discount.  If you upgrade via the Cruise Planner the discount doesn’t get applied.