So Much For the "Free Night Hotel & Transfers"

doowopbob

We booked our first Regent Cruise for May,  Monte Carlo to London.  We are in a Penthouse so supposedly were able to take advantage of the "free" hotel stay or if we chose a $380 credit.  We decided to take the hotel with transfers.  Notified by our TA that Regent is not offering this for our cruise since they couldn't get any hotels in Monte Carlo (something I find hard to believe).  Therefore we have to make our own arrangements.  However, no problem with a post cruise package in London.   If they couldn't get a hotel in Monte Carlo why couldn't they get one in Nice which is where we land.  Don't advertise something which they make sound like a big benefit (even though you're paying for it) and then say "Sorry you're on your own"

On 9/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, RetiredandTravel said:

Looks like tons of availability at the Hotel Monte Carlo Bay 5/6-8.  Did you make your own air arrangements?  That can change things.

No I am using Regent Air.  Called Regent direct and being told the same " no availability"  The agent is sending an e-mail to get a further explanation for all the good that's going to do.  With the Regent Air we were denied the only non-stop from NYC to Nice.  They put us on a waitlist.  Not a good start to our first Regent Cruise.

53 minutes ago, doowopbob said:

No I am using Regent Air.  Called Regent direct and being told the same " no availability"  The agent is sending an e-mail to get a further explanation for all the good that's going to do.  With the Regent Air we were denied the only non-stop from NYC to Nice.  They put us on a waitlist.  Not a good start to our first Regent Cruise.

Hi, we just booked Regent air to TLV from SFO ( United ) and were told we were on a wait list. We were told this is the airlines doing. Three days later we were confirmed.

7 minutes ago, captjohn said:

Hi, we just booked Regent air to TLV from SFO ( United ) and were told we were on a wait list. We were told this is the airlines doing. Three days later we were confirmed.

Yes we were told this to.  Been a couple of months, haven't heard anything.

17 minutes ago, doowopbob said:

Yes we were told this to.  Been a couple of months, haven't heard anything.

You may want to check with Regent again.  Sometimes it makes sense to call them again to put a bee in their bonnet!  It can be as simple as they forgot to contact you and you won't see it on your reservation until a month or two before your cruise.

You still have plenty of time to cancel maybe check if Seabourn or Silversea have a similar cruise and make your own flights.  I'm guessing the cruise is full because of FCC.  IMO Regent treats frequent cruisers great and is indifferent towards new cruisers.   I am a little surprised they aren't taking more of an interest being you are in a Penthouse Suite.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
typo

If I have this correct, Regent begins air booking 210 prior to the cruise. My TA always calls Regent at that time requesting non-stop only for the air.  There is a one time fee for the deviation and we always arrive a day or two earlier and maybe a day or two after.  We have never had a problem with the Regent air with our deviations. We have always had to wait for confirmation but Regent has always been good with these arrangements.  But this was before Covid.  The airlines alone have not resumed all flights schedules yet. 

1 hour ago, zak477 said:

If I have this correct, Regent begins air booking 210 prior to the cruise. My TA always calls Regent at that time requesting non-stop only for the air.  There is a one time fee for the deviation and we always arrive a day or two earlier and maybe a day or two after.  We have never had a problem with the Regent air with our deviations. We have always had to wait for confirmation but Regent has always been good with these arrangements.  But this was before Covid.  The airlines alone have not resumed all flights schedules yet. 

270 days before.

• Like 1