How likely is it and by how much will suite pricing change

Jayleonis

10 minutes ago, Jayleonis said:

I got a quote for 11k for a loft suite. How often or likely is it this price will go down later. How much do sales take these prices down 

I don’t think general sales change much. They are all the same with a different name. 

Some ships/cabins do get repriced depending on how well they sell. That happens frequently. 

with Covid, who knows. My JS dropped $2500 after final and now I have OBC. 

Best sale I’ve seen is the kids sail free…..that is of course if you have kids.  What you do is book a 2 bedroom suite with 2 adults and 2 kids…that gives you the price of the suite.  Once that is confirmed then add 2 more adults in the other room and they will also only pay port charges since the original booking is already done and they pay the same price as the 3rd and 4th guests which are kids and free.  

Paid $9K for Crown Loft (3 people - Symphony 10/2/21) 16 months out.  I never had a price drop but have seen the price climb.  Believe current price is right around $14K.  I know there are plenty of Crown Loft available at this time.

My rule of thumb is for a cruise & cabin that I want -  "book it when you see it and hope for price drops along the way"

• Like 2

I agree with pasodancer; booked a family suite for February 2022 earlier this year called in recently to see if a current special will be a savings to my original booking and was told my suite increased in price since original booking by $3200. That old saying of the price is determined by supply and demand rings true. 

• Like 1

Suites are a little different than regular rooms.  It’s all about supply and demand - sales have very little impact.

Booked 2br aquatheater (star class) for March 18 wonder.  Paid $15.2 which I thought was high.  A 1br (sky class) on same sailing is now $17.1.  

At the same time, our May 2022 junior suite on Adventure has come down about $500, which our TA has price adjusted for us.

If you see something you want at a price you are willing to pay, book it and watch prices.

It seems that all suite prices have climbed recently (or are not dropping).  I suspect it’s maybe because people are jumping on them to get the 4 points per night and Royal is charging a premium.  They are way out of line with below suite prices. 
Hopefully they’ll settle a little after the end of this month. 

• Like 2

Anyone who has a crystal ball that good also has their own yacht.

As mentioned, waiting more often results in disappointment rather than benefit, especially with suites. If you are happy with today's price, book it (and a if you can improve your price later).

While I agree that suite prices have been going ever-higher in most cases, there are a few cases where even the high-end suites have come down some.  The price on our 1-9 and 1-23 Oasis Owners Panoramic suite (SC) have both come down ~$500 PP in the past 4-5 days.  These prices are still slightly higher than what we paid when we booked almost 2 years ago but they are down from the extremely high peak price in the recent past.