Regent gateway city for included business air

bitob

Can anyone tell me if there are any cities on West Coast from which Regent flies you business class to Europe without a coach connection?

If not, is Chicago a gateway city?

I assume Phoenix is not

Edited by bitob

Aloha Bitob,

From Hawaii at least, Regent [or the airlines (United)] always arranges Business Class seats throughout our itineraries to Europe.  It might be that the itineraries are always with the same carrier or another European carrier with their alliance.  

When using United, we usually fly HNL-ORD-Europe.

Depending on your departure and destination cities, you'll more often than not have at least one connection on either end (in my experience, at least).  That's where the $175/pp for the Air Deviation comes in handy - we always try and minimize the non-Business Class portions of our flights.

For us, that's part of the fun - finding our flights and then letting Regent know which ones we want.  They've been very accommodating over the years.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CruzC2C said:

We live just outside of Tucson and Regent books us on British Airways, nonstop from PHX to LHR and onward.   They have also allowed us to fly on American from TUS to DFW to LHR with a deviation fee , etc. 

Excellent -- AA also has a direct flight to Europe from PHX.  I am sure it will work out.  Thanks

• Like 1

It's possible to fly to Amsterdam on business (yay Delta One!) out of Portland. I *think* London is also possible, too. Outbound to London we had coach to Seattle (one hour) then business out of Seattle. On the return flights where we had a connection, it was first class, not coach from where they dropped us back in North America to Portland. (Except if they dropped us in Seattle, since the Horizon flights are <1 hr and rarely offer 1st class).

If the flights don't agree with you when they give you your itinerary, you can pay for a change that suits you better.

16 hours ago, RELS said:

If the flights don't agree with you when they give you your itinerary, you can pay for a change that suits you better.

The one issue with this is that by the time Regent issues your itinerary it may be too late to get the actual flights you want.  It's my understanding they only contract for a limited number of seats and when those are gone, they're gone.

I think most people who are particular about their specific flights choose them early and just pay the deviation to make sure you get the routing you really want.

Edited to add - might want to read through the 'Regent Air with and without Air Deviation' sticky.  A ton of information in there...

Edited by UUNetBill
Added info

On 9/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, bitob said:

thanks so much.  We live in Tucson so Phoenix works out perfectly

I strongly suggest you check out the Flights sticky.  The topic of Phoenix as a geteway was discussed there a while back.  Apparently not as clear-cut as one would hope as I recall.

15 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

I strongly suggest you check out the Flights sticky.  The topic of Phoenix as a geteway was discussed there a while back.  Apparently not as clear-cut as one would hope as I recall.

I can also easily take the Southwest bus to LA

I will check it out

Thx

We live near Tucson  ( OV ) also and fly out of PHX all the time. We have gone to DFW, JFK, SFO,SEA and more to Europe, and Asia, etc. all Bus or better. By the way when going out of PHX we go the day before and stay at the Hyatt Place /Tempe, they let us park free. We have been on 30 day trips with no charge. Oh if we can't stay on our way out of town we have stayed on our return. The room are basic but clean. Yes, we are on this cruise, just waiting for our Doc's.

Captjohn, do they have a shuttle to the airport (I’m guessing they must).  Which cruise are you on?  We are on Splendor Athens to Miami next month.

Edited by tnr

9 minutes ago, tnr said:

Captjohn, do they have a shuttle to the airport (I’m guessing they must).  Which cruise are you on?  We are on Splendor Athens to Miami next month.

Yes they do.Just ask for the Parking signup sheet.On the way back once you have your bags, call and they will pick you up, about 15 min.. Just a heads up, look out for " spring training" all the prices go up during that period. 

We are on the Explorer Oct. 31 BCN- MIA

Captjohn - We are also on the Oct 31 BCN-MIA on Explorer.  Flying out of PHX on BA in business class.  But instead of driving to PHX and spending the night, we are taking the short flight from TUS-PHX to connect with BA. Most likely we will be on the same plane (s) as you.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tnr said:

Hey Terri

We will just wave to you….as we are sailing on Splendor just after you arrive in Miami. Sorry to miss you. 
sheila and Herb

1 hour ago, CruzC2C said:

Captjohn - We are also on the Oct 31 BCN-MIA on Explorer.  Flying out of PHX on BA in business class.  But instead of driving to PHX and spending the night, we are taking the short flight from TUS-PHX to connect with BA. Most likely we will be on the same plane (s) as you.  

Cruz, you must live on the east side close to the airport. Our BA flights 288 and 476 in Bus.looks like we will get there at the same time😀 Are plan is to drive over have a little something to eat leave our car at the Hyatt and see you at the gate. 

Where are you staying in BCN w/ Regent  or on your own ?

Captjohn - Actually, we are south of Tucson, Green Valley/Sahuarita area.  We are also on flights 288 & 476.  Regent has us overnighting at the Majestic Hotel & Spa, how about you?  Really looking forward to this trip.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CruzC2C said:

Captjohn - Actually, we are south of Tucson, Green Valley/Sahuarita area.  We are also on flights 288 & 476.  Regent has us overnighting at the Majestic Hotel & Spa, how about you?  Really looking forward to this trip.

We will be staying at the Hotel Miramar.Long story. 

14 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hey Terri

We will just wave to you….as we are sailing on Splendor just after you arrive in Miami. Sorry to miss you. 
sheila and Herb

Sheila, someday we will make it another cruise together.  My best to you and Herb, and enjoy your cruise!!!!

• Like 1