Celebrity MoveUp from Sky Suite….worth it?

spork1958

19 hours ago, spork1958 said:

Thanks everyone for thoughts!  It’s very compelling to save the upgrade money for another cruise!  (Although the EV looks enticing! I’m expecting a great experience from the SS with accompanying E-class amenities, I think.  Thanks again!

That's not a bad choice at all. However, let me tell you that RS is very nice. Besides the room and extra perks, the crew really do find ways to give extra special treatment to the "higher suites" (how X folks often refer to RS and above).

It's all about what sounds better to you. You really can't make a bad choice between a higher suite or another cruise! 

• Like 1

Check with Celebrity about the beds.  I do know that all the beds on M class can be separated (or at least they could prior to the refurbishment).  I have no experience with that on S class as I've always sailed solo on those.  And I haven't sailed on an E class ship yet.

Your other option would be to post a separate thread and ask this question.  Specify the class of ship and the class of cabin you are interested in.  Someone on these boards is bound to have sailed in the type of cabin you're interested in.  The dear Celebrity phone reps are landlocked and most of them have no clue.  Celebrity told us that the bed in the PH could not be separated but our butler showed us that it could.  Again, this was prior to the renovation.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

The only person that can answer that question is you. You know your wants and needs as well as you financial situation. Personally, we don’t think the Sky Suite was worth it the one time we did it on the Equinox. For us, a balcony is just fine though we would do Aqua if available for the right price. Concierge of no interest.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm confused about the move up to the Sky Suite.  I have seen conflicting information.  I read somewhere that you when you "move up " you  don't get the perks ... the ultimate booze pkg' the streaming and the OBC.  I know you don't get "suite" Captains Club" points' but I am still curious about the real perks. I have a while until I can attempt to move up, but understanding the right circumstances, this/next year it will be VERY tempting.  Thank you 💌 😊 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:44 AM, Missymo said:

I am currently on Edge and in a Sky Suite.  I absolutely love it.  Originally had a Aqua cabin, but didntt like the infinite veranda issue.  Love having a balcony.  The pluses are many, that come with it.  , premium drink pkg, 2 extreme stream pkgs,Luminae, ( or blu if they have the room). A resort host (butler) that will get you anything you need. plus the Retreat.   If you make that decision, you will love it. 

I think the Premium Drink package comes with all suites?  Did they change that?

On 10/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, bboop51 said:

I'm confused about the move up to the Sky Suite.  I have seen conflicting information.  I read somewhere that you when you "move up " you  don't get the perks ... the ultimate booze pkg' the streaming and the OBC.  I know you don't get "suite" Captains Club" points' but I am still curious about the real perks. I have a while until I can attempt to move up, but understanding the right circumstances, this/next year it will be VERY tempting.  Thank you 💌 😊 

That is correct.  If you do not have the perks that you mention with your current booking, you will not have the perks if you win a Move Up bid to a Sky Suite.  You will of course have access the the drinks in the Retreat Lounge.  You will also be able to dine in Luminae and enjoy the Retreat Sun Deck.  This may be the reason that you may be reading some conflicting information.  

4 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I think the Premium Drink package comes with all suites?  Did they change that?

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

That’s what they posted re premium drink package, yes it’s included 

I may not understand what you are saying.   I am fairly certain that you are not correct.  As I said above if you do not have a Premium drink package with your originally booked cabin, you will not get it if you win a Move Up offer for a Sky Suite.

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

That’s what they posted re premium drink package, yes it’s included 

As @jagoffee said, that's not true. The premium package is a "Retreat" perk (along with the Stream wifi, suite gratuities, and OBC). As I learned from my recent unpleasant surprise unknowingly booking a suite with a simply sail fare, the Retreat perks do not automatically come with a suite.  

A Move Up bid would work the same. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

As I learned from my recent unpleasant surprise unknowingly booking a suite with a simply sail fare, the Retreat perks do not automatically come with a suite. 

At one time not that long ago, Sky and Celebrity suites didn't get the "Premium 'All-In' Benefits".  That only kicked in at Signature and above.  When did a complimentary PBP actually start for SS and CS?  (..or for that matter, unlimited internet, which was also only provided above CS)?

Does anyone have a current suite perks spreadsheet?  This one is antique, I think, perhaps made obsolete by the AI package, or perhaps still very relevant if booking a suite without AI?

Suite Perks.pdf

Edited by canderson

1 minute ago, canderson said:

When did a complimentary PBP actually start for SS and CS?

It started when they started "The Retreat," so recently. However, going back to my recent unpleasant surprise, I can tell you that it's hardly complimentary (although not badly priced, either).

10 hours ago, canderson said:

This one is a good bit more current, and reflects pretty much the same at a more detailed level.  In this, you see the SS and CS with the PBP.

1577641448_AMENITIESGRID8_12.2020-1.xlsx 120.8 kB · 11 downloads

As much as I would like it to be true that a CS came with all those goodies regardless of fare (because it would have saved me close to $1000 on the recent booking), they do not.  Luminae, Lounge, Sundeck, Retreat Host, priority boarding, and other what-nots may come with a suite under any circumstances, but not the gratuities, wifi, PBP, or OBC.

In fact, the spreadsheet states that those particular goodies are "Not included w/ special fares or Move Up Upgrades from any non-suite stateroom." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

In fact, the spreadsheet states that those particular goodies are "Not included w/ special fares or Move Up Upgrades from any non-suite stateroom." 

So is there some consensus that this spreadsheet appears to be 'current'?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

So is there some consensus that this spreadsheet appears to be 'current'?

I didn't look at the whole thing, and I don't know what it would take for a real "consensus," but I'll attest that the portion I discussed is correct.

This was discussed recently but prior to covid the premium bev package and unlimited stream internet 1 device (not tips and OBC) were considered stateroom amenities for RS and above and would be included with no-perks fares and MoveUp upgrades.  

Apparently this has changed as documented in this spreadsheet and reported confirmed by Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

This was discussed recently but prior to covid the premium bev package and unlimited stream internet 1 device (not tips and OBC) were considered stateroom amenities for RS and above and would be included with no-perks fares and MoveUp upgrades.  

Apparently this has changed as documented in this spreadsheet and reported confirmed by Celebrity.

To be precise (I believe), those were the amenities prior to instituting The Retreat.  That said, it's a difference with little or no distinction, as Covid came around only a few months after The Retreat did.

Nowadays, the higher suites enjoy other amenities, such as unlimited specialty dining, two bottles of liquor or wine in the room, complimentary soft drinks and premium bottled water in the room.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Nowadays, the higher suites enjoy other amenities, such as unlimited specialty dining, two bottles of liquor or wine in the room, complimentary soft drinks and premium bottled water in the room.

The "Retreat" branding was a repackaging of the 4 perks included with Suite bookings going back several years.  The other amenities you mention have also been in place for several years.

I had Senior or Resident discount or Xciting Deals "no perks" Royal Suite bookings in 2017 and 2018 which include everything you mentioned as well as PBP and WiFi.   I believe you will find others with the same experience right up to March of 2020.

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The "Retreat" branding was a repackaging of the 4 perks included with Suite bookings going back several years.  The other amenities you mention have also been in place for several years.

I had Senior or Resident discount or Xciting Deals "no perks" Royal Suite bookings in 2017 and 2018 which include everything you mentioned as well as PBP and WiFi.   I believe you will find others with the same experience right up to March of 2020.

I had the same experience with a RS upgrade.  I am not sure anyone has reported that they did not received a Premium Drink Package and unlimited internet while staying in an RS and above.  But perhaps those people already had the indulge package before they were upgraded?  Probably not likely that someone would win a move up bid from a non suite to a RS. Since the RS comes with am unlimited restocking of the mini bar and two full bottles of alcohol, I would find it unusual that a RS has not maintained the Premium Drink Package benefit with the stateroom.

Has anyone stayed in a RS or above without the drink package and internet? I have not read any reports.  If someone reports it happening, we will know for sure.  

On 9/26/2021 at 1:19 PM, LGW59 said:

The Eclass RS, PH, EV to me are all lovely looking suites, the balconies though to me look way to small for a suite of that class.  Have not stayed in one yet so is just an observation from various videos I have seen.  Now the Iconic balcony, holy moly!

True the balconies are smaller on some of the bigger suites.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:12 PM, wrk2cruise said:

I've had the same experience.  The TA I was booking with tried to get me to book at the 4 perks price.  I pointed out to her that 3 of the perks were amenities of the RS and that I would pay my own gratuities and save a bunch of money by booking at a resident rate.

I cannot speak about whether or not this has changed post Covid and post AI as I have not yet cruised in that environment.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, Cdresser said:

It depends on the minimum bid offer. I can say from experience that $2500pp to move from an s3 to  the Celebrity Suite only offers extra room and doesn't have the extra amenities of the upper level suites.

IMHO, the extra amenities of the upper level suites no longer seem very important now that almost everyone has the "Always Included" packages.  You can add on a specialty dining package and upgrade your Premium Drinks package to a "Drinks & More" package for far less than it costs to upgrade to a Royal or higher suite.

Edited by actuarian

3 hours ago, actuarian said:

IMHO, the extra amenities of the upper level suites no longer seem very important now that almost everyone has the "Always Included" packages.  You can add on a specialty dining package and upgrade your Premium Drinks package to a "Drinks & More" package for far less than it costs to upgrade to a Royal or higher suite.

Fully agree with you. With the exception of the additional space which you can't really quantify a value for (more value for on a TA than a port intensive itinerary), for my Caribbean cruise in an S2, the cost of upgrading to "Drinks & More", adding a premium bar setup, and 7 nights of specialty dining works out to about $415USD pp, so unless I can get a RS upgrade for $400pp it won't be worth it for us.