Why don't they fix the Panorama?!!!!

klfhngr

I am leaving on the Panorama this weekend. I got that email last Thursday referencing all the October cruises. This change has totally messed up all the shore excursions. Those that had them already booked say they haven't been rescheduled yet. After the change, all shore excursions were removed from the cruise planner and just a few have returned. This morning, it's showing 8 for PV, 5 for Mazatlan, and only 1 for Cabo (and yeah, the 2 PM departure from Cabo is really disappointing). Hopefully they get it straightened out for you on the later cruises.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kennystwin said:

I am leaving on the Panorama this weekend. I got that email last Thursday referencing all the October cruises. This change has totally messed up all the shore excursions. Those that had them already booked say they haven't been rescheduled yet. After the change, all shore excursions were removed from the cruise planner and just a few have returned. This morning, it's showing 8 for PV, 5 for Mazatlan, and only 1 for Cabo (and yeah, the 2 PM departure from Cabo is really disappointing). Hopefully they get it straightened out for you on the later cruises.

We noticed there were not many choices per cruise after the changes but once onboard there seemed to be many more to choose from. 

• Like 1

The drastically shortened hours in Cabo have hit tourism hard. In an effort to stop the bleeding one venue is offering a dining and musical dance stage show called Rhythms of the Dawn. Presumably this is a take off on the famed dinner show in Puerto Vallarta: Rhythms of the Night.

PV.jpg

Edited by rainbowflag
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

The drastically shortened hours in Cabo have hit tourism hard. In an effort to stop the bleeding one venue is offering a dining and musical dance stage show called Rhythms of the Dawn. Presumably this is a take off on the famed dinner show in Puerto Vallarta: Rhythms of the Night.

PV.jpg

We were just there in July, and yes, they were hit hard! They were so looking forward to the ships coming back! At least we'll have a few hours to spend some mula, but a lot less that what we had planned for. The friends that we are going with are going there for the first time, so they're bummed out. Looks like we'll now do some shopping, tequila tasting, tacos and that's about it! More time in PV is cool though, that's our favorite stop (done this MR cruise over 10 times). Stone Island in MZ is the plan and go nuts in PV.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

We were just there in July, and yes, they were hit hard! They were so looking forward to the ships coming back! At least we'll have a few hours to spend some mula, but a lot less that what we had planned for. The friends that we are going with are going there for the first time, so they're bummed out. Looks like we'll now do some shopping, tequila tasting, tacos and that's about it! More time in PV is cool though, that's our favorite stop (done this MR cruise over 10 times). Stone Island in MZ is the plan and go nuts in PV.

This will be our 10th visit to PV and we always get a cab outside the marine terminal and head south to Zona Romantica. The cobblestone streets with their homes overlooking the Pacific remind us of Barcelona. Twice in the past we booked the Miracle when she stayed docked at the pier overnight. On those cruises we stayed at a time share condo in the Zona and stayed out all night. With the Zona's beaches, malecon, restaurants and clubs what's not to like? 

11pv.webp

• Like 5

I just cancelled my February 2022 cruise since I have no faith that this issue will be resolved without a Dry Dock. 2 months of adjusted itineraries points to this issue not being fixable during / in between cruises.

I was actually able to book the Majestic Princess for the same dates in a Mini-Suite with drinks/grats/wi-fi included for $600 less than the Havana Cabin I initially had booked.

• Like 2

We had 5 hours in Cabo starting at 6:30 am - nothing was open. Getting off the ship was a waste of time which made me sad cause it was our first time there. Honestly, there are a lot of issues with Panorama right now and it isn't just mechanical. The only thing I would give 5 stars to were the evening shows.

Our cruise got back 2 weeks ago and I have already started to change the next cruise I have booked on that ship. 

I hope that your experience is better than ours was! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 5:36 PM, pnwredhead said:

We had 5 hours in Cabo starting at 6:30 am - nothing was open. Getting off the ship was a waste of time which made me sad cause it was our first time there.

Wow, only 5 hours?  I just got a note that the 11/27 sailing is also now going in reverse order with shortened hours in Cabo San Lucas, but they claim we're getting back on board at 2:30.  It's pretty stupid, and I'm a little pissed off as I've never been there before.  We're also allowed to get off at 6:30AM, but who the hell would want to be up that early and what would you possibly do?  Shivver on the beach  until the sun finishes coming up?

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 7:17 PM, rainbowflag said:

This will be our 10th visit to PV and we always get a cab outside the marine terminal and head south to Zona Romantica. The cobblestone streets with their homes overlooking the Pacific remind us of Barcelona. Twice in the past we booked the Miracle when she stayed docked at the pier overnight. On those cruises we stayed at a time share condo in the Zona and stayed out all night. With the Zona's beaches, malecon, restaurants and clubs what's not to like? 

11pv.webp

Awesome photo!  Why is the water those shades of green by the shore?

On 9/30/2021 at 10:52 PM, bugeater2 said:

I just cancelled my February 2022 cruise since I have no faith that this issue will be resolved without a Dry Dock. 2 months of adjusted itineraries points to this issue not being fixable during / in between cruises.

I was actually able to book the Majestic Princess for the same dates in a Mini-Suite with drinks/grats/wi-fi included for $600 less than the Havana Cabin I initially had booked.

I was booked today on the Panorama, but all the reports of delays, lines, and bad food made me switch to Majestic Princess, even though it was double the cost. I still caved in and booked the Panorama in January, after finding another ridiculously cheap solo fare. Hopefully the issues will be fixed, otherwise my Cabo excursion will be whale-spotting with binoculars while eating Guy’s BBQ on the lanai.

• Like 1

We just got off the Panorama and were told that the ship is not having any mechanical issues.  We were told by an "insider" that the deviation in the itinerary is due to the zoning around the Cabo area due to the Whale migration season and conservation.   They have to sail at a significantly reduced speed around the area and reversed the itinerary to accommodate that.  On our way to Puerto Vallarta (after passing Cabo) , we were sailing at 23 knots. No propulsion issues that night.   

As per the food on the Panorama,  we found that it was mostly great.  We ate at the Steakhouse, JiJi's and the Teppanyaki restaurants, then the dining room the rest of the nights.  Only one night in the dining room did they come up short for me.  My prime rib was tough and did not taste good and my Crème Brule was watery.  Other than that one night, the food was excellent and I had no complaints on the quality.   We did eat some lunches in the buffet and I thought the food was very good.  Like everyone else, I had read the bad reviews and was prepared for the worst.  I did not find that the reviews hit what I was experiencing.  

We had such amazing service on this ship from all of the staff.  They are just so happy to be back sailing and there are friendly smiles everywhere and an eagerness to please their customers.  Go and enjoy the ship.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Enjoy being back at sea on a cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, LRDR01 said:

We just got off the Panorama and were told that the ship is not having any mechanical issues.  We were told by an "insider" that the deviation in the itinerary is due to the zoning around the Cabo area due to the Whale migration season and conservation.   They have to sail at a significantly reduced speed around the area and reversed the itinerary to accommodate that.  On our way to Puerto Vallarta (after passing Cabo) , we were sailing at 23 knots. No propulsion issues that night.   

As per the food on the Panorama,  we found that it was mostly great.  We ate at the Steakhouse, JiJi's and the Teppanyaki restaurants, then the dining room the rest of the nights.  Only one night in the dining room did they come up short for me.  My prime rib was tough and did not taste good and my Crème Brule was watery.  Other than that one night, the food was excellent and I had no complaints on the quality.   We did eat some lunches in the buffet and I thought the food was very good.  Like everyone else, I had read the bad reviews and was prepared for the worst.  I did not find that the reviews hit what I was experiencing.  

We had such amazing service on this ship from all of the staff.  They are just so happy to be back sailing and there are friendly smiles everywhere and an eagerness to please their customers.  Go and enjoy the ship.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Enjoy being back at sea on a cruise.

It wouldn't make sense that they would shift the blame to themselves.  Modifying things for whale migrations would be seen by most as a positive thing, a malfunctioning propulsion system would not.  Even if the know exactly what the problem is and have the parts available, finding a proper dry dock could be an issue right now. 

I am as flexible as they come. I understand that mechanical issues can and do happen. I am ready for my February Cruise and if they change the port order I am not at all upset. I already booked my Shore Excursions with Carnival for Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. In Mazatlan I booked a Shore Excursion with a third party and they will refund my money if they cannot change my date! I purchased the $10 insurance just in case.  The excursion is $40 so not a big loss.

• Like 1

Been on MR cruises at least 10 times, so ports don't matter to me. I'd even stay on the ship if it wasn't for our friends going for the first time, I feel bad for them.

45 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I am as flexible as they come. I understand that mechanical issues can and do happen. I am ready for my February Cruise and if they change the port order I am not at all upset. I already booked my Shore Excursions with Carnival for Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. In Mazatlan I booked a Shore Excursion with a third party and they will refund my money if they cannot change my date! I purchased the $10 insurance just in case.  The excursion is $40 so not a big loss.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ladychater said:

Wow, only 5 hours?  I just got a note that the 11/27 sailing is also now going in reverse order with shortened hours in Cabo San Lucas, but they claim we're getting back on board at 2:30.  It's pretty stupid, and I'm a little pissed off as I've never been there before.  We're also allowed to get off at 6:30AM, but who the hell would want to be up that early and what would you possibly do?  Shivver on the beach  until the sun finishes coming up?

Were you notified by Carnival?  We are on the 11/6 sailing and I can see that the ports have been reversed in my planner but our shore excursions were not switched.  The excursion I bought for Cabo is now listed on a sea day.  Haven't gotten any notification from Carnival.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SkipsMom said:

Were you notified by Carnival?  We are on the 11/6 sailing and I can see that the ports have been reversed in my planner but our shore excursions were not switched.  The excursion I bought for Cabo is now listed on a sea day.  Haven't gotten any notification from Carnival.

We got an email.

22 hours ago, SkipsMom said:

We had the same issue but no worries. You still will have your excursion but it will take a while before your cruise manager gets updated. 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, SkipsMom said:

Same here.  11/6 sailing, I saw the itinerary change in my cruise planner but still have not received any notification email from Carnival.  I was able to email and move a private excursion in Cabo to the new day, but now have no idea what we are going to do in PV.  Right now the listed excursions are few, so we'll likely have to wait until board to book anything for PV, on the hope that they will have more offerings then.