Does Carnival care / respond to email complaints?

pnwredhead

Hey all,

I was on a cruise 2 weeks ago and it was not a great experience. I have never had an experience like this before (undercooked food at almost every meal in the MDR, rude bartenders, waiters forgetting some of the orders, unprofessional jewelry expert, issues at the fun shops, piped in music so loud that even the bartenders were complaining, premium internet issues and the response from guest services, etc.) I have been on Carnival many times and never experienced a cruise like this. 

I sent an email to guestcare at Carnival because I was told that they could respond to me on this. I have never sent in a complaint before as usually it isn't a huge deal and/or it doesn't last the entire cruise so I don't know what to expect. Honestly, what I want most is a reply and to know I was heard.

My question is, have you ever sent in a complaint? Did you receive a reply from them? Do you feel like your concerns were acknowledged? Is there another place at Carnival that this should be sent to? 

TIA =) 

9 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

Hey all,

I was on a cruise 2 weeks ago and it was not a great experience. I have never had an experience like this before (undercooked food at almost every meal in the MDR, rude bartenders, waiters forgetting some of the orders, unprofessional jewelry expert, issues at the fun shops, piped in music so loud that even the bartenders were complaining, premium internet issues and the response from guest services, etc.) I have been on Carnival many times and never experienced a cruise like this. 

I sent an email to guestcare at Carnival because I was told that they could respond to me on this. I have never sent in a complaint before as usually it isn't a huge deal and/or it doesn't last the entire cruise so I don't know what to expect. Honestly, what I want most is a reply and to know I was heard.

My question is, have you ever sent in a complaint? Did you receive a reply from them? Do you feel like your concerns were acknowledged? Is there another place at Carnival that this should be sent to? 

TIA 😃

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, especially, after needing to wait so long to go on a cruise again.  It May take awhile to get a response, if you even get one. I haven't been on a cruise in several years, but seem to remember, that at the end of the cruise, you could fill out a card, and add comments, which was then returned to guest services.  . Maybe they don't do this anymore? 

Lol I think I had pretty much the same complaints. I would have bought a self winding watch except the clerk said oh those are all $800 or $900. They were half as much as I would have bought one instead of what I bought.

Rude waiter in the steak restaurant 

Overcharged in sea shack and hotel director onboard knew it and said it was working on it.

If I didnt have free obc I would have been more annoyed. 

I loved my cabin steward though lol.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I think I had pretty much the same complaints. I would have bought a self winding watch except the clerk said oh those are all $800 or $900. They were half as much as I would have bought one instead of what I bought.

Rude waiter in the steak restaurant 

Overcharged in sea shack and hotel director onboard knew it and said it was working on it.

If I didnt have free obc I would have been more annoyed. 

I loved my cabin steward though lol.

Which ship were you on?

1 minute ago, GummyBear said:

Which ship were you on?

I was on vista and wasnt one of the low deals they had later on, paidmfull price.

Havana i gave a 1 out of 10. Tried 2 days to order some cuban coffee and finally got it with some lip about now they cant do both sides of the bar. I couldnt get his attention. Havana I rated 1 out of 10. He and steak house restaurant I thought were rude. 

Not my fault if I stood there 2 days trying to get a bar tender to fix me coffee. No tip for him, just for h

Java guys. 

51 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

Hey all,

TIA 😃

Like everyone else in this crazy Covid alternate reality world we find ourselves in, I sure the cruise lines are understaffed and crews are overworked. Rudeness however is never acceptable. Carnival is usually very responsive to customer complaints but it may take some time for them to get to you. 

12 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

They still send out surveys but I’ve never heard of them responding to one. 

what ship were you on?  We had horrible premium internet as well.  They offered me a free drink but we had cheers so didn’t take the offer. 

I actually got a response once from a survery, but it was not from a Carnival survey. It was from a different line owned by the Carnival Corporation, Holland America.

13 hours ago, pnwredhead said:

Hey all,

TIA 😃

It sounds like most of your concerns should have been brought up while you were still onboard. I'm sure that your email was noted but as others have said they are probably as understaffed as everyone else right now. Was your ship on one of it's first sailings since the restart? That might explain much of what happened since it takes a while for the crew to work out the bugs of getting back to sea and working with a new team. I expect that our Legend cruise in November will have a lot of similar issues for that reason. 

35 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

It sounds like most of your concerns should have been brought up while you were still onboard. I'm sure that your email was noted but as others have said they are probably as understaffed as everyone else right now. Was your ship on one of it's first sailings since the restart? That might explain much of what happened since it takes a while for the crew to work out the bugs of getting back to sea and working with a new team. I expect that our Legend cruise in November will have a lot of similar issues for that reason. 

I actually did bring up the issue of carnival overcharging at sea shack at customer service. She said that's not right and called the hotel director and he said he knew and was so lame she handed me the phone rather than repeat his lame excuse. 

Its wrong... people are probably signing for a extra couple of dollars all the time and thinking hmmm, but letting it go. It should be illegal. But there are no laws I guess. 

I had those coupons for meals for $15 credit. I wanted to do $16 .. $12 and $4. 

If I added the $4 item their system cant handle it and adds almost $9 gratuity. The cashier says nothing he can do the tip is automatically added. But its more than if I bought the $4 clam chowder separate. 

Hotel director says they are aware of the overcharging and waiting on IT to fix it. .. so they did nothing. Nothing offered, never got the clam chowder for the advertised price. They obviously dont care and are overcharging knowingly.

Yes it's just a few extra dollars. It's still wrong. So twice I used my $15 coupon for $12 only, and a 2nd charge of $2.17 or whatever they charge separate for the tip, even though the whole thing is less than $15. ..but cant add a 2nd item due to they cant handle it. I dont want something free. I want to be charged the right amt. 

Carnival is just trying to get thru this period. They dont care. That was my impression, except for a few workers. And people are ok with that as we just want to be back on the ocean. Me too. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I actually did bring up the issue of carnival overcharging at sea shack at customer service. She said that's not right and called the hotel director and he said he knew and was so lame she handed me the phone rather than repeat his lame excuse. 

Its wrong... people are probably signing for a extra couple of dollars all the time and thinking hmmm, but letting it go. It should be illegal. But there are no laws I guess. 

If I added the $4 item their system cant handle it and adds almost $9 gratuity. The cashier says nothing he can do the tip is automatically added. But its more than if I bought the $4 clam chowder separate. 

Hotel director says they are aware of the overcharging and waiting on IT to fix it. .. so they did nothing. Nothing offered, never got the clam chowder for the advertised price. They obviously dont care and are overcharging knowingly.

Yes it's just a few extra dollars. It's still wrong. So twice I used my $15 coupon for $12 only, and a 2nd charge of $2.17 or whatever they charge separate for the tip, even though the whole thing is less than $15. ..but cant add a 2nd item due to they cant handle it. I dont want something free. I want to be charged the right amt. 

Carnival is just trying to get thru this period. They dont care. That was my impression, except for a few workers. And people are ok with that as we just want to be back on the ocean. Me too. 

When did tipping become a requirement at an eating venue such a SeaShack?

17 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

When did tipping become a requirement at an eating venue such a SeaShack?

Sea shack and the sushi place both add a separate mandatory tip. Charged separate. Might be because I used a $15 credit. Though I only got a $12 item, they couldnt handled a 2nd item. 

Used these so it was the $15 credit   plus a separate tip. My bill was under $15. Still charged the separate tip. ..as I said lucky I had extra obc. 

Used these $15 credits. Got $12 item, unable to add a $4 item and pay the difference. So just spent $12 both times plus the tip. So $15 credit plus the tip. Not a great deal lol. 

20210911_134902.jpg

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Sea shack and the sushi place both add a separate mandatory tip. Charged separate. Might be because I used a $15 credit. Though I only got a $12 item, they couldnt handled a 2nd item. 

Used these so it was the $15 credit   plus a separate tip. My bill was under $15. Still charged the separate tip. ..as I said lucky I had extra obc. 

Used these $15 credits. Got $12 item, unable to add a $4 item and pay the difference. So just spent $12 both times plus the tip. So $15 credit plus the tip. Not a great deal lol. 

20210911_134902.jpg

It's not a 12 or 15% savings if you have to tip now on top of the price of the item. I wonder if one can remove the tip? Seems silly to be tipping here anyway as if I tip when I go to Burger King or Checkers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

It's not a 12 or 15% savings if you have to tip now on top of the price of the item. I wonder if one can remove the tip? Seems silly to be tipping here anyway as if I tip when I go to Burger King or Checkers.

Nope tip cannot be adjusted.

As I said my issue was when I wanted to add a $4 cup of chowder and the mandatory tip was almost $9, it went up more than the cost of the chowder is why it's obviously wrong. Tip should not go from $2.xx to $8.67 from adding a $4 cup of chowder. If it had been a larger amt I probably wouldnt have noticed the tip went up more than the cost of the item. The guy just shrugged and said nothing he can do.

I bought the 2 sets of coupons and wanted the lobster rolls twice so shrugged it off. Customer service knows and nothing they can do either and I was in the plat diamond line, so they knew I was a frequent cruiser and did  nothing. She agreed it was wrong of carnival but wasnt a big enough amount to argue or do something to fix. And I put it in my survey .. so they are ignoring it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nope tip cannot be adjusted.

As I said my issue was when I wanted to add a $4 cup of chowder and the mandatory tip was almost $9, it went up more than the cost of the chowder is why it's obviously wrong. Tip should not go from $2.xx to $8.67 from adding a $4 cup of chowder. If it had been a larger amt I probably wouldnt have noticed the tip went up more than the cost of the item. The guy just shrugged and said nothing he can do.

I bought the 2 sets of coupons and wanted the lobster rolls twice so shrugged it off. Customer service knows and nothing they can do either and I was in the plat diamond line, so they knew I was a frequent cruiser and did  nothing. She agreed it was wrong of carnival but wasnt a big enough amount to argue or do something to fix. And I put it in my survey .. so they are ignoring it.

I was finally planning to try the lobster roll (to compare to lobster rolls on the Cape and....because it's a lobster roll) but I guess not now. Thanks for the info.

9 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I was finally planning to try the lobster roll (to compare to lobster rolls on the Cape and....because it's a lobster roll) but I guess not now. Thanks for the info.

Just buy it without the new coupons. I still enjoyed it. Enough to do it twice. I asked for it with butter not mayo and they fixed it like regular lobster. I love lobster.

It's just the math. It should not cost a $15 coupon plus $8.67 for a $16 order. 

Buy it separate. I had 6 coupons to use up plus someone invited me to a steak dinner in addition. 

It was good. I loved it.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

I had these issues on Panorama.

I would blame it on being understaffed/overworked if I wasn't on Miracle 2 weeks prior and had a great experience. (Little things here and there that weren't perfect, like the AC in the room didn't work well so I always felt hot, but I had a balcony so I just opened the door if it got too bad.) The food in the MDR was great, bartenders were fun and personable, etc. There were way more employees on Panorama so.... 

The last time we cruised we wrote a complaint email ..I never do that , but it was one incident that we thought was not handled properly. They emailed back with an apology and free steakhouse dinner for the next time we cruise ( which will be in a couple of weeks...almost 2 years after, thanks covid). 

The only time (other than post cruise surveys) that I have made a complaint, I addressed an email to the CEO, knowing it would be handled by an assistant, which it was.  The complaint was about a PVP, and unfortunately the assistant forwarded the complaint to the PVP in question, asking that she handle the issue, which she didn’t.  Not a good way for a complaint to be handled IMHO.

23 hours ago, pnwredhead said:

Hey all,

TIA 😃

Several years ago, I wrote Carnival. I think them for being one Cruise line which did not leave California. But I told them it would be nice to have a new ship in california, instead of the very old ones they were using out here.

I received a response from Carnival informing me that the Carnival panorama would be heading to this location. They also sent me a link so I could click on it and see the new ship. So they did read and respond to my email

We had a water leak in our cabin on the last night of a cruise. I emailed and received a call within a couple of days.  They gave us substantial future cruise credit to book a do over cruise and $200 on board credit to spend. I was very impressed. 

On 10/2/2021 at 7:20 AM, firefly333 said:

Yep, that's not cool at all. After reading the subsequent posts I am glad that I don't go in for specialty dining. This is definitely something that should be fixed.