Move Up Accepted!

lovecruzin

Surprisingly our “weak” bid to upgrade from an A1 to a RS was accepted 😀 I actually tried to cancel the bid and it wouldn’t let me, now 2 days later the charge hits my credit card and I am notified. This is for a Pacific Coastal cruise where we don't plan to get off the ship a lot so we’ll enjoy the big deck and extra space!

I think all we get for the upgrade is the suite and none of the extras benefits, am I correct that we still have to pay for an upgrade to the Premium beverage package? 🤔

• Like 4

No, you would not need to pay additional for that.  The PBP comes automatically with a RS, and because a move up gains you any perks directly related to the cabin category, you do get access to Luminae, 2 bottles in your cabin, monogrammed PJ's, and the various RS specific perks, as would any RS guest.  Another example - you should be granted complimentary specialty dining, since that comes with any RS.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

No, you would not need to pay additional for that.  The PBP comes automatically with a RS, and because a move up gains you any perks directly related to the cabin category, you do get access to Luminae, 2 bottles in your cabin, monogrammed PJ's, and the various RS specific perks, as would any RS guest.

Which includes access to the Retreat Lounge. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Surprisingly our “weak” bid to upgrade from an A1 to a RS was accepted 😀 I actually tried to cancel the bid and it wouldn’t let me, now 2 days later the charge hits my credit card and I am notified. This is for a Pacific Coastal cruise where we don't plan to get off the ship a lot so we’ll enjoy the big deck and extra space!

I think all we get for the upgrade is the suite and none of the extras benefits, am I correct that we still have to pay for an upgrade to the Premium beverage package? 🤔

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Congratulations!!!!   Enjoy  😊   

Pre pandemic a successful Move Up to a RS from a non suite would get you Luminae, Retreat, Butler, unlimited speciality dining, laundry, 2 bottles of liquor and a bottle of Champagne.

You kept any beverage & wifi,  OBC and prepaid gratuties that were a part of your original booking. So no upgrade to beverage, Wifi,  no OBC and the difference in the daily gratuties was charged  to you.

We haven’t bid for a move up on our upcoming sailing so not sure if rules have changed.  The T & Cs make reference to keeping what was on your original booking.

One downside, though not a huge one ... assuming you were already booked under the AI program, you'll need to pay the difference in gratuities that come with staying in a suite.  It's just a few dollars per day.

Edited by canderson

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You kept any beverage & wifi,  OBC and prepaid gratuties that were a part of your original booking. So no upgrade to beverage, Wifi,  no OBC and the difference in the daily gratuties was charged ...

Hmm... may still be the case.  The hard part is differentiating the "promotions", as X likes to call them, from the perks that accrue to simply sailing in a RS, which are more than those offered in a SS or CS.  Worst case, there's the option of upgrading the beverage package once aboard.

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So no upgrade to beverage, Wifi,  no OBC and the difference in the daily gratuties was charged  to you.

Actually premium beverage package and stream wifi are included in the RS and above as a stateroom amenity.   Assuming the poster is booked under the AI package they will receive complimentary upgrades from the base packages.   They will be required to pay the difference in the daily gratuities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Actually premium beverage package and stream wifi are included in the RS and above as a stateroom amenity.   Assuming the poster is booked under the AI package they will receive complimentary upgrades from the base packages.   They will be required to pay the difference in the daily gratuities.

That was my thinking as well.  SS and CS don't receive the PBP by default, but RS and above do, so it should come along with the cabin.

• Like 2

It is confusing when they say you keep your original promotion  …

We originally paid $2099 pp for our A1. My bid was $1780.

So we are paying $3879. I had been looking at upgrading to a SS and never saw it for less than that. The current rate for the RS if I booked today is $7879pp.

At this point, paying additional gratuities or to upgrade the bev pkg is not a big deal. 😀 I was having a bit of buyers remorse but that has faded. 😜 

Edited by lovecruzin
  • Like 3