Sky Suite Simply Sail or Always Included

Tarheeler

I contacted Celebrity to see if the new Loyalty promo could be applied to my reservation. We're in a sky suite.  I was told that if the promo is applied, I will lose our complimentary streaming wifi, premium beverage package, prepaid gratuities and $600 onboard credit.  I thought that suites included the Retreat as well as the "always included" perks.  I plan to call back to see if I get a different answer; but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has had a experience with this... or knows the answer.  Thanks!

A Simply Sail rate is a cruise only rate,  no AI.  If you book a Simply Sail rate for a Suite  you get the use of the Retreat Sun Deck, Luminae and Retreat Lounge, but not the OBC, beverage package, gratuties or wi-fi.  To get those you pay have to pay the higher cruise fare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

Or be in an upper level suite where some of these come with the suite.

Has anyone even seen Simply Sail rates for any RS or above?  Haven't noticed any.

The best you would get is a suite guarantee. With the Move Up bids coming in, chances of getting anything higher than a Sky Suite would be very very slim. 

42 minutes ago, Tarheeler said:

I contacted Celebrity to see if the new Loyalty promo could be applied to my reservation. We're in a sky suite.  I was told that if the promo is applied, I will lose our complimentary streaming wifi, premium beverage package, prepaid gratuities and $600 onboard credit.  I thought that suites included the Retreat as well as the "always included" perks.  I plan to call back to see if I get a different answer; but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has had a experience with this... or knows the answer.  Thanks!

What you were told is correct. Suites get the upgraded AI amenities but the Loyalty promo is cruise only which negates any of those extras. Even if you did get a wrong answer, the rate code attached to your booking (Loyalty NRD) would not have the AI amenities attached to your onboard account when you got on the ship. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

20 hours ago, greydog said:

To claify, access to Lounge brings access to adult beverages in the lounge (and a drink could be carried into Luminae).  Just sayin'

We did a music charter on celebrity in a suite, definitely don’t need drink package if you have suite lounge , even better on edge class with suite bar by the pool.

13 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a music charter on celebrity in a suite, definitely don’t need drink package if you have suite lounge , even better on edge class with suite bar by the pool.

IME, Retreat deck pool bar drinks are charged to your sea pass card.

• Thanks 1

Maybe so but the policy is complimentary drinks in lounge only, not the sundeck or Luminae.   I was on your same cruise with a Simply Sail rate but get drink package with our Loyalty status.  I probably just had my card out when I went to the bar.

1 hour ago, Tarheeler said:

Thanks to all who responded and clarified!  Our original booking, which was refared with the 20% discount promo, includes all perks.  We are staying with that rather than applying the Loyalty promo. 

Good move. 

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe so but the policy is complimentary drinks in lounge only, not the sundeck or Luminae.   I was on your same cruise with a Simply Sail rate but get drink package with our Loyalty status.  I probably just had my card out when I went to the bar.

If I remember right in March 2019 on the Edge they were charging at the pool bar. I do believe that has changed.

12 hours ago, RichYak said:

Retreat lounge, drinks are complimentary. Retreat Pool Deck, they are charged to your card.

Are the Retreat Lounge drinks the same as elsewhere, or do they use higher quality mixers, and default to premium spirits?

I'm a bit confused, on the Celebrity website it says that any Retreat suite booked after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. The Indulge Package provides a Premium Beverage Package, an Unlimited Stream Internet Package, Gratuities Included, and an OBC for all guests in the stateroom. 

51 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I'm a bit confused, on the Celebrity website it says that any Retreat suite booked after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. The Indulge Package provides a Premium Beverage Package, an Unlimited Stream Internet Package, Gratuities Included, and an OBC for all guests in the stateroom. 

Unless it doesn't!   Some fare classes just don't include booking perks.   You have to be careful when booking with any promotions.

55 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The OP was considering repricing  their cruise under a Loyalty promotion that did not include the Indulge Package.  For some who don’t use wi-fi, drink very little or not at all and don’t want the OBC ,  even when adding the daily gratuity to the price save money.